Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitty's wisdom

+2
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

Mitty's wisdom Empty Mitty's wisdom

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

"Sometimes you just have to let the child touch the stove"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Mitty's wisdom Empty Re: Mitty's wisdom

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 am

That was some empty (chair) wisdom letting one of my Hollywood favs a stoic gentleman (in my eyes until last night!) implode - from good > bad> ugly self-psychological therapy in front of the world..turn into "Dirty Clint".. disrespectful! So funny and so sad!

As for the acceptance speech..a few parts of the speech was well-written,
Mr. Romney was being Mr. Romney and tried to deliver it (actually liked some of the personal stories told by people he helped)..but, his "moment"- was overshadowed..by Eastwooding.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 am

i'll turn water into wine, complete hercules's 12 labors the first day i am in office, pass a full sized elephant through the eye of a needle, and succeed at alchemy. i am superman. vote for me in november.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'll turn water into wine, complete hercules's 12 labors the first day i am in office, pass a full sized elephant through the eye of a needle, and succeed at alchemy. i am superman. vote for me in november.

Aren't you talking about the messiah who could part the Red Sea back in 2008?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 am

Snoopy and Il Professore should get a room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 am

blabberwock wrote:Snoopy and Il Professore should get a room.

Why Lucy! Are you setting me up on a blind date?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 am

Maria S wrote:

So funny and so sad!

Awww! The poor sensitive liberal feelings are hurt!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:57 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Maria S wrote:

So funny and so sad!

Believe it or not..it was my Clint Eastwood fan feelings that were hurt the most:)

You'all can check my posts.. have always said that he was handsome and liked his stoic/dignified personality (obviously he is old"er" now)..like his movies, esp- "non-action" movies like Play Misty for me and Bridges of Madison County and it must be very obvious that I can't stand crossing the line with anyone being disrespectful, and not just to the President of the USA (liberal or conservative!)

But, this is too easy..hard not to smile..think Mrs. Romney's reaction was the best this morning..she was trying to be polite and classy trying to hide how she really felt..and used words like "unique" guy and what he did was a "unique thing"..been there and done that when someone messes up:)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scott/eastwooding
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am

Maria S wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Maria S wrote:

So funny and so sad!

Believe it or not..it was my Clint Eastwood fan feelings that were hurt the most:)

You'all can check my posts.. have always said that he was handsome and liked his stoic/dignified personality (obviously he is old"er" now)..like his movies, esp- "non-action" movies like Play Misty for me and Bridges of Madison County and it must be very obvious that I can't stand crossing the line with anyone being disrespectful, and not just to the President of the USA (liberal or conservative!)

But, this is too easy..hard not to smile..think Mrs. Romney's reaction was the best this morning..she was trying to be polite and classy trying to hide how she really felt..and used words like "unique" guy and what he did was a "unique thing"..been there and done that when someone messes up:)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scott/eastwooding

In the words of Alex Castellanos " He made it socially acceptable to be able to laugh at Barack Obama."
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 am

Hellsangel wrote:

In the words of Alex Castellanos " He made it socially acceptable to be able to laugh at Barack Obama."

except someone else has been doing it for a lot longer while being a lot funnier.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'll turn water into wine, complete hercules's 12 labors the first day i am in office, pass a full sized elephant through the eye of a needle, and succeed at alchemy. i am superman. vote for me in november.

sounds very similar to a certain presidential candidate last time around. That tiem it was packaged under "hope" category.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:16 pm

artood2 wrote:

sounds very similar to a certain presidential candidate last time around. That tiem it was packaged under "hope" category.

its ok as long as the fluff comes from the liberal wand. all is fair in douchebaggery. Pointed out aptly by the american public.

The lowest unemployment number during Obama's first term was on his FIRST day in office. IT's been worse every day since. And that's after the largest stimulus programs in history, in any country, ever.

Obamacare and Dodd-Frank are pathetic achievements, as attested by the fact that market value of the industries affected by these legislative packages actually rose on the days they passed!

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/42989

dude, we got what we deserved. a delusional leader. and we are going to re elect him. God bless America, indeedio.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
artood2 wrote:

its ok as long as the fluff comes from the liberal wand. all is fair in douchebaggery. Pointed out aptly by the american public.

The lowest unemployment number during Obama's first term was on his FIRST day in office. IT's been worse every day since. And that's after the largest stimulus programs in history, in any country, ever.

Obamacare and Dodd-Frank are pathetic achievements, as attested by the fact that market value of the industries affected by these legislative packages actually rose on the days they passed!

dude, we got what we deserved. a delusional leader. and we are going to re elect him. God bless America, indeedio.

Ya, how much could Obama, the messiah who sold hope and promised that 'help is on the way' could deliver what he promised before the elections except for getting obsessed about his stupid health care plan? He's a huge disappointment! I hate to vote for him the second time around. But, I don't like the mormon missionary either. vot2do? Don't know who to vote for. Tough situation!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Maria S wrote: I can't stand crossing the line with anyone being disrespectful, and not just to the President of the USA (liberal or conservative!)

I am trying to recall when you said something about things said about GWB by Hollywood lefties. I recall someone saying that s/he was ashamed that GWB was the POTUS.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
artood2 wrote:

when are you launching your political party?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down