Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

us senate race in CT

4 posters

Go down

us senate race in CT Empty us senate race in CT

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 pm

It is highly probable that republicans will pick a senate seat in CT (vacated by liberman). Linda mcman, who made money of professional(fake) wrestling is the republican candidate. She lost in two statewide election but got strong name recognition. She got lot of sympathy vote now and is doing well among women. The democrat chris murphy, a us congressman, is totally out of picture. No effort on his part. Clearly dems are going to lose this race by inaction. Polls show linda leading byn3 ton7 points.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

us senate race in CT Empty Re: us senate race in CT

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:04 pm

and scott brown is slated to lose MA.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm

I read that warren got a boost after convention speech. It may still be a close race. However if obama opens a gap in presidential poll he could some of these weak candidates. But even he would be unable to help an inactive candidate like chris murphy.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:I read that warren got a boost after convention speech. It may still be a close race. However if obama opens a gap in presidential poll he could some of these weak candidates. But even he would be unable to help an inactive candidate like chris murphy.

i know lots of people around here who voted for scott brown but have changed their mind despite still liking him. the reason is that they don't want to give the republicans majority in the senate.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:48 pm

It would be a great history lesson if more americans get mad at those house republican extrimists and send them home. It will be an end to tea party and even karl rove brand of nasty politics. Not likely but it would be nice if it happens.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Nate Silver predicts that on the whole, the Dems have 70% probability of retaining control of the Senate. The House majority is not in play any more, so I hope the Dems do retain control of the Senate.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm

While house majority is not in play , a reduced majority would give repub leaders a cause for concern. Below 230 is good.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Yes, the best case scenario would be a 10-15 net pickup in the House for Democrats, which will reduce the hold of the extreme Tea Party wing on the GOP caucus.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:I read that warren got a boost after convention speech. It may still be a close race. However if obama opens a gap in presidential poll he could some of these weak candidates. But even he would be unable to help an inactive candidate like chris murphy.

i know lots of people around here who voted for scott brown but have changed their mind despite still liking him. the reason is that they don't want to give the republicans majority in the senate.

Really, that would not be good. Scott brown is a potential presidential candidate for Republicans in the future. Hope he wins.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down