Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry as sec of state

2 posters

Go down

Kerry as sec of state Empty Kerry as sec of state

Post by rawemotions Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Any thoughts, about impact on India ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Kerry as sec of state Empty Re: Kerry as sec of state

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I read recently that one of kerry's positive points is his contacts with pakistan, meaning his ability to strike a relationship with pak generals. .he seems to have earned some points with gen. Kayani.
Kerry at state is not likely have any negative affect on india.
He may have some problem with indian view of nuclear contracts.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:50 am

You got the right point. But I disagree with your conclusion.

You should know that the always maniacal Pakistanis, have their goals as, defeat India, conquer India etc.. So you cannot get into the good books of their top brass (esp. Army/ISI etc..) without agreeing to their view points which is always a victim's mindset (their ruse to cover their Islamic invader mentality and quest to lord over India) for any aspect of their dealings with India.

So anything they do for Kerry , they are going to demand a quid pro quo, and it will always be something to do with India, short and long term. I think in the following order

1) American rollback of India training Afghan police/Military

2) America's covert/not so subtle opposition to India's purely civil engagement with Afghanistan

3) Pressure on India regarding Siachen/ Sir Creek. The way this will be done is to get American Influentials/commentators beholden to the state department to make unilateral pronouncements tilting the perception towards a better deal for Pakistan.

4)I think Kerry is less ideological than Hillary (Hillary did not compromise on long term principles). Not sure about the dispensation under Kerry. There are likely to be turf wars between national security team and state department on matters of common interest. Hillary was very balanced and worked as a team with Obama's national security team.

5) it could also involve giving important positions to known India baiters like robin Raphael etc..

The problem is current national security team in India does not seem to display any spine and is unlikely to get its point across, if some of the above happens. They are not pro-active, it is clear from way they have handled the visit of Rehman Malik. They are back to mollycoddling the snake.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 am

Raw,
you have a pretty set opinion on us pak relationship.
My understanding is that us view of india is no longer tied to pakistan. Us india now have a healthy economics based relationship. Us now has a pakistan problem.
The past 60 years have shown sir creek or siachen are not easy to resolve. It won't change in the coming years despite modi's false claims.
Indian inability to deal with pak terrorism will continue irrespective of third party role.
kerry is a senior politician with a decent background. Republicans support his candidacy because it helps them grab mass senate seat.
India will be fine with or without kerry.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Well, time will tell who is right. On the US's Pak. problem, currently they are all to do with Afghanistan. Almost every analyst / news reporter worth his salt is repeating Pakistan's arguments, about justifying their mischief in Afghanistan, due to their fear of India.

Nobody questions Pak. about this imaginary fear, nor disconnect with past behavior, when Pak. conquered Afghanistan by proxy, despite non-involvement of Indian military.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I am hoping against hope, that you turn out to be right. That sensible analysts like Lisa Curtis, who seem to understand the ideology of Pakistani. terrorists and their backers, are also involved in the deliberations.

FYI, Robin Raphael was already brought back by Obama's administration, for aid disbursement in Pakistan, during his first term.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm

rawemotions wrote:You got the right point. But I disagree with your conclusion.
You should know that the always maniacal Pakistanis, have their goals as, defeat India, conquer India etc.. So you cannot get into the good books of their top brass (esp. Army/ISI etc..) without agreeing to their view points which is always a victim's mindset (their ruse to cover their Islamic invader mentality and quest to lord over India) for any aspect of their dealings with India.

So anything they do for Kerry , they are going to demand a quid pro quo, and it will always be something to do with India, short and long term. I think in the following order

3) Pressure on India regarding Siachen/ Sir Creek. The way this will be done is to get American Influentials/commentators beholden to the state department to make unilateral pronouncements tilting the perception towards a better deal for Pakistan.

It is starting!
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/kashmir-solution-will-make-pak-a-more-normal-state-expert/20130226.htm

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down