Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swamy is at least right on this one.

4 posters

Go down

Swamy is at least right on this one. Empty Swamy is at least right on this one.

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 pm

https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/284254633919135744

Raghunath T S @raghunathts
@Swamy39 I moved abroad after 6 yrs work in india. I always hav a conflict of working abroad or in India. Your advice on this?

Subramanian Swamy @Swamy39
@raghunathts : The only place where an Indian does not need to justify his existence to others is in India. Try criticizing US to Americans

There is a lot of truth to that statement.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Swamy is at least right on this one. Empty Re: Swamy is at least right on this one.

Post by Kumarg Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 am

Rishi wrote:https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/284254633919135744

@Swamy39 I moved abroad after 6 yrs work in india. I always hav a conflict of working abroad or in India. Your advice on this?

@raghunathts : The only place where an Indian does not need to justify his existence to others is in India. Try criticizing US to Americans

come on what are you talking? The most racist people are Indian and your Indian employer or bosses are usually biogoted assholes. As you have seen there is no freedom of speech anywhere in India, be it in your office or the social media. US on the other hand is a very open minded country with open minded people (I say that from my limited experience of working there, but withing a short time I spent in the US I could tell what the working ethos of that country is). Ok in US you may have to justify your existence, but that is true if you work in ANY foreign country. I am sure an american or european or chinese working in India on a work permit has to justify his or her existence in India too! So whats the big deal? But in the US atleast there is freedom of speech, equality, you can express your opinion, joke with your boss, make suggestions to your boss, heck even tell your boss that he is wrong on some occasions- try doing that in India.

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Swamy is at least right on this one. Empty Re: Swamy is at least right on this one.

Post by Sandee2020 Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 am

There is discrimination every where in the world, India is the worst, starting with Dalits. which dates back more than 200 years. With more than 14 States and languages in India, there is a lot of discrimination. people who live in glass house should not throw stones.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Rishi wrote:https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/284254633919135744

The statement might be true but it's bad advice. Anyone who doesn't need to justify his existence very quickly sinks into complacency, mediocrity and eventually, irrelevance. Swamy himself is a cautionary example. Such wasted talent. A fine mind now gone berserk. And so totally irrelevant.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 pm

The most relevant part of what Swamy's statement was this: "Try criticizing US to Americans."

An Indian who criticized the bombing of Iraq by the Americans during the gulf war in 1991 was told by his American co-worker "Why don't you go and get your green card from Iraq?"

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 am

Rishi wrote:The most relevant part of what Swamy's statement was this: "Try criticizing US to Americans."

An Indian who criticized the bombing of Iraq by the Americans during the gulf war in 1991 was told by his American co-worker "Why don't you go and get your green card from Iraq?"

How is that the more relevant part of his statement? The question to him was about working abroad vs working in India. It wasn't about what conversations one can have with Americans.

In any event the joker who criticized the war to liberate Kuwait in '91 deserved the snub. Was it you btw?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 am

Was it you btw?

No. It was an FOB.

The poor sucker took the expression freedom of speech mean to say anything he wants.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down