Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ryan's pick - what is your verdict?

5 posters

Go down

ryan's pick - what is your verdict? Empty ryan's pick - what is your verdict?

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 am

Now that we have a full week plus, what is your opinion on the pick after some cool thinking?

From romeney's pov
ryan brought wis in electoral college play.
medicare and budget replaced taxes and bain capital in discussion.
ryan could help move the needle from 47% to 50%.
gallup polls say romney leading 47 to 45 over obama according to drudge report.

What is obama pov? Are they concerned? Are they scared? Are they changing strategy? Are they changing vp?

Not a bad week for romney!

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

ryan's pick - what is your verdict? Empty Re: ryan's pick - what is your verdict?

Post by Maria S Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Not sure about a 'final verdict'- Let me share my cool thinking (TBT style!):

On the +ve side:

He is still hot (!)..esp. with his mother by his side in Florida looked rather cute, I like mama's boys:) As someone said any time you bring your mama or talk about other mamas..it's def. game on!

He has brought energy and rejuvenated the Republican base!

On the -ve side:

Seriously don't like his positions on Women's issues.

I don't know what you call this..I call it hypocrisy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/paul-ryan-bush-stimulus_n_1803761.html

In a strange way- he makes Romney looks less attractive (I don't mean just in physical appearance..he makes Romney look weaker).

He has also energized the core Democrat voters.

The Presidential election politics is certainly more interesting, since his introduction/inclusion.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

ryan's pick - what is your verdict? Empty Re: ryan's pick - what is your verdict?

Post by Idéfix Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Maria S wrote:
I don't know what you call this..I call it hypocrisy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/paul-ryan-bush-stimulus_n_1803761.html
Hahaha. Ryan is neither a deficit hawk nor a fiscal conservative. He took on both positions when the president was a Democrat, and keeping the economy from recovering was politically useful for the GOP. For McConnell, Ryan and others in the party, it was more important to deny Obama a second term, than it was to create jobs and speed the recovery. That is why they suddenly transformed themselves into anti-stimulus, debt-conscious conservatives. Ryan voted for most of the big picture items that swelled the deficits in the last decade.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 pm

One thing that puzzles me is why are dems not attacking repub as obstructionist and were bent on killing jobs. They got quotes like senate minority leaders to back it up. They should aim it towards unemployed angry white man.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 pm

truthbetold wrote:One thing that puzzles me is why are dems not attacking repub as obstructionist and were bent on killing jobs. They got quotes like senate minority leaders to back it up. They should aim it towards unemployed angry white man.
Yes, that is an angle that is yet to be pursued. They have to show the McConnell and Ryan quotes in ads to expose their hypocrisy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:48 pm

truthbetold wrote:Now that we have a full week plus, what is your opinion on the pick after some cool thinking?

From romeney's pov
ryan brought wis in electoral college play.
medicare and budget replaced taxes and bain capital in discussion.
ryan could help move the needle from 47% to 50%.
gallup polls say romney leading 47 to 45 over obama according to drudge report.

What is obama pov? Are they concerned? Are they scared? Are they changing strategy? Are they changing vp?

Not a bad week for romney!

Didn't we see similar stuff happen after picking Palin in '08, Let's see this sustains over a long period.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 am

Maureen has an interesting take on Paul..as she usually does on everyone!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/opinion/sunday/dowd-beware-a-beautiful-calm.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

Excerpts:

The Jesuits were even more tart, with one group writing to Ryan that “Your budget appears to reflect the values of your favorite philosopher, Ayn Rand, rather than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”

The nuns-on-the-bus also rapped the knuckles of the former altar boy who now takes his three kids to Mass. As Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of the Catholic social justice group Network, told MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell, it’s sad that a Catholic doesn’t understand that “we need to have each other’s backs. Only wealthy people can ever begin to pretend that they can live in a gated community all by themselves.”

Even Ryan’s former parish priest in Janesville weighed in. Father Stephen Umhoefer told the Center for Media and Democracy, “You can’t tell somebody that in 10 years your economic situation is going to be just wonderful because meanwhile your kids may starve to death.”
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 am

Yes. He is the Son of the morning.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down