Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imitating the other CH - 1

4 posters

Go down

Imitating the other CH - 1 Empty Imitating the other CH - 1

Post by Nila Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Life is like a butterfly but it is short lived!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Imitating the other CH - 1 Empty Re: Imitating the other CH - 1

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Sasthi wrote:Life is like a butterfly but it is short lived!

I will be honest. I do peek into old CH once a day, but I get out of it within 10 seconds. The scene is so confusing. Unless you refresh that page 5 times an hour, you would have no idea what's going on as people reply on a new thread.

It doesn't stop at this. They don't follow the new-thread rule e'time, and end up carrying a thread along. Maybe out of habit, or they hope that the whatever-they-call-him-now is not killing right now, they post on that thread itself. Which again you miss if you are not refreshing sulekha 5 times an hour.

Either way, you have to spend a lot of time to figure out what's going on. Which in itself won't be much, coz looks like all they are doing is posting cheer-you-up messages and what a good place they are in right now.

Never thought there would be a day when I won't open TS or QB's post. Now unless someone summarizes them here, I have no clue what's going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Yep...all those comment 1 2 3....it is not adding up though. But it is bad that someone is still killing threads!

Well, it's nice to see them spirted and cheering themselves with "Good Morning's and Namaste's" (It might sound funny!...but still,)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 am

>> Yep...all those comment 1 2 3....it is not adding up though. But it is bad that someone is still killing threads!

kOzhandhaiye Killarathaiyum Killi vittuttu yaRo killarangaa - nu sonna kadhai.....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 27, 2011 1:31 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:>> Yep...all those comment 1 2 3....it is not adding up though. But it is bad that someone is still killing threads!

kOzhandhaiye Killarathaiyum Killi vittuttu yaRo killarangaa - nu sonna kadhai.....Razz

Translation?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
I will be honest. I do peek into old CH once a day, but I get out of it within 10 seconds. The scene is so confusing. Unless you refresh that page 5 times an hour, you would have no idea what's going on as people reply on a new thread.

It doesn't stop at this. They don't follow the new-thread rule e'time, and end up carrying a thread along. Maybe out of habit, or they hope that the whatever-they-call-him-now is not killing right now, they post on that thread itself. Which again you miss if you are not refreshing sulekha 5 times an hour.

Either way, you have to spend a lot of time to figure out what's going on. Which in itself won't be much, coz looks like all they are doing is posting cheer-you-up messages and what a good place they are in right now.

Never thought there would be a day when I won't open TS or QB's post. Now unless someone summarizes them here, I have no clue what's going on.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Goodness! Posting on Sulekha is so effortless these days.

I don't have to scroll through long discussions with many responses. I have to use special HTML code just to ensure that my post looks properly formatted with paragraphs. No thread can go beyond 3-4 rounds of responses because:

a) Every response has to be posted as a new thread to save it from being deleted and posting new threads for every responses discourages long discussions.

b) Any and every response on any and every thread is killed.

And oh, any person who visits Sulekha after a long day's worth of work cannot just click on one thread to see all the prior discussions. The person has to go and look for the original message and any follow-up responses, each one of them posted as a new thread before getting a gist of the background of what is being discussed.

Goodness! Posting on Sulekha is so fucking effortless!!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 27, 2011 7:17 am

LOL @ goodness!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down