Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray

+5
MaxEntropy_Man
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Rishi
Merlot Daruwala
ashdoc
9 posters

Go down

Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray  Empty Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 am

http://www.economist.com/news/obituary/21567039-bal-thackeray-mumbais-political-godfather-died-november-17th-aged-86-bal-thackeray

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray  Empty Re: Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 am

"Nonetheless, if Bal could have seen his own state funeral he would have much enjoyed it: the VIPs still just terrified enough to pay insincere homage to him; and the vast adoring crowd, still ignorant, still biddable, watching everything he had told them to believe in turning to ash."

Bwahaha...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray  Empty Re: Economist obituary to Bal Thackeray

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:38 am

according to the article thackeray was a political opportunist. i wonder why you are giving links to unflattering articles about thackeray considering you claim to be his great admirer.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:45 am

the very fact that the economist considered him important enough to give him an obituary is flattering enough .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:59 am

ashdoc wrote:the very fact that the economist considered him important enough to give him an obituary is flattering enough .

Bwahaha..look at you. Forever seeking the approval of some old white men. And patting yourself on the back for that utterly withering commentary of your primitive society and its reverence for thugs.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:09 am

Most of the articles in the Economist on India are written by Indian journalists.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 am

ashdoc wrote:the very fact that the economist considered him important enough to give him an obituary is flattering enough .

Are you serious?

If you really meant what you said above, you need to have your head examined.

You need to take a class in critical thinking.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Bwahaha..look at you. Forever seeking the approval of some old white men. And patting yourself on the back for that utterly withering commentary of your primitive society and its reverence for thugs.

I thought it was a funny and good piece of writing---thats why i posted it . unlike you , i dont mind liking good stuff even though it has been written by people who are against my political inclinations . i am much more fair than you are .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 am

Rashmun wrote:according to the article thackeray was a political opportunist. i wonder why you are giving links to unflattering articles about thackeray considering you claim to be his great admirer.

Bal Thackeray was an opportunist like Mohammad Ali Jinnah.

Thackeray was responsible for deaths of a couple of thousand. But Jinnah was responsible for the deaths of at least a million.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 am

Rishi wrote:

Are you serious?

If you really meant what you said above, you need to have your head examined.

You need to take a class in critical thinking.

it only proves what i said earlier---love him or hate him , you cannot ignore him !!

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:25 am

Rishi wrote:Most of the articles in the Economist on India are written by Indian journalists.

yes , but they need to be approved by the big bosses of the magazine for being printed ---and approval comes if the topic is considered important enough .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I thought it was a funny and good piece of writing---thats why i posted it . unlike you , i dont mind liking good stuff even though it has been written by people who are against my political inclinations . i am much more fair than you are .

Doc, c'mon. Be honest. You can admit that you rejoiced the moment you saw an obit for your god in the hallowed columns of the Economist and without reading it fully, promptly rushed to post it here as a towering achievement of the Marathi manoos. Don't worry. We won't think any less of you. We can't.

Last edited by Merlot Daruwala on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am

the word is "notorious," not "important." slobodan mlasovitch (sp?) was also notorious, not important. you think the economists's obituary is flattering because the white-skinned people of the economist gave thackeray some attention, however unfavourable. that says more about you than about thackeray.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Doc, c'mon. Be honest. You can admit that you rejoiced the moment you saw an obit for your god in the hallowed columns of the Economist and without reading it fully, promptly rushed to post it here as a towering achievement of the Marathi manoos. Don't worry. We won't think any less of you. We can't.

do you think i would have posted it if it had been some ordinary piece of writing ??

do you know that i dont like the economist because it is ALWAYS critical of india and its economic achievements---which it tries to belittle ??

Last edited by ashdoc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote: more about you

the very fact that you had to mention slobodan rather than other more notorious people ( who belong to the religion of piss ) shows more about you to me .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm

bhasmavaidyarkar -- there are lots of marathi manoos that you can be genuinely proud of -- sachin tendulkar, sunil gavaskar, desh deshpande, arun kolatkar et al. let go of this scumbag. he is no sign of marathi pride.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:bhasmavaidyarkar -- there are lots of marathi manoos that you can be genuinely proud of -- sachin tendulkar, sunil gavaskar, desh deshpande, arun kolatkar et al. let go of this scumbag. he is no sign of marathi pride.

all these sachin tendulkars and sunil gavaskars stay in mumbai because of him !! he is the reason there are still some marathis left in mumbai .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:"Nonetheless, if Bal could have seen his own state funeral he would have much enjoyed it: the VIPs still just terrified enough to pay insincere homage to him; and the vast adoring crowd, still ignorant, still biddable, watching everything he had told them to believe in turning to ash."

Bwahaha...

Emphasis, fixed.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:57 pm

ashdoc wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote: more about you

the very fact that you had to mention slobodan rather than other more notorious people ( who belong to the religion of piss ) shows more about you to me .
Economist's obituary of Osama bin Laden; enjoy. http://www.economist.com/node/18648254
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:31 pm

does the Economist have an obit piece on Aurangazeb or the esteemed Nawab.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm

If they did, it would be a great honor for Economist, not for Aurangzeb or the Nizam. If they don't, it's because the Economist is not worthy enough to carry their obituaries.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:56 pm

i want to know whether the Economist has ever carried a piece on the Charvakas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:56 pm

this does *not* count:

https://www.economist.com/user/3140300/comments

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:i want to know whether the Economist has ever carried a piece on the Charvakas.

Given an opportunity, you would boil a bunny in the great glut admin's kitchen.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:i want to know whether the Economist has ever carried a piece on the Charvakas.

Given an opportunity, you would boil a bunny in the great glut admin's kitchen.

slave, are you back again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Rashmun wrote:

borrrring!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

borrrring!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down