Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US consulate attacks...

+4
Hellsangel
Idéfix
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

US consulate attacks... Empty US consulate attacks...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:02 am

..Clearly, there appears to be a plan and organization behind this. Libya, Egypt, Yemen,...this is likely to spread even further. The local opposition using this as an excuse to protest their local governments is also likely. Whether the US will support such attempts remains to be seen.

Wonder how long before the the 5th column in India start trouble in Kashmir, Bombay, Hubli, Hyderabad Lucknow on THIS issue in support of their Ummah.

Tomorrow is Friday - the iSlamic Terror Day.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

US consulate attacks... Empty Re: US consulate attacks...

Post by Maria S Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

But..can't help, but be moved by this..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/19-more-photos-of-libyans-apologizing-for-american

*No matter what the relationships have been in the past..I like Pres. Obama's "balanced" and very practical approach..the time has really come for US to deal with most countries as "transactional relationships"..they should never take US support for granted..and we have to admit that we really deal with each country individually and not with a "blanket foreign policy"..

I like the way he was blunt and honest and said "Egypt is not an ally or an enemy"..that speaks volumes. One has to respect any democratically elected Govt, even it is Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas (seen as enemies of US), but, give them a chance to see how they deal with the US now apart from perceptions- in the new "Legitimate Governing role"..and not as an opposition party/group.One can say a lot of things about human beings..but, in a "Governing role"..not too many people are stupid..they know what works..

Even when it comes to personal relationships 95% of the time..it's transactional relationships..only that 5% have unconditional loveSmile Compassion can be 100%, but people should not take advantage of that- and everything else has to be mutual!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Maria S wrote:But..can't help, but be moved by this..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/19-more-photos-of-libyans-apologizing-for-american

*No matter what the relationships have been in the past..I like Pres. Obama's "balanced" and very practical approach..the time has really come for US to deal with most countries as "transactional relationships"..they should never take US support for granted..and we have to admit that we really deal with each country individually and not with a "blanket foreign policy"..

I like the way he was blunt and honest and said "Egypt is not an ally or an enemy"..that speaks volumes. One has to respect any democratically elected Govt, even it is Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas (seen as enemies of US), but, give them a chance to see how they deal with the US now apart from perceptions- in the new "Legitimate Governing role"..and not as an opposition party/group.One can say a lot of things about human beings..but, in a "Governing role"..not too many people are stupid..they know what works..

Even when it comes to personal relationships 95% of the time..it's transactional relationships..only that 5% have unconditional loveSmile Compassion can be 100%, but people should not take advantage of that- and everything else has to be mutual!

He is also in an election. To make matters worse, he cannot send troops out or take an aggressive position for fear of losing whatever leverage is left in Iraq and Afghanistan. With Israel-Iran conflict always in the shadows, he cannot be too aggressive.

Of course, Romney and the Reps will start their accusations of "Obama's soft pedaling" in another 2 weeks after the mourning period for the Ambassador ends.

I see bombs dropping somewhere in the middle east before the end of October.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I suspect Obama will order drone attacks to take out whoever killed the ambassador. He already has ships off the Libyan coast.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:49 pm

if it was 'planned', then is it valid to question CIA's intelligence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

He is also in an election. To make matters worse, he cannot send troops out or take an aggressive position for fear of losing whatever leverage is left in Iraq and Afghanistan. With Israel-Iran conflict always in the shadows, he cannot be too aggressive.

Of course, Romney and the Reps will start their accusations of "Obama's soft pedaling" in another 2 weeks after the mourning period for the Ambassador ends.

I see bombs dropping somewhere in the middle east before the end of October.

Saamiyar, your intuition about bombs dropping somewhere in the Middle East is very likely!
The warships, drones, special forces are all on their way (of course, none of them have a "specific mission" Wink !

http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-2-warships-moving-toward-libya-003744518.html

And like any shrewd politician, Mr. Obama is going to try to take advantage. My admiration aside, am certainly not naive about that! It will be interesting to watch the debates.

*Did not know Mr. Romney and Mr. Netyanyahu have known each other as personal friends since the 1970s!
Interesting..

Israel's Opposition leader Mofaz says PM 'meddling' in US vote

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/israels-mofaz-says-pm-meddling-us-vote-112739829.html

Politics:)

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Maria S wrote:*Did not know Mr. Romney and Mr. Netyanyahu have known each other as personal friends since the 1970s!
Interesting..
They were colleagues at Bain. The US-Israel dynamic this fall is made more interesting by this friendship between the Israeli leader and the American challenger.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm

panini press wrote:
They were colleagues at Bain. The US-Israel dynamic this fall is made more interesting by this friendship between the Israeli leader and the American challenger.

I did not know that they knew each other for such a long time, until someone mentioned it in one of the news shows yesterday.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:if it was 'planned', then is it valid to question CIA's intelligence?
It is always valid to question CIA's intelligence. After all, they proved that Iraq had WMDs before the invasion.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Maria S wrote:
panini press wrote:

I did not know that they knew each other for such a long time, until someone mentioned it in one of the news shows yesterday.

...here... more about Mitty-Bibi long-term connection.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:35 pm

So I was wrong... they were colleagues at BCG, not Bain.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:41 pm

The (MS)media lashes out at Romney
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Shoot first, aim later, and blame the media.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:48 pm

I wonder why Republicans are joining the mainstream media in their critique of Romney's shoot-first-aim-later approach.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ad-lib/2012/sep/13/what-republicans-are-saying-about-romneys-criticis/

PS: This is from a conversative media outlet.

---

Peggy Noonan, a former speech writer for President Ronald Reagan and a Wall Street Journal columnist, said on Fox News: "I don't feel that Mr. Romney has been doing himself any favors in the past few hours. When you step forward in the midst of a political environment and start giving statements on something dramatic and violent that has happened, you're always leaving yourself open to accusations that you are trying to exploit things politically.

“Sometimes when really bad things happen, when hot things happen, cool words or no words is the way to go.” Strong words from a woman known as a strong Romney supporter.

Mark Salter, a longtime aide to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), criticized Romney’s rush to condemn” Obama “as tortured in its reasoning as it is unseemly in its timing.”

Former New Hampshire senator John E. Sununu said, "They [Romney campaign] probably should have waited. You look at the way things unfolded, you look at the timing of it, they probably should have waited.”

John Ullyot, a Republican strategist, compared the Romney remarks to a self-inflicted wound: “It’s developed into another distraction that has put foreign policy — not a strong suit for the G.O.P. ticket this time — front and center in an uncomfortable way in a campaign that is becoming less and less about the administration’s job record.”

Richard Armitage, former deputy Secretary of State under Republican President George W. Bush, said that Romney “will find out that first reports from the battlefield are always incorrect. This should be his mantra, so he can speak in a deliberate manner, and not have to repent at his leisure later.”

Former Congressman (R-Fla.) Joe Scarborough on his early morning talk show, “Morning Joe," said that he thought Romney had made a terrible political blunder with his ill-timed remarks. “Not today,” Scarborough had tweeted.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm

What did McCain say?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm

A political press without perspective.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Basically McCain chickened out:

The failed 2008 presidential candidate also passed on criticizing or defending 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney, whose attacks on Obama in the wake of embassy riots in Egypt and Libya have been called inappropriate and inaccurate. Four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, died in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, shortly after a riot there. “In the heat of the battle, you get all kinds of advice, you get all kinds of second-guessing,” McCain said. “I’m not prepared to do that.” Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81157.html#ixzz26NIquWhH

First rule, no one should say anything while the dead are yet to be buried. Romney (and his intellectual BCG experience) should have known that.

Secondly, on foreign policy - in this kind of situation - when scores of american lives are at stake at various consulates and embassies in the Crazy iSlamic world, the country needs to stand behind the president and speak in one voice. Romney should know that.

Personal gains and political mileage are always derived from such situations - but they need to wait. These are not tax deductible. Mitty should learn that.

For other intelligent, political advise, he can email me....(rather than call Bibi).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:06 am

I am reading in Facebook from eye witnesses about the protests and stone throwing- attacks on the US Consulate in Chennai for the past few hours..looks like the Police in riot gear have moved in and completely blocked the roads in that area (for those who know that area..it's easy to see how diverting all the traffic can be quite disruptive)..but has to be done..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/US-consulate-targeted-in-Chennai-over-anti-Prophet-Muhammad-film/articleshow/16397437.cms

Looks like mission accomplished for the sick folks/criminals who deliberately provoke (those who make grotesque and inflammatory films) these kinds of reactions- and hide like cowards.

I am sure people from other faiths/no faith will also take advantage of these situations to criticize "ignorant" Muslims ..nothing new in that regard either!

*As I said..Muslim Brotherhood will have to try do their best they can to protect the Embassy in the "Governing role" now..no different from what Jayalalitha or others have to do globally..to minimize the damage.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:45 am

Maria S wrote:I am reading in Facebook from eye witnesses about the protests and stone throwing- attacks on the US Consulate in Chennai for the past few hours..looks like the Police in riot gear have moved in and completely blocked the roads in that area (for those who know that area..it's easy to see how diverting all the traffic can be quite disruptive)..but has to be done..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/US-consulate-targeted-in-Chennai-over-anti-Prophet-Muhammad-film/articleshow/16397437.cms

Looks like mission accomplished for the sick folks/criminals who deliberately provoke (those who make grotesque and inflammatory films) these kinds of reactions- and hide like cowards.

I am sure people from other faiths/no faith will also take advantage of these situations to criticize "ignorant" Muslims ..nothing new in that regard either!

*As I said..Muslim Brotherhood will have to try do their best they can to protect the Embassy in the "Governing role" now..no different from what Jayalalitha or others have to do globally..to minimize the damage.

Poor Muslims...always victimized by ewwerybody, first it was the crusades, then colonial superpowers, then Israel, then Indian Hindus, then the great Satan, then Russians, then Buddhist idolatry in Afghanistan, then those nasty Danish cartoonists, and now an obscure YouTube video that has done grievous harm to their psyche..the west should pay them reparations for 1400 years of injustice and implement honorary sharia in their respective countries to make up for this long string of outrages.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:21 am

As I said very predictable, dear friend:)
Hurray for hiding under freedom of speech!

Seriously, to me..it's more than unnecessarily hurting the sentiments/psyche of anyone- friends who have different faiths..there are always trouble makers and exploiters of situations- who make it worse for "all of us".

Nothing wrong in finding other ways/outlets- to share one's "exploding creativity"..but, it is what it is!
I can't stand it or support it, if a friend does this to me..will never see them the same way again..and I am sure, it will be same with others too, if I unnecessarily hurt their feelings..they may not physically attack me, but am sure it will be painful for them.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 am

I agree with Mr. Romney on this part:

"Romney said he had no plans to see the video, "Innocence of Muslims." "I think it’s dispiriting sometimes to see some of the awful things people say. And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it," he said. "Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do."

Romney went on, "They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/14/mitt-romney-innocence-of-muslims-video_n_1883523.html

Last edited by Maria S on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 am

I know the video in question is intended to provoke, but most of the blame for all this violence should go to the violent protesters, not to the makers of that video. Most reasonable people don't throw stones at the consulate of any country where a random crazy person insults their religion. Only crazy people go to the length of throwing stones at consulates for something like this.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

Maria S wrote:As I said very predictable, dear friend:)
Hurray for hiding under freedom of speech!

Seriously, to me..it's more than unnecessarily hurting the sentiments/psyche of anyone- friends who have different faiths..there are always trouble makers and exploiters of situations- who make it worse for "all of us".

Nothing wrong in finding other ways/outlets- to share one's "exploding creativity"..but, it is what it is!
I can't stand it or support it, if a friend does this to me..will never see them the same way again..and I am sure, it will be same with others too..they may not physically attack me, but am sure it will be painful for them.

we should have a round table conference where religious nuts of all denominations submit their pet peeves. then the copy of that meeting should be published to all people so their expressions of creativity do not cross limits. obama can then use american military power to enforce those rules globally. punishment will be facesitting by jayalalitha and giving bath to mamta banarjee. It's something we all can agree upon.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:56 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
we should have a round table conference where religious nuts of all denominations submit their pet peeves. then the copy of that meeting should be published to all people so their expressions of creativity do not cross limits. obama can then use american military power to enforce those rules globally. punishment will be facesitting by jayalalitha and giving bath to mamta banarjee. It's something we all can agree upon.

I see great potential here, and nominate our friend DUT to be the next United Nations Secy. General!Smile
And he may even let all the members watch French films..before he can share other great ideas!

If only everyone was sane..and we lived in an ideal world!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 am

panini press wrote:I know the video in question is intended to provoke, but most of the blame for all this violence should go to the violent protesters, not to the makers of that video. Most reasonable people don't throw stones at the consulate of any country where a random crazy person insults their religion. Only crazy people go to the length of throwing stones at consulates for something like this.

So, are you saying that all muslims are crazy, since this is a "mass movement" egged on by govt officials, religious leaders, media and others in the Ummah?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am

The violence in question has been perpetrated by a few hundred people in each city. Each of these cities has a Muslim population in the hundreds of thousands or millions. So you figure out who is crazy. (Hint: a mirror may be useful.)
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:38 am

panini press wrote:The violence in question has been perpetrated by a few hundred people in each city. Each of these cities has a Muslim population in the hundreds of thousands or millions. So you figure out who is crazy. (Hint: a mirror may be useful.)

Ah.... when a few (not even hundred people go on a beating spree in Mangalore, Bangalore, and bombay, all hindu organizations, Bajrangis, RSS ALL are crazy and other obsevers are famantic and same as Jehadi muslims.

But, a FEW hundred do that in several countries across the globe in tandem with active support of Government officials - who were elected by all muslims - then it is still only a FEW misguided muslims...Ahhhhhhh...

plis to form an alliance with the Maulana and the Jehadi and look at a large life-size mirror.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

panini press wrote:The violence in question has been perpetrated by a few hundred people in each city. Each of these cities has a Muslim population in the hundreds of thousands or millions. So you figure out who is crazy. (Hint: a mirror may be useful.)

Ah.... when a few (not even hundred people go on a beating spree in Mangalore, Bangalore, and bombay, all hindu organizations, Bajrangis, RSS ALL are crazy and other obsevers are famantic and same as Jehadi muslims.

But, a FEW hundred do that in several countries across the globe in tandem with active support of Government officials - who were elected by all muslims - then it is still only a FEW misguided muslims...Ahhhhhhh...

plis to form an alliance with the Maulana and the Jehadi and look at a large life-size mirror.

shhh.....bicoastal liberals must not be held responsible for inconsistent positions during election year. they will return to fair and balanced soundbytes from 2013-2015.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:26 pm

A few hundred misguided Muslims protest in Madras...

...A few 100 MORE misguided people protest in Kashmir... (Everyone should learn from the pieceful Mullah:
Meanwhile, the Imams (priests) during sermons in the mosques appealed
to people not to indulge in vandalism of public property while they
protest against the blasphemy.

"It is our right to protest against this heinous act aimed at
hurting the sentiments of the Muslims. However, we should not indulge in
vandalism as we will causing harm to our own property. We shall remain
peaceful," said a priest at a mosque in Lal Chowk area.)
Reports report that reportedly a few hundred misguided Muslims also protested in Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, Bundelkhand, Timbaktu, and other Ummah cities and countries...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Ah.... when a few (not even hundred people go on a beating spree in Mangalore, Bangalore, and bombay, all hindu organizations, Bajrangis, RSS ALL are crazy and other obsevers are famantic and same as Jehadi muslims.
Not at all. That's just your persecution complex acting up.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:24 pm

"It is our right to protest against this heinous act aimed at
hurting the sentiments of the Muslims. However, we should not indulge in
vandalism as we will causing harm to our own property. We shall remain
peaceful," said a priest at a mosque in Lal Chowk area.)
That is a noble sentiment. I hope they manage to stick to that, and prevent the crazy people from taking over as happened in other places.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Now that they know that an Egyptian Coptic Christian was responsible for the "movie", Muslim Brotherhood and Coptics should play the "Roman Gladiator" game in Tahrir square.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:18 pm

.... A few hundred misguided muslims (out of a total of a few hundred muslims) protest the injustice to Islam...in Australia....

The only thing that can make the well informed muslims in a free and liberal Australia not to see the shallowness of the youtube is...is...is...

Their religion Islam and their holy book Koran.

(Maulana Merlot is the most knowledgeable about these terrorists and will give his expert opinion/views).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

It seems that the dead ambassador used to pimp big time for the very people who killed him---

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/09/christopher-stevens-devoured-by-a-monster-he-helped-create.html

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 pm

ashdoc wrote:It seems that the dead ambassador used to pimp big time for the very people who killed him---

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/09/christopher-stevens-devoured-by-a-monster-he-helped-create.html

There is a "deragatory" saying in TN (usual statement of DKHeads): "If you see a Paambu (snake) and a Paappaan (a Brahmin), then first kill the Brahmin."

Perhaps a more apt statement may be "If you see a Serial killer/rapist and a Musalman, then take care of the Musalman first" bcz he is a potential serial killer/rapist and it is important to deal with the problem before it becomes a problem.

Perhaps, all countries should implement Sharia (criminal) laws for Muslims.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:24 am

ashdoc wrote:It seems that the dead ambassador used to pimp big time for the very people who killed him---

There is a "deragatory" saying in TN (usual statement of DKHeads): "If you see a Paambu (snake) and a Paappaan (a Brahmin), then first kill the Brahmin."

Perhaps a more apt statement may be "If you see a Serial killer/rapist and a Musalman, then take care of the Musalman first" bcz he is a potential serial killer/rapist and it is important to deal with the problem before it becomes a problem.

Perhaps, all countries should implement Sharia (criminal) laws for Muslims.

is this in quotes because it is not derogatory and you approve of it & extend it to others..good going sAmiyAnandA US consulate attacks... 459784477

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down