Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good morning

+2
Impedimenta
Propagandhi711
6 posters

Go down

good morning Empty good morning

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

welcome to MMPP the LIB, the internet's premier knockout one-two punch of bi-coastal liberal intellectuals. today we'll discuss greenhouse gases, obamacare, romney taxes, paul ryan's book choices, gay marriage, arab spring related developments, gun control & limbaugh's drug habit among other liberal causes. excuse us while we sound illogical and partisan as it's time of the year. once our hero's elected, we'll go back to sounding impartial and evenhanded.

and now for some youtube videos of poor old black bluesmen that will burnish our liberal credentials as men of the people, as one of us has a pesky problem of sounding snobbishly elitist with disparaging remarks about poor, uneducated whites working against their own interests as defined by the elites.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

good morning Empty Re: good morning

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:04 am

LOL! the best way to start off a monday morning

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:19 am

Propagandhi711 wrote: as one of us has a pesky problem of sounding snobbishly elitist with disparaging remarks about poor, uneducated whites working against their own interests as defined by the elites.

yeah, that'll be me and i don't think it's snobbish to state the truth. the NYT article had plenty of revealing data. and before we get into using stats and data to one's advantage, there is no data massaging being done in stating the fact that social programs are predominantly useful to people who live in red states. you don't have to read the article, but if you are going to call me snobbish i'll gladly accept the label after we've at least had a chance to have a substantive discussion about the numbers.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:excuse us while we sound illogical and partisan as it's time of the year. once our hero's elected, we'll go back to sounding impartial and evenhanded.
Haha, when it comes to US politics, I have always been clearly partisan. I don't pretend to the impartial and evenhanded, or what's the phrase, "fair and balanced." I have been a strong Obama supporter since 2007, and I still am. If anything, my support for him was stronger in 2009 after the last election than it is now.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:53 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote: as one of us has a pesky problem of sounding snobbishly elitist with disparaging remarks about poor, uneducated whites working against their own interests as defined by the elites.

yeah, that'll be me and i don't think it's snobbish to state the truth. the NYT article had plenty of revealing data. and before we get into using stats and data to one's advantage, there is no data massaging being done in stating the fact that social programs are predominantly useful to people who live in red states. you don't have to read the article, but if you are going to call me snobbish i'll gladly accept the label after we've at least had a chance to have a substantive discussion about the numbers.

The truckers, the farmers, low-skilled workers benefit the most from social programs and they dont even realize it (bcz they are republicanly dumb to the core) while badmouthing the hands that help them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Maria S wrote:Good Afternoon DUT!

Me too..get tired of endless-repetitious stuff, even when it comes to the stuff I like!

Always am willing to learn/listen to something new..do you have some PG rated stuff you want to talk about here:)

i'm really disappointed to hear you say that. despite our personality differences, i really thought your heart is into progressive politics. i don't think we have discussed these issues to death here. most of the conversations have been about indian cinema, music, and occasionally about indian politics. as someone who is most likely going to spend the rest of my life here and die here, american political issues are nearly as important to me as what goes on in india. these issues affect my ability to provide a livelihood for my family, my children's education, and about how i am going to spend my autumn years as i am sure it does yours. so why would you not engage in a conversation about what are at stake in the coming election besides opining that paul ryan is a goodlooking man?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Me too..get tired of endless-repetitious stuff, even when it comes to the stuff I like!

Always am willing to learn/listen to something new..do you have some PG rated stuff you want to talk about here:)

i'm really disappointed to hear you say that. despite our personality differences, i really thought your heart is into progressive politics. i don't think we have discussed these issues to death here. most of the conversations have been about indian cinema, music, and occasionally about indian politics. as someone who is most likely going to spend the rest of my life here and die here, american political issues are nearly as important to me as what goes on in india. these issues affect my ability to provide a livelihood for my family, my children's education, and about how i am going to spend my autumn years as i am sure it does yours. so why would you not engage in a conversation about what are at stake in the coming election besides opining that paul ryan is a goodlooking man?

How come I dont see Maria ji's post ?

okiee...another routine thingy....I think this is a typical Woman thingy. Heard women whine about repeating the same thing as soon as it is repeated 3 times. Life is full of repetitions from brushing your teeth to sleeping.

And, then they question about men looking sideways...

insensitive species...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Ayyo..I don't know what to say/do to you Max! Can I ever do anything right in your eyes!

One min..you try to get blatantly arrogant-condescending and want to show off..by saying that I don't know meaning to words like "libertarian"..and now you are disappointed about where my heart is..and take a shot at me for saying Paul Ryan is a goodlooking man (actually it is very, very goodlooking, handsome and sexy Wink )

Seriously, after all the years I have been on line..there are only a few people who take liberties with me and try to stick it to me..when it is totally unprovoked. Some are not worth any response..because, it's a total a waste of time. With you..I still respond because I think you are sincere in what you say and part of it something you really feel passionately about + a little personal swipe makes you happy!

It must be obvious by by now..how I do feel about American politics..I don't like to just talk the talk, but do try to walk the walk and try to be involved- invest time, money and energy which I can when it comes to issues which are important to me - on all levels, local, state and national. I dont' care much for the term "Autumn years"..but, I do deeply care about the future of younger generations and the challenges they face.
*As you say..our personalities are different..so I dislike intense-repetitious discussions, all the time. Not to worry, I will get back into discussions, when I feel like it!

See DUT, it's not my fault..maybe you should post a note "Do not bother Maria in my threads" Very Happy!

*Saamiyar, I deleted my post..like Sara, DUT is my thozhar, did not know how he will take it:) It's all good!
If anyone is moody with me..it's Max..one min he talks about my heart..one min..he is saying something else! And you say women are complicated and insensitive species..Some men are too, very:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Maria S wrote:Like Sara, DUT

goodbye, cruel world *sound of a single shot reverberated in a suburban house in a non university town of not insignificant size in texas*

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Maria S wrote:Like Sara, DUT

goodbye, cruel world *sound of a single shot reverberated in a suburban house in a non university town of not insignificant size in texas*

Hey, I meant...well, no competition whatsoever, there is plenty of love to share:) Don't you even say that for fun Sad ..I want all my friends to be healthy, happy..forever.

Speaking of Texas and shooting..(seriously), this is breaking news:

http://www.cnn.com/

Last edited by Maria S on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:48 pm

One more week, one more shooting.

I am beginning to suspect bicoastal liberal conspiracy in all this. They are trying to keep the focus on gun issues by not ignoring these routine mass shootings. May be the liberals are actually doing the killing also. See, it is well known that mass shooters are crazy people. It is also well known that it is crazy to take guns away from people: guns don't kill people, people do. And bicoastal liberals wants to take guns away from people, so they must be crazy. See where I am going with this? Liberals crazy, crazies killing people, so liberals killing people. I have to call in and tell Rush about all this.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm

breaking news in egypt: one thousand flowers are blooming in the desert. the flowers of democracy:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/13/world/meast/egypt-political-analysis/

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:breaking news in egypt: one thousand flowers are blooming in the desert. the flowers of democracy:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/13/world/meast/egypt-political-analysis/
The army usurped greater power days before the elections, and that's now been annulled. So yes, democracy is taking a small step forward with this move. The challenge now is to restore parliament -- which the military unilaterally dissolved -- so it can act as a check on presidential powers.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down