Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The brilliant Illaiyaraja

Go down

The brilliant Illaiyaraja Empty The brilliant Illaiyaraja

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 9:20 am

Back to top Go down

The brilliant Illaiyaraja Empty Re: The brilliant Illaiyaraja

Post by sambarvada Mon May 30, 2011 9:48 am

Rashmun,

You should watch the movie "Mullum malarum" which means "Thorn Vs Flower".

This is one of the movies in which Rajini Kanth acted early in his career.

His acting skills shone through superbly. No style gimmicks.

The thorn part of it refers to the character rajini played as the ruffian who is a responsible and loving brother of an innocent girl. He cares for her very much. The girl ends up loving Rajini's boss. Although he does not get along with his boss and does not want her to marry that man. She goes ahead and marries the man she loves anyway. And Rajini comes to terms with that and in fact tells the man " I do not like you. But since I love my sister, I bless the marriage."

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 10:58 am

sambarvada wrote:Rashmun,

You should watch the movie "Mullum malarum" which means "Thorn Vs Flower".

This is one of the movies in which Rajini Kanth acted early in his career.

His acting skills shone through superbly. No style gimmicks.

The thorn part of it refers to the character rajini played as the ruffian who is a responsible and loving brother of an innocent girl. He cares for her very much. The girl ends up loving Rajini's boss. Although he does not get along with his boss and does not want her to marry that man. She goes ahead and marries the man she loves anyway. And Rajini comes to terms with that and in fact tells the man " I do not like you. But since I love my sister, I bless the marriage."

thanks for the storyline. i have heard good things about this film as well. i was particularly intrigued also by the life of the heroine in this film--Shobha. She committed suicide at the age of 18.

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Mon May 30, 2011 11:22 am

" was particularly intrigued also by the life of the heroine in this film--Shobha. She committed suicide at the age of 18. ."

===> That seems to be the fate of actresses in TN cine world.

Most of them end up as mistresses of a director or actor.

No one from a 'decent' family wants to marry them.

In some cases, these actresses have high expectations. They think the man will divoce his first wife and marry them thus giving them a legitimate marital status.

This does not happen. The man gives them a false promise of divorcing his first wife. He hardly does because he has already invested heavily in thaat marriage with grown up kids etc.

Finally the actresses like Shobha go into deep depression and end up committing suicide.

The POS director who initiated the love affair and kept this naive woman hoping against hope was arrested on murder suspicion. I do not know what hapened after that.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down