Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday lunch

2 posters

Go down

Holiday lunch Empty Holiday lunch

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 am

Totally forgot.

Wasted some time in the morning day dreaming, packing lunch, strarting a laundry, toasting waffles for the kid, and working on some papers for kid's school.

Decided to wash hair, had been 4 days ugh. That took long. Shampoo, condition, wait.

Was running late. Took out washed pants to wear. Fully creased. Hmm. Thought of wearing jeans instead. But those fit too tight these days. No need to go through that nonsense. Skirt, unwaxed legs. Nope. Jeggings, nah. Don't feel it.

So thought of going with creased pants. No time to iron them. Have to drop son at the bus stop. Gravity will take care of the creases, ya.

No time to do the other usual. Like check if eye brows need trimming. Any unsightly acne popping up. Who cares.

Now, hair. No time to brush or dry or check for gray roots. There are like a thousand tangles in them. If I dig into it, 10 minutes will be gone. So I come out like that. Tried to finger dry and untangle them through my 25 minute drive to work. Normally it is 30-35 minutes. But lesser traffic coz of holidays maybe.

Come to work. Hair still not dry. Meh. Tie them in an unruly looking ponytail anyway. Put on a dark pink lipstick and face powder. Hoping it distracts people enough to notice anything else. Who cares.

Then I come to the desk and realize. Holiday lunch!!! Dammit. Will have to starve until then. Keep my food in the fridge. But more importantly, tried to fix hair in the restroom.

No luck. They are becoming a larger volume of frizzy mess as they dry. My manager is coming today. She will see me like this. Not good. Atleast my top is shimmering. So hopefully that will salvage the day. Hopefully, coz it is not that shimmering.

And will try my very best not to open my lunch box at 11.

Back to top Go down

Holiday lunch Empty Re: Holiday lunch

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 am

How long would it be for you to grow out your lakisha hair and have your natural hair back? maybe a yr?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am

This IS my natural hair. The lakisha straight hair is towards the ends. Maybe 3" still left. Another 3-4 months maybe. Then it will be ALL curly again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:Totally forgot.

No luck. They are becoming a larger volume of frizzy mess as they dry. My manager is coming today. She will see me like this. Not good. Atleast my top is shimmering. So hopefully that will salvage the day. Hopefully, coz it is not that shimmering.

And will try my very best not to open my lunch box at 11.

Actually, it may be a big plus. No FEMALE manager wants her subordinates to look better and steal the show.

You are going to get a big bonus this time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Sorry you did not follow the shampooing instructions properly..."Rinse and Repeat!"

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:03 pm

kinnera wrote:How long would it be for you to grow out your lakisha hair and have your natural hair back? maybe a yr?

What is lakisha hair?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down