Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady gaga

+4
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
Propagandhi711
8 posters

Go down

Lady gaga Empty Lady gaga

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am

Ugh@this fatass....when did she bloat into this pig? My appetite ruined for rest of the day

Lady gaga Lady-gaga-fat-ass

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Lady gaga Empty Re: Lady gaga

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 pm

It's the carbs
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:53 pm

so catty, those reporters. so what if she gained weight, she didn't lose her talent, did she?

signed

-protestor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Of course *you* would protest.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:so catty, those reporters. so what if she gained weight, she didn't lose her talent, did she?

signed

-protestor

I don't know about her "hidden" talents, but certainly her "singing" talent is still on.

Now srsly...is she posing for some "liposuction clinic?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 pm

What talent? is a novelty act entertainer wearing strange transgender hooker clothes...without looks she is another snookie. Talent my ass

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:What talent? is a novelty act entertainer wearing strange transgender hooker clothes...without looks she is another snookie. Talent my ass

Looks are a necessary condition these days - entertainment, business, finance, politics...that goes without saying..

But, I always thought Lady Gaga was one ugly female...I would not rate her higher than a C-

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 am

I look at Lady Gaga..like I look at all superstar artists/people..and while they may not appeal to me..try to find what is so appealing about them and can very easily come up with one or two reasons..in this case, I am still looking!

However, increasing awareness about Eating disorders ("A Body Revolution") seems like a good cause..may be she can so something positive and help lots of women who are under enormous pressure and struggle with weight-related issues.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 am

Maria S wrote:try to find what is so appealing about them ...

why do you torture yourself so? i find nothing even remotely appealing about lady kAkkA's music.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:44 am

i like lady gaga... what's funny is that even my kids laugh at me about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:i like lady gaga... what's funny is that even my kids laugh at me about it.

Obviously, zillions agree with you!

In matters of admiration and affection, things we don't understand..we simply accept:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 am

oh come on M akka, there is nothing remotely artistic about lady gaga. her voice has no depth and her singing has no character. those are two most important attributes of a singer. she is sorta like britney spears, just scarier. The sad thing is that she is not even an engaging performer like carrie underwood! she thrives on shocking people. that is it.

When there are several zillion viewers watching crapsters like big brother and the scary snooki show, there will be a zillion watching gaga.

when there are people like norah jones, adele, alicia keys, rihana and some of the hard core country musicians with angelic voices occupying the same space, she will always have the need to shock rather than perform:-)

<p>

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:19 am

anybody can go out there and try to 'shock', how many become lady gaga... anyway, I have a huge respect for hard working people. Her success is a result of a lot of work, and not some freak accident just coz she was rich. She is thinking of her work/image/message all through, she keeps her personal life under strict wraps, and that to me is commendable. I like her cute chemistry with her mother... she's not your regular artist, she does stand out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am

then she should star in a reality show with her mom and inspire people with their chemistry and her life or maybe even write an inspiring personal journal and not try and become a singer with no talent.

a lot of people work hard and it is the norm for humans to respect hard working people. nothing new in what you feel for hard working people.

you can stand out in so many different ways. the key is to find your strength.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:30 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:anybody can go out there and try to 'shock', how many become lady gaga... anyway, I have a huge respect for hard working people. Her success is a result of a lot of work, and not some freak accident just coz she was rich. She is thinking of her work/image/message all through, she keeps her personal life under strict wraps, and that to me is commendable. I like her cute chemistry with her mother... she's not your regular artist, she does stand out.

more... Britney Spears was a different case. She was a result of a lot of PR work done for her by others. She lacked conviction. LG, otoh does things out of her own conviction. 3 decades ago when Madonna was shocking people, it's not for some runaway success. She was really it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

Impedimenta wrote:then she should star in a reality show with her mom and inspire people with their chemistry and her life or maybe even write an inspiring personal journal and not try and become a singer with no talent.

a lot of people work hard and it is the norm for humans to respect hard working people. nothing new in what you feel for hard working people.

you can stand out in so many different ways. the key is to find your strength.

I am not sure what all u r trying to imply here.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:anybody can go out there and try to 'shock', how many become lady gaga... anyway, I have a huge respect for hard working people. Her success is a result of a lot of work, and not some freak accident just coz she was rich. She is thinking of her work/image/message all through, she keeps her personal life under strict wraps, and that to me is commendable. I like her cute chemistry with her mother... she's not your regular artist, she does stand out.

how about music and musicality? doesn't that figure somewhere in your consideration of musicians to admire? i find kAkA's music utterly trite.

like impedimenta said, there are popular musicians who actually produce great music. listen to norah jones if you want to listen to popular music that tickles your heart and mind. there is something amazingly honest about her music.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

how about music and musicality? doesn't that figure somewhere in your consideration of musicians to admire? i find kAkA's music utterly trite.

like impedimenta said, there are popular musicians who actually produce great music. listen to norah jones if you want to listen to popular music that tickles your heart and mind. there is something amazingly honest about her music.

never made a comment about her singing or music, although I do like her songs, and yeah they do tickle me enough to take notice. Just coz one admires lady gaga, doesn't mean one doesn't appreciate a norah jones. I regularly listen to and post norah jones songs. But lady gaga is a different phenomena worth watching for different reasons. I like her, and you don't. Nothing wrong with either of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am

Impedimenta wrote:oh come on M akka, there is nothing remotely artistic about lady gaga. her voice has no depth and her singing has no character. those are two most important attributes of a singer. she is sorta like britney spears, just scarier. The sad thing is that she is not even an engaging performer like carrie underwood! she thrives on shocking people. that is it.

When there are several zillion viewers watching crapsters like big brother and the scary snooki show, there will be a zillion watching gaga.

when there are people like norah jones, adele, alicia keys, rihana and some of the hard core country musicians with angelic voices occupying the same space, she will always have the need to shock rather than perform:-)

<p>

Oh please I thangai!

Did you read what I said about her talents? I said "I am still looking"Smile
*To be fair, I have hardly watched or listened to Lady Gaga..think I have listened to two songs..was not impressed. May be she is simply likeable, like Tracy said..for whatever reasons.

My take- in regards to the group you mentioned..

*All of them are physically attractive women.

*When it comes to talent:

Rihanna is average

Norah (except for her hit "didn't know why"..and I have listened to many of her songs, is slightly above average)

Alicia is average

*Adele stands out is awesome..has an unique- one-of-a-kind grand voice

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 am

M akka, we can discuss this over lunch:-) i am hungry and waiting for my lunch partner to show up. lady gaga and the others can wait.

Also, it matters very little how the rest of the singers are graded for tastes are unique and differ for people but when it comes to lady gaga, i have issues with her talent as a singer. i don't care what she does or not do outside of that. personally, i am put off by her because she has a bad voice.

BTW, i finally got my DVD from my show. its only been close to four months!!!! will upload and send a link. TTYL.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:58 am

Sure, what's for lunch I? Enjoy!

Will look for the link..do send it when you can.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 pm

All the women singers quoted here are trite...Norah jones...her soothing voice is good to smooth bowel movements so fine toilet music I must agree..if you want strong voices that work well and sometimes over the istryments, try Debbie Harry, Ann Wilson, Joan Jett and the incomparable Chrissie hynde..not to mention any of the r&b greats from 60s and 70s. As for lady hooker, all her music's got is a great electronic drum line that carries her songs...even there if you want to listen to decent electronic music with a nice voice, try Desire's don't call for instance...there are tons of electronic bands several times more creative than that ho...electric youth, kavinsky, chromaticism etc to name a few. If you pride yourself on being a pop culture maven, look beyond what the mainstream feeds you.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=dJqhUbHEpGM

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm

fine. i am hungry.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks DUT for the recommendations!

"Desire's don't call"- got my attention..listening to to it..the opening beat - sequence is very nice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJqhUbHEpGM

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:All the women singers quoted here are trite...Norah jones...her soothing voice is good to smooth bowel movements so fine toilet music I must agree..if you want strong voices that work well and sometimes over the istryments, try Debbie Harry, Ann Wilson, Joan Jett and the incomparable Chrissie hynde..not to mention any of the r&b greats from 60s and 70s. As for lady hooker, all her music's got is a great electronic drum line that carries her songs...even there if you want to listen to decent electronic music with a nice voice, try Desire's don't call for instance...there are tons of electronic bands several times more creative than that ho...electric youth, kavinsky, chromaticism etc to name a few. If you pride yourself on being a pop culture maven, look beyond what the mainstream feeds you.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=dJqhUbHEpGM

good showcase of musical instruments knowledge. for someone like me, if the song/thots/emotions are good, and the voice not jarring, then great music and/or great voice are added bonus. Those are the things you can sense and enjoy even if you don't know how many drums or chords go in making that sound. In fact, for me, too much of instruments is a distraction/noise and a turnoff. Why do they sing in those arrangements anyway, just play and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:03 pm

OK. Have to post this now:

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Hellsangel wrote:OK. Have to post this now...
is she also a lesbian angel?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:OK. Have to post this now...
is she also a lesbian angel?

And the old dog bites with no teeth!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I am supremely bored so I'm commenting here. No offence to OP but Lady Gaga is absolutely irrelevant to my interests, life, existence.

Why would I want to discuss her attributes? Maybe I have regressed into this daal-roti eating desi neanderthal who really doesn't give a shyt about most things any more.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Bittu wrote: Lady Gaga is absolutely irrelevant to my interests, life, existence.

What is of relevance to your interests, life, existence?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:53 pm

The genie is out of the bottle.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content