Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only fools think caste will become extinct

2 posters

Go down

Only fools think caste will become extinct Empty Only fools think caste will become extinct

Post by sambarvada Sun May 22, 2011 8:21 pm

From 2007 until Raja’s exit from the Cabinet, Rajathiamma became a big power centre in Chennai. One senior IAS officer, during the course of my reporting of Karunanidhi, told me how he was ‘summoned’ by Rajathiamma to her home to ask him to give a particular contract to a businessman from the Nadar community.

Scenes from a divided courtroom

On Saturday, in the courtroom, behind Kanimozhi are six men, large and thickset, standing guard over mother and daughter. They are Nadar men from Thoothukudi, southern Tamil Nadu. Rajathiamma trusts only her community now.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/how-kanimozhi-got-here-13566.html?utm_source=ibnlive.com&utm_medium=RHS-Widget

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Only fools think caste will become extinct Empty Re: Only fools think caste will become extinct

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 22, 2011 9:12 pm

As I have always maintained, the caste factor is rampant in business dealings, contracts, commissions, supplies etc....

It is not just in India or among hindus - but everywhere in every community in any part of the world.

Me, my family, my neighbors, my people, my country...then comes my world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down