Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's official: the silly season is upon us

5 posters

Go down

It's official: the silly season is upon us Empty It's official: the silly season is upon us

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 am

The last week of the campaign is when there is no substance and it's all about trying to pretend that you are going to win a lot more than you really believe you will. Karl Rove claimed Dubya would win California. In the last week of the 2008 campaign, Team McCain claimed that Pennsylvania was their path to victory. It was when PA was called for Obama -- soon after polls closed on election night because there was no real chance of another outcome after all -- that it was clear that Obama was elected president.

This year, since both sides have more money than they can spend, this sort of empty bluster is getting worse. Team Romney is acting like they can win Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania, where they are behind on every poll, and by a few points too. So David Axelrod says: "I will shave off my mustache of 40 years if we lose any of those three states."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/david-axelrod-mustache_n_2048940.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

It's official: the silly season is upon us Empty Re: It's official: the silly season is upon us

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 am

The candidates HAVE to be upbeat and makes statements of their impending victory - otherwise their supporters will lose interest. Also, why would the voters want to go to the polls if one of the candidate himself says he may nor win (even remotely).

So, much of these "we are winning" statements are to ensure that their own supporters to go to the polls.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

It's official: the silly season is upon us Empty Re: It's official: the silly season is upon us

Post by FluteHolder Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 am

In my daughter's school they had voting for 4/5th graders and their verdict is Obama. Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 am

FluteHolder wrote:In my daughter's school they had voting for 4/5th graders and their verdict is Obama. Smile
I guess bicoastal liberals are indoctrinating those kids early. Or, if you want to believe the other side, those kids see the other guy and can tell that he's a bullshitter.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 am

panini press wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:In my daughter's school they had voting for 4/5th graders and their verdict is Obama. Smile
I guess bicoastal liberals are indoctrinating those kids early. Or, if you want to believe the other side, those kids see the other guy and can tell that he's a bullshitter.

I was thinking they would not touch upon Elections so early. It looks like they teach about elections/electoral college etc etc at these grades.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 am

When 4th and 5th graders are asked to vote in a mock election, its called, sneaking-up-on-parents thoughts and discussions without them knowing it.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 am

Oh. I saw the title and opened the thread thinking it had something to do with the rash of posts on Aurangzeb vs Nizam vs Nawab of Arcot.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Oh. I saw the title and opened the thread thinking it had something to do with the rash of posts on Aurangzeb vs Nizam vs Nawab of Arcot.
The good news is, someone is actually looking for those Aurangzeb posts.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Oh. I saw the title and opened the thread thinking it had something to do with the rash of posts on Aurangzeb vs Nizam vs Nawab of Arcot.
you better click on all threads for aurangzeb, nawab and nizam posts. rapid osmosis has taken place in such while i slept. trivia thread, i see, is inundated with aurangzeb.

kahan se udta teer ghus jayega kaun se thread me is such mein koi thikana nahin

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:kahan se udta teer ghus jayega kaun se thread me is such mein koi thikana nahin
lol! Where is this line from?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am

udta teer gand me ghus gaya is a hindi street muhavra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am

Knowing Hoozay, this must be from Gangs of Wasseypur
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 am

ha ha, no.

It's official: the silly season is upon us Teer10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down