Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ek tha tiger

+6
Kris
FluteHolder
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jeremiah Mburuburu
MaxEntropy_Man
ashdoc
10 posters

Go down

Ek tha tiger Empty Ek tha tiger

Post by ashdoc Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 am

Ek tha tiger 9FPFh

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Ek tha tiger Empty Re: Ek tha tiger

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 am

raman fielding dead. good riddance.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 am

Ponty Chaddha dies the same day.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:raman fielding dead. good riddance.

Love him hate him but you cant ignore him pirat

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:38 am

ashdoc wrote:

yes i can't ignore the urge to defecate either.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:48 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
ashdoc wrote:

If confronted by balasaheb your shit will go back up your bowels in fright tongue

Last edited by ashdoc on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 am

Ek tha tiger Ea7XE

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am

who is/was raman fielding?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:01 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

a caricature of BT in rushdie's the moor's last sigh.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 am

ashdoc wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
ashdoc wrote:

If confronted by balasaheb your shit will go back up your bowels in fright tongue

unlikely. i come from a family with a tradition of sending men to serve in the indian army's officer corps, unlike vegetarian murderers like modi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
ashdoc wrote:

unlikely. i come from a family with a tradition of sending men to serve in the indian army's officer corps, unlike vegetarian murderers like modi.

Why is Modi relevant to Thackerey's death?

Besides, Modi has been acquitted a thousand times and none of the UPA Govts can even hoist a case on him. So why talk about democracy and judiciary when you dont want to accept its verdict?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

a caricature of BT in rushdie's the moor's last sigh.
interesting. i did not make the connection though i have read TMS -- i mean i remember zilch of TMS; did not enjoy it at all.

ashdoc's love for BT is as amusing as your love for SR. though his is steeped in a bit of jingoistic craziness, yours is on genuine appreciation of fine prose or on an idiosyncrasy -- frankly i don't know, he he. i say so for i remember SR only for MC, SV, grimus and his travelogues whereas you remember him for his latter works. sometimes you make me doubt my taste in literature but then we readers are an eclectic bunch and what is good for the goan might not necessarily be good for the samoan. you make me doubt for there are books we both have enjoyed -- IToS for one that i can immediately recall.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm

I donot see any reason to treat this news other than an oldman's death. He was divisivie and against all non-maharshtrians and encouraged goondaism.(somewhat similar to Mr.Goggles).

Can anyone List of good things this man has done to Mumbai/Maharashatra/India?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 pm

i thought satanic verses came after the moor's last sigh. i started out reading rushdie with midnight's children which i still like a lot, but my two favorite works are haroun and the satanic verses. i had put off reading verses for a long time because of all the notoriety. i tend to be turned off when there is too much chatter about a particular book. i picked it up long after the controversy died down and have read it three times. i think it's some of the finest writing i've ever read by anyone. it deserves to be known as a great novel, not just as a notorious one.

i don't like everything rushdie puts out. i didn't like the ground beneath her feet one bit. it was a rambling bore.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm

no you are right, verses was before the moor's last sigh.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 pm

speaking of writers we both like, have you read rohinton mistry? i have a feeling you'll like him. he has a very understated voice if bombast turns you off.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:12 pm

and by an odd concatenation of topics on this thread, i found this youtube video on one of raman fielding's many achievements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImTwKx2ok0
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I donot see any reason to treat this news other than an oldman's death. He was divisivie and against all non-maharshtrians and encouraged goondaism.(somewhat similar to Mr.Goggles).

he certainly was responsible for getting some jobs to marathis in mumbai---and also a bit of pride .

and he gave voice to hindus who had constantly been crushed by muslims and their supporters in the name of secularism .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i thought satanic verses came after the moor's last sigh. i started out reading rushdie with midnight's children which i still like a lot, but my two favorite works are haroun and the satanic verses. i had put off reading verses for a long time because of all the notoriety. i tend to be turned off when there is too much chatter about a particular book. i picked it up long after the controversy died down and have read it three times. i think it's some of the finest writing i've ever read by anyone. it deserves to be known as a great novel, not just as a notorious one.

i don't like everything rushdie puts out. i didn't like the ground beneath her feet one bit. it was a rambling bore.

>>> I liked Midnight's Children and could read it again. I did read the SV when it came out, partly because my curiosity was piqued by the publicity. I thought it was an okay piece of work. I liked the style, but for some reason don't think I can read it again. I am finding this out to be the case with most fictional works now. Likewise with movies. I recently tried to watch The Odessa File which I loved the first time I saw it years ago. This time around I couldn't sit through it even for half an hour. I am not sure if this is a case of changing interests or less bandwidth.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I donot see any reason to treat this news other than an oldman's death. He was divisivie and against all non-maharshtrians and encouraged goondaism.(somewhat similar to Mr.Goggles).

Exactemente...

This dude entered politics through his anti-tamil agitation in the 60s. Then changed color - no principle or such crap. Reportedly screwed and lived with his DIL - with the son walking out - built his mafiaso empire.

All his anti-tamil, anti-bangladeshi, anti-bihari agitiations are to keep him at teh center of attention - mostly whenever he was out of power.

This guy is no nationalist or a lover of India - a selfish, greedy guy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:.. have read [SV} it three times. i think it's some of the finest writing i've ever read by anyone. it deserves to be known as a great novel, not just as a notorious one.
i hear you. though i have not read SV (failed the many times i started), i did read the chapter you had recommended here and it was delectable. but i had no motivation to read more -- just me.

i didn't like the ground beneath her feet one bit. it was a rambling bore.
yup. orpheus and eurydice. SR and padma exponentiated to the nth degree. mind game novel.

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:speaking of writers we both like, have you read rohinton mistry? i have a feeling you'll like him. he has a very understated voice if bombast turns you off.
ahhh i will read him definitely. the last time i followed your reco., i found joy -- IToS -- and we both share similar sentiments for vikarm chandra. i badly want to read rohinton and will buy all his novels tomorrow and put them before me. but i do not know when i will read them for right now i am not in the perfect frame of mind to read fiction (but i can participate in discussions).

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

All his anti-tamil

ho hum....thats why you are angry with him.....

i would like to remind you that he was still better than tamil nationalists who wanted to divide the country . he certainly was an indian at heart in all phases of his political career .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:10 pm

ashdoc wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

All his anti-tamil

ho hum....thats why you are angry with him.....

i would like to remind you that he was still better than tamil nationalists who wanted to divide the country . he certainly was an indian at heart in all phases of his political career .

He was just another politician who took a different route. It is all a question of not who is better but who is worse. He is an Indian at heart - even a Hindu Indian at heart, but he was first a Marathi and then only the rest....not the other way around.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i say so for i remember SR only for MC, SV, grimus and his travelogues whereas you remember him for his latter works.
sorry, i meant shame not SV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 am

reading the headlines e'where now...

it's ek tha thakeray, not tiger...

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:49 am

ashdoc wrote:

he certainly was responsible for getting some jobs to marathis in mumbai---and also a bit of pride .

He merely gave an illusion to the masses of jobless, uneducated Marathi youth who hung on to his every word, that they could reap the benefits of the city's economic opportunity just by virtue of being Marathi, without any need for the education or saleable skills that outsiders came in with. They believed him and so today, you have the sorry sight of a Marathi underclass which is only good for low-end, menial work. All the maids, drivers and security guards are Marathi. I suppose they should be grateful to Balasaheb for that.

Oh yes, the government offices and police force is full of Marathis too, but surely, that is no unique achievement. That's true of every state in the country today.

ashdoc wrote:and he gave voice to hindus who had constantly been crushed by muslims and their supporters in the name of secularism .

Late in life, after running out of other punching bags, he zeroed in on the Muslims. His thugs ran amuck in the '93 riots, giving disempowered cowering chickenhearts like Ashdoc a huge boost to their manhood. THAT is his true and sole contribution to the Marathi manoos.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:10 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

education or saleable skills that outsiders came in with. They believed him and so today, you have the sorry sight of a Marathi underclass which is only good for low-end, menial work. All the maids, drivers and security guards are Marathi. I suppose they should be grateful to Balasaheb for that.

you mean to say that the bhaiyyas and biharis who come to mumbai have education ?? ha ha what a joke..... Laughing

in fact they are illiterate and UP and BIHAR are such shit states with such pathetic governance that the govt does nothing for them there---so they come to mumbai to peddle their so called ' skills ' since there is NO economic opportunity in their own states .

and what is wrong in maids security guards and drivers being marathi ?? obviously the lowend jobs in any region are done by locals aren't they ?? and marathis are locals in mumbai .

if you go to gujarat what do you see ?? the maids drivers and security guards are gujarati as they should be . this inspite of gujaratis being a economically progessive community . thats because they are locals there . just like marathis are in mumbai.....

and educationwise the marathis are pretty decent . only thing is that they are not good in business . and today the banks and companies do give jobs to educated marathis---but that is due to balasaheb's efforts .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 am

and if the outsiders are so skilled and educated why cant they do well in their own states ?? why do they come to mumbai at all . if they are so talented let them remain in their own states . we will see what they can do there . Question

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 am

what morons like merlot are loathe to acknowledge is the fact that the govt and law and order system in mumbai is controlled by marathis---and it is THAT which gives opportunities to others to reap economic benefits .

the police and govt ensure that there is law and order and opportunites for economic upliftment .

if the outsiders are so great and talented then why does their own govt in their own states not create opportunities for their upliftment . why is law and order in UP and bihar so pathetic ??

does any marathi go to UP bihar and other states begging for jobs ?? the answer is no. that shows that our system is superior and so are we !!

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Ek tha bandar would have been more appropriate for this guy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

ashdoc wrote:Ek tha tiger 9FPFh

Good riddance. Any group of followers who are feared when their leader speaks something are following the wrong person.

Bal Thakeray was an opportunist goonda, leading and using emotional marathis. That's all.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm

pssttt.. sorry but i cannot see any images on this thread from work but ek tha tiger is a movie, i though. no? i watched it yesteday night. It was HORRIBLE. me and hubs were waiting for over an hour for some kind of a plot to start but nothing happened Rolling Eyes salman khan and katrina were on some goddam motor boat and threw their cell phones into that water. that was my take away from the stupid movie.

PS: i also want to do the same with my work BB today, with or without salman khan.

PS1: my personal cell phone was stolen on saturday Sad

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Impedimenta wrote:pssttt.. sorry but i cannot see any images on this thread from work but ek tha tiger is a movie, i though. no? i watched it yesteday night. It was HORRIBLE. me and hubs were waiting for over an hour for some kind of a plot to start but nothing happened Rolling Eyes salman khan and katrina were on some goddam motor boat and threw their cell phones into that water. that was my take away from the stupid movie.

PS: i also want to do the same with my work BB today, with or without salman khan.

they are talking about Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray who died recently and who was called 'Tiger' or 'Lion' by his fans and supporters. Did you try calling your phone (several times, not once)? Recently i dropped my iphone in a cab and had no clue i had done so when my dentists's secretary called my office phone to say that she had just called my cell phone and the cab driver had picked it up. yes, i got my phone back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Impedimenta wrote:PS: i also want to do the same with my work BB today, with or without salman khan.

In the spirit of this thread, let me echo the words of others: good riddance. Get the RAZR HD Maxx.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm

R - did alll that and done. frustrated as hell and cancelled my service.

PP - already got my shipment at home, it seems. yes, RAZR MAxx indeedio :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down