Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamacara VS medicare

2 posters

Go down

Obamacara VS medicare Empty Obamacara VS medicare

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:44 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/08/16/fact-checking-the-obama-campaigns-defense-of-its-716-billion-cut-to-medicare/

Well, however you see it, one thing is clear. the elderly and disabled are going to suffer. Taxpayer run elderly clinics are going to either sell out to private or close down because of the impending medicare changes and more families are going to be forced to take care of their elderly, however "financial hurt" they themselves are.

Of course, term 2, Mr Barack magic obama is going to fix all this! He seems to be hitting hard on defending the $ 716 billion cut vehemently.

So recession, increasing unemployment numbers, sky rocketing unemployment insurance claims can all wait, right?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Obamacara VS medicare Empty Re: Obamacara VS medicare

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 am

Dear I,

From what I have seen- Medicare System has been functioning quite well- under all Presidents (far less problems- across the board- in the upper, middle and lower classes), compared to almost all other forms of Health Care- Insurance Programs in the US. I have hardly heard any older person who is covered by Medicare go bankrupt..while there are zillions of stories of younger people who have been covered under- even some of the "best Private Insurance" medical plans- with high premiums..are often undercovered- with huge bills, file bankruptcy etc.

While some modifications and enhancements (like the Prescription benefits recently- where Pres. Obama took the money from Medicare, as I understand it) are necessary, as they say "If ain't broke, don't fix it"..

*I would absolutely NOT trust- Insurance Companies/ Privatizing Insurance Plans for the Elderly- who deserve to be covered and treated well..have grave reservations/concerns about any changes. All this scare tactics about Physicians being scared and selling their clinics, hospitals are overblown..*Doctors and Hospitals know- that their bills will be paid/guaranteed now (they may make less- the reimbursements may be less)..but, so what..it's better than unpaid bills- breaking the sytems by the uninsured/under insured now for all of us). In fact many small community clinics/hospitals survive because of Medicare payments, which I said are guaranteed.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down