Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja

Go down

Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja Empty Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 am

Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday compared activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal with Bollywood's item girl Rakhi Sawant, saying that they both try and expose but with no substance.

"Arvind Kejriwal levelled all baseless allegations; there was nothing new in it. If he comes with up a new allegation, then we will pay attention to it," he said.

Singh earlier tweeted 'Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant. They both try and expose but with no substance'.

Singh also sought an apology from Rakhi Sawant for making this comparison.

"Apologies to Rakhi Sawant I am an old fan of hers!," he further said in his tweet.

Kejriwal, who parted ways with Anna Hazare, had earlier alleged that the UPA Government-led by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has turned out to be the biggest economic threat to India.

On Saturday, Kejriwal had trained his guns on the Congress and the BJP by terming himself deadlier than dengue.

"I am deadlier than dengue, if I will bite the Congress and the BJP, they would face problems," Kejriwal said here.

Kejriwal has so far targeted Congress President Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra's land deals, the then Law Minister and present External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid of allegedly misusing funds allotted to his NGO, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Nitin Gadkari in the Maharashtra irrigation scam and the Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance group.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_arvind-kejriwal-is-like-rakhi-sawant-and-i-m-an-old-fan-of-hers-digvijay-singh_1763368

Back to top Go down

Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja Empty Re: Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 am

Diggy Raja has clarified it was a student at Columbia University who wrote to him making the comparison between Kejriwal and Rakhi Sawant. He was only making public what the student had said to him.

Back to top Go down

Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja Empty Re: Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant and i am an old fan of hers: Diggy Raja

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Irked over Digvijay Singh’s remark comparing her to Arvind Kejriwal, Bollywood item girl Rakhi Sawant has issued letters to Mumbai police Commissioner and Maharashtra Home Secretary asking them to book the Congress general secretary for “outraging” her modesty.

Claiming to be “deeply aggrieved” by Mr Singh’s comments, Ms Sawant has said she has also asked her lawyer to issue a defamation notice to the Congress leader and seek Rs 50 crore in damages for attacking her “noble character”.

In her letter to the police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, state Home Secretary and senior police inspector of suburban Goregaon police station, Ms Sawant has said, “I do not know Digvijay personally. By passing such comments he (Digvijay) has lowered my image and reputation.”

“I have already issued instruction to my lawyer Ejaz Naqvi to issue notice of defamation and damage of Rs 50 crore from Digvijay Singh. This is a gruesome attack on my noble character,” the letter states.

Mr Singh had in his tweet yesterday compared activist-turned-politician Kejriwal with Rakhi saying they both try and expose but without any substance.

“Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant. They both try and expose but with no substance,” Singh tweeted.

He, however, also sought apology from Sawant, saying, “Apologies to Rakhi Sawant I am an old fan of hers!”

Kejriwal has in the last few weeks targeted Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra for his land deals with DLF, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid for allegedly misusing funds allotted to his NGO, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari in the Maharashtra irrigation scam, besides corporate giants including Mukesh Ambani.

Ms Sawant has requested the police Commissioner to order registration of a complaint for Singh’s “lewd and derogatory” remark.

“Digvijay should be charged under the provisions of section 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman), 427 (mischief), 500 (defamation) and 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with life or other imprisonment) of IPC and also under the Information Technology Act. The matter should be probed by CBI,” the letter demands.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/rakhi-sawant-says-digvijay-singh-attacked-her-noble-character-seeks-action/article4090924.ece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down