Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such?

+12
ashaNirasha
indophile
Impedimenta
churi.
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kris
Merlot Daruwala
Idéfix
Sandee2020
southindian
Hellsangel
Petrichor
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whose Such posts do you read compulsively most?

2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap5%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap33%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 13 ]
2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap3%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap3%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap28%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 11 ]
2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap5%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_lcap10%2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Empty 2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such?

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Considering there are 23 of us reading this, and about 20 of us posting, I felt the imperative need to quantify the popularity of posters. Popularity, here, means compelling posts. Whose posts do you compulsively read most, whether you like or dislike, or plain hate? Please participate in the poll attached and vote for your candidate. Write-in's are fine if I have omitted someone.

1. If you want to write-in, pls. post a reply to this thread
2. Vote cancellations disallowed. So, make up your mind before ballot.
3. Polls close friday.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Empty Re: 2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such?

Post by Hellsangel Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Still with the psycho-analyzing after carefully excluding yourself?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such? Empty Re: 2012 - Who is the most popular poster of such?

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:52 pm

No, HA...there was only space for 10 choices. There are many other deserving candidates who may be write-in's. Smile

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm

I wish I could vote more for Munmun and Germ-Aya-Re.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm the wonly woman in the list Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Michele Bachman was the only woman in the repub primaries. Smile

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 pm

atcg wrote:Michele Bachman was the only woman in the repub primaries. Smile

And the good people in MN reelected her.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Interesting post could be any one of them at a given time and day. No vote form me.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm

oh i want to vote twice for hu and tracy..its letting me vote only once.

fix it OP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I voted for Natalia 'Tracy' Romanova, but my vote is not showing up. How come?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Which was my only disappointment with the results this cycle.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

panini press wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Which was my only disappointment with the results this cycle.

She spent 12-to-1 against her opponent. There is a quantitative model out there somewhere that shows a threshold factor beyond which $ can buy you votes - the moneybags (Adelson etc.) would be very interested in such a model for '16 to see if it makes sense to outrun the dems by that factor. I hope someone comes out with a paper that makes it impractical/prohibitive to reach that factor.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 pm

atcg wrote:Considering there are 23 of us reading this, and about 20 of us posting, I felt the imperative need to quantify the popularity of posters. Popularity, here, means compelling posts.

Saar, I must express my extreme dissatisfaction with your tendency to indiscriminately target English words for "loose interpretations". First you take protein-rich chikkis (also supposed to contain iron) and kaju katlis and slanderously label them junk food. Then you take the word "popular" and use it to mean something else altogether. If popular = most compelling, then James Holmes, the Aurora gun man would be President.

Standards of semantic definition in the scientific community seem to be slipping these days. Abrahmanyam!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 pm

atcg wrote:Considering there are 23 of us reading this, and about 20 of us posting, I felt the imperative need to quantify the popularity of posters. Popularity, here, means compelling posts. Whose posts do you compulsively read most, whether you like or dislike, or plain hate? Please participate in the poll attached and vote for your candidate. Write-in's are fine if I have omitted someone.

3. Polls close friday.
LOL atcg. this is a fun poll. i voted for nats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am

atcg wrote:Considering there are 23 of us reading this, and about 20 of us posting, I felt the imperative need to quantify the popularity of posters. Popularity, here, means compelling posts. Whose posts do you compulsively read most, whether you like or dislike, or plain hate? Please participate in the poll attached and vote for your candidate. Write-in's are fine if I have omitted someone.

3. Polls close friday.

>>>>What if there is a tie? Hanging chads, harassment at the polling both,, the usual stuff.. who will weigh in? Suggest the supreme court be put on standby for the quite potential brouhaha.. Could be neck and neck between Nats and Maratadi ..Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am

Kris wrote:

3. Polls close friday.

>>>>What if there is a tie? Hanging chads, harassment at the polling both,, the usual stuff.. who will weigh in? Suggest the supreme court be put on standby for the quite potential brouhaha.. Could be neck and neck between Nats and Maratadi ..Smile

>>>>WTH-? These two are barely on the radar.. Thought Nats would be the front runner, with the U man a close second ..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am

Kris wrote:>>>>What if there is a tie? Hanging chads, harassment at the polling both,, the usual stuff.. who will weigh in? Suggest the supreme court be put on standby for the quite potential brouhaha.. Could be neck and neck between Nats and Maratadi ..Smile

I was thinking it'd be a close tie between Nats and Hoozay, with the latter slightly ahead thanks to his most recent disclosures of offline activity.

I'd also throw Vee Unkil in the final shortlist, but however compelling the spectacle of a Lithe-Once-Virile-Unkil's dyspeptic shenanigans, he hardly qualifies for "popular".

PS: I also disqualify Admin - all those votes he's getting are from various chatbots trying to butter him up to avoid deletion of their 100,000+ chat accounts.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I was thinking it'd be a close tie between Nats and Hoozay, with the latter slightly ahead thanks to his most recent disclosures of offline activity.
rofl i court notoriety even if it is at the expense of embarrassing a fellow poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:35 am

Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>>WTH-? These two are barely on the radar.. Thought Nats would be the front runner, with the U man a close second ..

I decided not to repeat my past mistake and voted for myself.

When I was in grade 8, the class was supposed to elect the leader either me or another girl. The teacher barred the two of us from voting. Since the class vote was a tie we both were allowed to vote...again Tie????

Naww... I thought it would not be appropriate to vote for myself and voted for the girl. Of course, the (selfish) girl won.

After may years came across her and she is (one of) my closest pal... so looks like my Dhrushti was powerful even then...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kris wrote:>>>>What if there is a tie? Hanging chads, harassment at the polling both,, the usual stuff.. who will weigh in? Suggest the supreme court be put on standby for the quite potential brouhaha.. Could be neck and neck between Nats and Maratadi ..Smile

I was thinking it'd be a close tie between Nats and Hoozay, with the latter slightly ahead thanks to his most recent disclosures of offline activity.

I'd also throw Vee Unkil in the final shortlist, but however compelling the spectacle of a Lithe-Once-Virile-Unkil's dyspeptic shenanigans, he hardly qualifies for "popular".

PS: I also disqualify Admin - all those votes he's getting are from various chatbots trying to butter him up to avoid deletion of their 100,000+ chat accounts.

>>>>Hoozay has outsmarted Marty (in keeping with the folksiness required of our candidates, I have taken the liberty of making Maratadi more boy-next-door-ish). However, the dynamic employed here - any publicity is good publicity- could backfire. It has a certain shelf-life. My money is on Nats to convert this into a positive for herself. Marty got sold down the river, but it happens when you are too out with your views. Nats is almost reaganesque in evoking that 'feel good' nostalgia, what with the homespun recaps of her storied childhood etc etc. It was always a run-up to this election. I always had a hunch about this Smile

Tomorrow's episode- Demands for Hoozay's tax returns and Nats' birth cert.. hahaha

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 am

Tomorrow's sideshow a la Trump: grammar correction of the poll question.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 am

Kris wrote: However, the dynamic employed here - any publicity is good publicity- could backfire.
nah, i'll use a new trick to stay in the limelight. :-)
panini press wrote:Tomorrow's sideshow a la Trump: grammar correction of the poll question.
ROFL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 am

None of the above.

Sara Boji/Mulai Azhagi is the only one all whose posts I read carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 am

blabberwock wrote:Sara Boji/Mulai Azhagi is the only one all whose posts I read carefully.
ROFL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:55 am

We want a recount. Kinnera voted for me but it didn't show up somehow.

Also, I didn't vote for myself although I am the one who read my posts the most for spell checks, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 am

Is this the new location of Sulekha Coffeehouse now?
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

churi. wrote:Is this the new location of Sulekha Coffeehouse now?

yes, and you can also check out http://sulekha.forumotion.com.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:Also, I didn't vote for myself although I am the one who read my posts the most for spell checks, etc.
ROFL!

are you the old churi of old ch? i faintly recall an old ch handle named "churi."

yes this the where sulekha CH has moved to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Hm....where u been ?

Just in time for the Test matches....

Hope you have learnt to drive stick shift up the hill...after all these days....

This is the only site where everyone from old CH migrated, and of course, a couple of people on this site are trying to promote their own sites (like Rashmun)...

Beware...and of course, if you want any clarification you just send me a note...

And...here...my blessings to you child...and let my Vibhuti protect you from some evil forces on this site.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am

i hate everyone in the list except for two, three, wait two, no four.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am

You gotta name names. That's what this poll is all about, Impy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 am

i like you pp. i am also trying desperately to reach a cell phone in india where some voice is telling me to F off in telugu, i think Evil or Very Mad

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am

Impedimenta wrote:i like you pp. i am also trying desperately to reach a cell phone in india where some voice is telling me to F off in telugu, i think Evil or Very Mad

Is that a word you heard in Telugu before, POKCTAP?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:25 am

no.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:01 pm

The two people who voted for me, thank you. Just give me
Your email id's. I might just email you moving forward. Why waste forum space.

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Nats..you should bump it up to 3, if you know what I'm sayin.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Hm....where u been ?

Just in time for the Test matches....

Hope you have learnt to drive stick shift up the hill...after all these days....

This is the only site where everyone from old CH migrated, and of course, a couple of people on this site are trying to promote their own sites (like Rashmun)...

Beware...and of course, if you want any clarification you just send me a note...

And...here...my blessings to you child...and let my Vibhuti protect you from some evil forces on this site.

Hi...Uppilli, is it?

I found this site through some accidental sleuthing - glad to see that CH has endured.
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 pm

are you the old churi of old ch? i faintly recall an old ch handle named "churi."

yes this the where sulekha CH has moved to. [/quote]

Yes, one and the same. Minus the "old".
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm

churi. wrote:

yes this the where sulekha CH has moved to.

Yes, one and the same. Minus the "old".[/quote]

were you interacting on CH with QueenBee? If yes, and if you wish to say hi to her, you will find her on http://sulekha.forumotion.com
QB prefers not to post here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:
were you interacting on CH with QueenBee? If yes, and if you wish to say hi to her, you will find her on http://sulekha.forumotion.com

Ha ha ha! Still touting your forum?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i am only acting as a facilitator. I was around when churi was posting on sulekha, and i am fairly sure that she must have interacted with QB. By the way this was several years before you arrived on the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:We want a recount. Kinnera voted for me but it didn't show up somehow.

Yeah, what the heck! I thought it's the dems who do that in real life. Can't believe the voter fraud thing went on in SuCh too. I seek justice. My missing vote needs to be counted too. So nats' actual votes=final tally of her votes + 1....nah, make it +1+x (x=all my alternate ids, if i had any Razz)

Natalia Romanova wrote:Also, I didn't vote for myself although I am the one who read my posts the most for spell checks, etc.

Why do you need to do that? What's vee for?

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
were you interacting on CH with QueenBee? If yes, and if you wish to say hi to her, you will find her on

i am only acting as a facilitator. I was around when churi was posting on sulekha, and i am fairly sure that she must have interacted with QB. By the way this was several years before you arrived on the site.

I remember her. Our interests didn't really intersect.
I miss some of the people (and discussions) on CH. It's been a very long time - most of the handles are not familiar to me now.
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 pm

churi. wrote:
I remember her. Our interests didn't really intersect.
I miss some of the people (and discussions) on CH. It's been a very long time - most of the handles are not familiar to me now.

aren't u the one from south africa or one of those countries?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:42 pm

churi. wrote:I miss some of the people (and discussions) on CH. It's been a very long time - most of the handles are not familiar to me now.
Many old timers are here with new names. Who are the ones you used to interact with?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 pm

churi. wrote:I found this site through some accidental sleuthing - glad to see that CH has endured.
oh wow. i just googled "sulekha coffeehouse" and the fourth result is this: https://such.forumotion.com/t202-the-new-sulekha-coffeehouse-link

churi, other than uppili (marathadi samiyaar), bittu and kris, the rest joined old ch later or were not posting when you were around (like me).

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Ahhh Churi... Ganguly's old flame?

Are you still carrying his picture around for the next world cup? Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 am

southindian wrote:

I think you're thinking of Krithi or Anuradha. They were the two other girls active in the cricket forum.
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:14 am

churi. wrote:
southindian wrote:

I think you're thinking of Krithi or Anuradha. They were the two other girls active in the cricket forum.

churi, do you remember the cryptics gang?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 am

blabberwock wrote:

churi, do you remember the cryptics gang?

Now stop corrupting her....and don't drive her away by referring to the Nerd Gang....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next