Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor

3 posters

Go down

Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor Empty Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor

Post by charvaka Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 pm

I am playing with forums and I need to edit some PHP files that are not properly formatted. I need an editor that shows keywords and other shit in various colors, as programming language editors usually do (e.g. Forte for Java, which I used about 10 years ago.) I don't want anything big... the simpler the editor the better it is. I don't need any compiling or interpreting nonsense -- just a simple editor that can properly indent and format a badly indented / formatted PHP file and highlight keywords, variables and other text differently. And it's gotta be free. Any suggestions?

I am doing this kind of programming for the first time in years, but I am on the verge of a breakthrough with a forum where I can: (a) disable IP logging, (b) have user-selected themes, (c) show latest posts not just latest topics, and (d) have the option of a threaded view. What's more, I can even migrate all the contents of the discussions here to that new forum. I am really excited, but I need a good editor to tweak the PHP code to do some of this.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor Empty Re: Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

http://www.php-editors.com/review/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor Empty Re: Question for programmers: a simple PHP editor

Post by Nila Thu May 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Notepad++

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down