Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu.

5 posters

Go down

Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu. Empty Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu.

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm

http://www.newslaundry.com/2012/08/can-you-take-it-arun-shourie/#comments

A great interview.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu. Empty Re: Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu.

Post by truthbetold Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Merlot,
You conveniently ignore all other facts and tell us about police capturing the culprits. Delhi has a history of high profile rapes. Shameful rapes happen in Delhi with some regularity. That is the opinion of your own paymaster Sonia. She took the rare step of writing letters to union home minister and Delhi cm. Sonia did not say this is a rare incident. She acknowledged the regularity of barbaric attacks on Delhi women.

The problem with Delhi police is their past actions and reputation. Their ineffective handling of past incidents and ineffective prosecutions.
In the present case serious action started only after some highly melodramatic protests in parliament and Sonia's letter.

Implicit in people's anger was the outrage at past inaction and demand for future action. One can be either realistic about situation or find some excuse to hide behind.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu. Empty Re: Reforming the religion whether Islam or Hindu.

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 am

truthbetold wrote:Merlot,
You conveniently ignore all other facts and tell us about police capturing the culprits. Delhi has a history of high profile rapes. Shameful rapes happen in Delhi with some regularity. That is the opinion of your own paymaster Sonia. She took the rare step of writing letters to union home minister and Delhi cm. Sonia did not say this is a rare incident. She acknowledged the regularity of barbaric attacks on Delhi women.

The problem with Delhi police is their past actions and reputation. Their ineffective handling of past incidents and ineffective prosecutions.
In the present case serious action started only after some highly melodramatic protests in parliament and Sonia's letter.

Implicit in people's anger was the outrage at past inaction and demand for future action. One can be either realistic about situation or find some excuse to hide behind.

Yaaawn. You could have kept quiet once it was clear that you were just shooting off your mouth (as usual) about inept Delhi police and haha policy prescriptions etc. But no, you now feel the need to justify your ignorant rant by dragging in some "ineffective handling of past incidents". So let me help you dig yourself into a deeper hole: why don't you name three recent rape incidents in Delhi where the inept police couldn't grab the perps.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 am

Merlot,
Why don't you ask your madam Sonia?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 am

There you go as usual. Challenged on facts, your only recourse is a lame (and as usual, misplaced) taunt.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm

The best remedy for rapes, violence against women, corruption, etc., is simple - just eradicate fashion secularism Very Happy.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:The best remedy for rapes, violence against women, corruption, etc., is simple - just eradicate fashion secularism Very Happy.
Guruvu-gaaru, you have company: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/mike-huckabee-school-shooting_n_2303792.html.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm

LOL

Seriously, how can people attack a stranger, who has done no harm to them, in that fashion? Something is really wrong.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

There you go as usual. Challenged on facts, your only recourse is a lame (and as usual, misplaced) taunt.
Merlot,
As usual you distort rules and push your damaged ideas as final proof.
Rape is common in Delhi, repeats at regular intervals, women feel the danger etc are widely held views. In this case even the ruling elite voiced those opinions. So I do not have to (even though I can) present any proof. In this you are swimming against the public belief. You have to show contrary to all the hue and cry Delhi is a wonderful place and rape is an exception and all those people who are protesting are without brains.
Now take the challenge. I got some time on my hands.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Merlot,
As usual you distort rules and push your damaged ideas as final proof.
Rape is common in Delhi, repeats at regular intervals, women feel the danger etc are widely held views. In this case even the ruling elite voiced those opinions. So I do not have to (even though I can) present any proof.
The debate is not on the incidence of rape in Delhi. It is whether it is fair to fault the police, as you did, when they actually cracked the case in 24 hours.

truthbetold wrote:You have to show contrary to all the hue and cry Delhi is a wonderful place and rape is an exception and all those people who are protesting are without brains. Now take the challenge.
I made no such claim. I've lived in Delhi sufficiently long to know how seriously warped Delhi's men are. I merely pointed out that your ignorant bluster against Delhi police and the need for "policy prescriptions" were entirely misplaced. Nothing more, nothing less.

truthbetold wrote:I got some time on my hands.
That's obvious. Take up a hobby. How about penning some "policy prescriptions" to curb rape? *snigger*
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Merlot,
Running away from challenge. Sounds very much like you.
You have a long list of false claims that you want to hide from.
According to your drunken reality india does not have a problem with corruption. So you don't support any anti corruption movement. Black money draining Indian economy is a figment of imagination. In fact you were worried all this talk of corruption and black money is driving investors ( who bring all their looted money back through tax heavens) from coming to India.

The only legitimate problem India has is anti Muslim comments by modi. How distraught they make your brethren? Calling a junior minister corrupt made mms so hurt that He made salman foreign minister. You said that should teach a lesson to those anti corruptionwalas.

Run drunk. Run.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 am

Running away from challenge. Sounds very much like you.
You have a long list of false claims that you want to hide from.
According to your drunken reality india does not have a problem with corruption. So you don't support any anti corruption movement. Black money draining Indian economy is a figment of imagination. In fact you were worried all this talk of corruption and black money is driving investors ( who bring all their looted money back through tax heavens) from coming to India.

The only legitimate problem India has is anti Muslim comments by modi. How distraught they make your brethren? Calling a junior minister corrupt made mms so hurt that He made salman foreign minister. You said that should teach a lesson to those anti corruptionwalas.

Run drunk. Run.

A 500-word essay of diversion, digression and name-calling. And then, you have the cheek to start a new thread accusing me of diverting and reframing.

To summarize, you were ignorantly blustering when you accused the police of inaction when you said: "When congress returned to power with advisors like you those police officers were sent to desk jobs or special forces. i am sure delhi police with right leadership could improve the situation by aggressively clearing old cases, and proactively sending messages to criminals that rape will bring down heavy reaction."

Your recommendation for Delhiites was that they "...force a change in police top brass, force govt to come up with a policy prescription that says rape numbers will be cut in half by six months..."

When I called you out on the baselessness of your diagnosis and worthlessness of your recommendations, you start posting new threads, fabricating my positions and when foiled at that as well, you've reverted to your core competency: namecalling. Truth be told, much as you might try to sound wiser (now that you're older), you're still the same old ignorant boor whose final refuge is in hurling insults.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down