Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many people will move to Rashman's forum?

+3
garam_kuta
southindian
Hellsangel
7 posters

Go down

How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_lcap47%How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 9 ]
How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_lcap37%How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_lcap11%How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_lcap0%How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_lcap5%How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Empty How many people will move to Rashman's forum?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am

Back to top Go down

How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Empty Re: How many people will move to Rashman's forum?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 am

The forum in question is http://sulekha.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How many people will move to Rashman's forum?  Empty Re: How many people will move to Rashman's forum?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:20 am

pathetic to see Charvaka (who now posts as Panini Press), Tracy Whitney (who now posts as Natalia Romanova) and Hellsangel cast numerous votes in a single poll using their various handles.

Also, in my opinion, 'Heracles' is either Charvaka, Tracy Whitney, or Hellsangel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:27 am

Rashmun wrote:pathetic to see Charvaka (who now posts as Panini Press), Tracy Whitney
(who now posts as Natalia Romanova) and Hellsangel (who now posts as Hellsangel), cast numerous votes
in a single poll using their various handles.

Also, in my opinion, 'Heracles' is either Charvaka, Tracy Whitney, or Hellsangel.

*Fixed*
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 am

Just voted for the first time. Am sure rashu is keeping a live count do he knows what I voted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 am

Natalia Romanova, formerly Trashy... sorry Tracy Whitney wrote:Just voted for the first umpteenth time. Am sure rashu is keeping a live count do he knows what I voted.

*Corrected*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:49 am

How old are you Rashman? Do you always get personal and paranoid like this when you lose an argument?

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 am

Heracles wrote:How old are you Rashman? Do you always get personal and paranoid like this when you lose an argument?

I don't think age matters for maturity. Growing up has always been an option, growing old isn't. Rashman just refused to grow up.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:11 am

southindian wrote:
Heracles wrote:How old are you Rashman? Do you always get personal and paranoid like this when you lose an argument?

I don't think age matters for maturity. Growing up has always been an option, growing old isn't. Rashman just refused to grow up.

i thought u were some new poster. thanks for proving me wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 am

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

thanks for proving me wrong.

That's usual and quite normal here. What's new?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 am

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

i thought u were some new poster.thanks for proving me wrong.

in my opinion it is unethical to create new handles in a forum and then flame posters you do not like on that forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

in my opinion it is unethical to create new handles in a forum and then flame posters you do not like on that forum.

but chat is exempted, na ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

but chat is exempted, na ?

i have never flamed anyone on chat.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Show me the Online Posting Ethics Manual (OPEM), that you have been assembling for 13 years.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 am

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:

Show me the Online Posting Ethics Manual (OPEM), that you have been assembling for 13 years.

This is a convention that was like a code of honor on the Sulekha CH forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:32 am

Alright, a couple of new handles here. Which one of you is me?

PS: I am an undecided voter on this poll, and I will make up my mind based on the debate currently going on.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:39 am

panini press wrote:Alright, a couple of new handles here. Which one of you is me?

PS: I am an undecided voter on this poll, and I will make up my mind based on the debate currently going on.

Sorry we don't believe you. Rashmun says you already voted in multiple avatars.

Rashmun, true to his Prophet - NEVER lies.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 am

How does one prove here that one isn't a multiple handle? I have to prove this to an idiot. Next I will have to prove to him that I am not a BOT but that is for later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Heracles wrote:How does one prove here that one isn't a multiple handle? I have to prove this to an idiot.
Take it from someone who has a lot of experience attempting to do this: you cannot prove anything to an idiot. Bhartrihari said this many centuries ago: you can extract oil from the sand with a lot of effort (boy, was he right!); you can pry out a precious stone from between the crooked teeth of a live crocodile; you can sail through tempests on the seas; you can wear an angry serpent like a garland of flowers around your neck; you can quench your thirst by drinking out of a mirage; you can find a rabbit with horns if you looked around the world. But you cannot prove anything to an idiot.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

panini press wrote:
Heracles wrote:How does one prove here that one isn't a multiple handle? I have to prove this to an idiot.
Take it from someone who has a lot of experience attempting to do this: you cannot prove anything to an idiot. Bhartrihari said this many centuries ago: you can extract oil from the sand with a lot of effort (boy, was he right!); you can pry out a precious stone from between the crooked teeth of a live crocodile; you can sail through tempests on the seas; you can wear an angry serpent like a garland of flowers around your neck; you can quench your thirst by drinking out of a mirage; you can find a rabbit with horns if you looked around the world. But you cannot prove anything to an idiot.

it is obvious to every experienced poster--except to a certified idiot--that a new poster will not suddenly start attacking another poster in a vindictive fashion. it is another old poster, posting under a different handle, who will do so to a poster towards whom he/she harbors animosity . The above post of Charvaka is symptomatic of his persistent attempts at inculcating a sense of cliquishness--inciting other posters to attack a particular poster. This is the natural evolution of a regional chauvinist who believes in regionalism and who had not long ago come to the defense of Kayal Vizhi when i was arguing with Kayal. Kayal, of course, wants the break up of India. Patriotic and Nationalist Indians should introspect on whether they should continue to support a regionalist regional chauvinist. Furthermore, Charvaka should clarify whether he hates hinduism. His unqualified praise for the Charvaka philosophers to the extent that he started calling himself Charvaka (and openly stated that this was done as a tribute to the Charvaka philosophers) implies that he has hatred for hinduism. Does Charvaka agree with the ancient Charvakas when they say:

The three authors of the Vedas were buffoons, knaves, and demons.All the well-known formulae of the pandits, jarphari, turphari, etc.and all the obscene rites for the queen commanded in Aswamedha,these were invented by buffoons, and so all the various kinds of presents to the priests,while the eating of flesh was similarly commanded by night-prowling demons.

Charvaka now needs to come clean on whether he also thinks that the Vedas were composed by 'buffoons, knaves, and demons' as per the thinking of the ancient Charvakas to whom he paid tribute by calling himself Charvaka for several years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:58 pm

[quote="Rashmun"][quote="panini press"]

it is obvious to every experienced poster--except to a certified idiot--that a new poster will not suddenly start attacking another poster in a vindictive fashion.

Huh? I was reading the Saif - Kareena thread https://such.forumotion.com/t8347-saif-kareena-marriage-is-anti-hindu#63054 and found your invitation to your forum therein. I visited your forum and I found that you were the only person posting! Therefore I put it to poll. Do you always act so crazy or only sometimes? also sorry for misspelling your name or handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Heracles wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

it is obvious to every experienced poster--except to a certified idiot--that a new poster will not suddenly start attacking another poster in a vindictive fashion.

Huh? I was reading the Saif - Kareena thread https://such.forumotion.com/t8347-saif-kareena-marriage-is-anti-hindu#63054 and found your invitation to your forum therein. I visited your forum and I found that you were the only person posting! Therefore I put it to poll. Do you always act so crazy or only sometimes?

you are mistaken about the fact that i am the only person in that forum. And a lurker does not suddenly become a crazy and vindictive poster full of anger and hatred. it is the unethical experienced poster who harbors ill-will towards another poster who is liable to change his handle and start flaming the poster he dislikes.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Heracles wrote:How many people will move to Rashman's forum?

Rashmun, Munmun and Chunmun, all identical twins when compared with at least one among the three.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:14 pm

southindian wrote:
Heracles wrote:How many people will move to Rashman's forum?

Rashmun, Munmun and Chunmun, all identical twins when compared with at least one among the three.

i am proud of the fact that i have never stooped to the level of flaming other posters after creating and then using new handle names to do so. in my opinion this kind of behavior is not only unethical, it also smacks of cowardice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 pm

panini press wrote:

Hmm.. Even crocs can't be that stupid. Why would they keep precious stones between their teeth? I bet they spit them out right away! Looks like Bhartrihari lacks prapancha gnyanam. Laughing

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
panini press wrote:

Hmm.. Even crocs can't be that stupid. Why would they keep precious stones between their teeth? I bet they spit them out right away! Looks like Bhartrihari lacks prapancha gnyanam. Laughing

Bhartrihari was also wrong on other counts. For instance, it is not possible to quench your thirst by drinking water of a mirage. When the Nyaya-Vaisesika philosophers say that practice is the criterion of truth one of the examples they give is to make a distinction between real water, representing reality; and illusory water (like water in a mirage) representing illusion or illusory reality. The Nyaya-Vaisesikas say that it is not possible to quench one's thirst or to bathe using illusory water, as in water in a mirage. And this distinguishes real water from illusory water.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Chunmun, what is the definition of truth when you are sitting on the Moon and looking at earth?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:42 pm

southindian wrote:Chunmun, what is the definition of truth when you are sitting on the Moon and looking at earth?

before i answer your question would you care to clarify whether you ever posted as Kattaboman on Sulekha CH?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:Bhartrihari was also wrong on other counts. For instance, it is not possible to quench your thirst by drinking water of a mirage.
That's just a series of exaggerated examples he uses to make a major point. You have the power to prove that major point itself wrong. All you need to do is allow yourself to be persuaded by reason.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:27 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Bhartrihari was also wrong on other counts. For instance, it is not possible to quench your thirst by drinking water of a mirage.
That's just a series of exaggerated examples he uses to make a major point. You have the power to prove that major point itself wrong. All you need to do is allow yourself to be persuaded by reason.

This is not exagerration that Bhartrihari is doing; it is a falsehood. i don't know how you can make a major point by stating a series of falsehoods. Like claiming that it is possible to quench one's thirst by water in a mirage. Or claiming that it is possible to find a rabbit with a horn if one only looks around in the world hard enough. All in all, a poor performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

This is not exagerration that Bhartrihari is doing; it is a falsehood. i don't know how you can make a major point by stating a series of falsehoods. Like claiming that it is possible to quench one's thirst by water in a mirage. Or claiming that it is possible to find a rabbit with a horn if one only looks around in the world hard enough. All in all, a poor performance.
I am sure he appreciates the grade you gave him. He also wrote:

jayanti tE sukRtinau rasasidhdhAh kavISvarAh
nAsti tEshAm yaSahkayE jarAmaraNajam bhayam

PS: This debate helped me make up my mind. I have cast my vote. Good luck with your website, and have a good afternoon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:
southindian wrote:Chunmun, what is the definition of truth when you are sitting on the Moon and looking at earth?

before i answer your question would you care to clarify whether you ever posted as Kattaboman on Sulekha CH?

No, I won't.

Now, what do you think about, what I asked you first.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:04 pm

First off, please remind me again why we need another forum. I am happy with this.

I think the people who have "moved" already will stay there and here. No new folks are going to "move".

There is no poll option reflecting this.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 pm

who wants to be in a forum where the only other member besides the founder is queer bee.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Ok....I confess...

I am the new handle(s): Heracles and Southindian.

Can't we all get along?...Please...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down