Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA

5 posters

Go down

MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA Empty MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA

Post by Kumarg Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:after the tragic events in CT. how are you guys doing? i am not coping very well. even though i have stopped watching the news and read the paper once a day at most, the kids haven't left my thought for an instant. maybe i am prone to this sort of thing. it's a third person tragedy, and we are all bystanders, but it feels like it has hit so close to home.

Its very sad and sorry to hear that the pain is greater for you since your children go to school in America. I can understand the fear. One thing I suggest you do to calm your nerves is talk to your school authorities, call a PTA meeting. Brainstorm on what immediate security measures can be taken by your kids' school to prevent unknown strangers from coming in. At the very least, all parents can get together and install a metal detector and one Xray scan machine. It may seem like a small thing, but I strongly believe that something like a metal detector and Xray scan, just like you have at the airport will strongly prevent anything like this from happening in the short run. I have given this suggestion on other US online forums too.

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA Empty Re: MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA

Post by Sandee2020 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:14 am

Max, you are not alone, many people have the same worry as you do.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA Empty Re: MaxEntropyMan and other Parents in USA

Post by Kumarg Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:58 pm

For the time being the solution is clear but wonder why no one is talking about it

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Kumarg wrote:For the time being the solution is clear but wonder why no one is talking about it

the solution the NRA suggested?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 pm

It will not work. Children will question you with why they were to put thru the detectors and security measures and how could a parent educate them that their schools are not the safest place to study and there are possiblities that some stupid guy might end up...

Not a good idea with already existing budget cuts.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumarg Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Come on Sasthi, explaining your kids why a metal detector is put in their school is much easier than explaining to them why their best friend was shot in the head.

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Kumarg wrote:Come on Sasthi, explaining your kids why a metal detector is put in their school is much easier than explaining to them why their best friend was shot in the head.

Geez! The metal detectors are no safety proof and no guarantee that a gunman who have decided to take on kindergarteners will surpass that security measure. If there were a detector the first bullet would've been passed to the person standing next to the detector or if none around it would just beep beep beep for few mins.

We need a detector which detects a weapon and takes it away from the person.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah. Better still, metal cages that drop on you if you do forced entries. Bring on the full video game mode on, which most of these psycos worship. What next?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:10 pm

looks like you guys haven't heard the NRA pronouncement this morning. they want to put a cop in every school.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:looks like you guys haven't heard the NRA pronouncement this morning. they want to put a cop in every school.

Believe it or not there are always cops watching middle and high schools. It happens in CA. I see cops everytime I pass high school or middle school. They will start watching elementary school from now on.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:looks like you guys haven't heard the NRA pronouncement this morning. they want to put a cop in every school.
Perhaps they want to ban violent video games too. At least, they want to blame violent video games, while to vigorously fighting any moves to restrict access to the tools of actual violence.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumarg Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kumarg wrote:For the time being the solution is clear but wonder why no one is talking about it

the solution the NRA suggested?

I am not suggesting it as the only solution, but as a solution that can be put into action immediately. Of course banning or heavily regulating guns as the permanent solution.

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down