Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy..

+2
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy.. Empty The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy..

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 pm

.......is shameful.. She was cremated the way Kasab was secretly buried....

True there was potential for trouble, but that is what the Govt has police and law enforcement to control it. It was claimed the final rites were "private" but that did not prevent all the ministers and paramilitary to be present at the crematorium.

While the Govt might breath easy for controlling the situation, it missed an opportunity to galvanize the country against the abusive perception towards women.

This woman should have been given a state funeral, and she deserved it more than any recent dead politicians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy.. Empty Re: The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy..

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 pm

True. They want this anger to die down soon and hence the hush-up. I hope it doesn't. I hope ppl remember it when they vote in 2014. I hope her death will not go in vain. I hope something positive comes out of it.

Back to top Go down

The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy.. Empty Re: The way the rape victim was cremated in secrecy..

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:23 pm

MT and her chamcha may be thinking that they are smart. Resentment will only grow as the govt. sweeps this under the carpet and more and more rape cases get graphically described in the media.

Politicians will be smart to read about Durga, Kali, etc., and realize that in Indian culture, when women take note of a serious problem, usually, it gets resolved! This aspect has been sidelined in recent centuries mainly because of the influence of male-dominated European and Monomaniac cultures.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:.......is shameful.. She was cremated the way Kasab was secretly buried....

True there was potential for trouble, but that is what the Govt has police and law enforcement to control it. It was claimed the final rites were "private" but that did not prevent all the ministers and paramilitary to be present at the crematorium.

While the Govt might breath easy for controlling the situation, it missed an opportunity to galvanize the country against the abusive perception towards women.

This woman should have been given a state funeral, and she deserved it more than any recent dead politicians.

This angered me most after the rape incident. The girl's family had all rights to cremate their daughter where they wanted and the Indian government abused their power by forcing a quick funeral.

This govt. is so f*ing scared of its citizens.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Let us be fair. how do you know that it is forced on the family. may be family wanted it this way or got bribed into this way.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:.......is shameful.. She was cremated the way Kasab was secretly buried....

You're too Americanized man Razz Did you miss that majority appeared to be in agreement with keeping this anonymous.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm

The poor girl was to get married in Feb to the guy who got beaten up along with her. Looks like the family has been put under pressure to cremate the body early.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Delhi-rape-victim-cremated-weeks-before-wedding/Article1-982612.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm

kinnera wrote:The poor girl was to get married in Feb to the guy who got beaten up along with her. Looks like the family has been put under pressure to cremate the body early.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Delhi-rape-victim-cremated-weeks-before-wedding/Article1-982612.aspx

horrible. publishing reports about a family's grief in such detail is uncivilized unless they want to come forward themselves. why can't the newspapers spare the family such loss of dignity?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
kinnera wrote:The poor girl was to get married in Feb to the guy who got beaten up along with her. Looks like the family has been put under pressure to cremate the body early.

horrible. publishing reports about a family's grief in such detail is uncivilized unless they want to come forward themselves. why can't the newspapers spare the family such loss of dignity?

The newsmedia in India has shown quite a restraint, btw. No one even knows the name of the girl.

If it were US, all her details along with pix would've been out and the media would've made it personal to e'one. Nothing wrong in that either, i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:48 pm

kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

The newsmedia in India has shown quite a restraint, btw. No one even knows the name of the girl.

If it were US, all her details along with pix would've been out and the media would've made it personal to e'one. Nothing wrong in that either, i guess.

i meant this:

The mother fainted as the ambulance with her daughter’s body was leaving for the cremation ground. “Don’t take my daughter away,” she cried out before collapsing.

i don't think i've seen an american news report quite like that. the recent newtown tragedy is a study in respectful reporting in the face of tragedy. only the families who wanted to go public with their grief were given air time. there were a number of families who wanted to deal with their sorrow in private and the news agencies respected that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
i meant this:

The mother fainted as the ambulance with her daughter’s body was leaving for the cremation ground. “Don’t take my daughter away,” she cried out before collapsing.

i don't think i've seen an american news report quite like that. the recent newtown tragedy is a study in respectful reporting in the face of tragedy. only the families who wanted to go public with their grief were given air time. there were a number of families who wanted to deal with their sorrow in private and the news agencies respected that.

Why? the pic of the wailing sister of the first grade teacher, with a cell phone to her ears, was flashed all across. That would be etched in public memory for a long time! I don't think they took her permission to air that.
For some Indians, anything abt other indians is 'uncivilized' while the same thing or anything more than that by westerners is acceptable and 'civilized'. Even the anger, grief and sadness expressed by fellow Indians in response to a heinous crime is ridiculed. Sad!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm

even in times of deep sorrow there is such a thing as preserving one's dignity. and there are differences between cultures on how they look upon what is acceptable and what isn't. i am indian, but i do find our culture wanting in where to draw the boundaries. i noticed the same thing in how they reported nithyashree mahadevan's husband's death.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote: even in times of deep sorrow there is such a thing as preserving one's dignity. and there are differences between cultures on how they look upon what is acceptable and what isn't. i am indian, but i do find our culture wanting in where to draw the boundaries. i noticed the same thing in how they reported nithyashree mahadevan's husband's death.

Well, that's why i see a huge difference in the way indian media is reporting vs how the western media would've reported. Not a name, not a pic, not much of her personal details have come out, even after her death. She's referred to as 'brave heart', 'damini' and other nicks. Will we even know anything more abt her, i dunno.

The culture of Westerners is different. They want to make it personal. They want all the details, they want to know everything about the victim, feel for him/her and etch them in their memories. That, they feel is a way of paying tribute to the victims. Is the western media uncivilized?

I can never forget the faces of Sanjay and Gita Chopra, the kids brutally murdered by billa and ranga. Was India Today uncivilized to have posted their pictures?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

You're too Americanized man Razz Did you miss that majority appeared to be in agreement with keeping this anonymous.

what majority? which majority? The MT Sonia ji goes to the airport at 2 AM along with her foot-licking parivar, and talks to the family. The girl is taken to the crematorium at 6 AM, again with all the ministers and paramilitary at the crematorium. Was that PRIVATE? really? was she from Delhi ? One would expect the family to take her body to her town in UP. While no one can say for sure if the family is pressured or not pressured, anyone with a doublt-digit IQ can easily see that the family certainly would have been "felt" pressured or even intimidated.

Wait... she was pressured and indirectly told that it would be "better" for the family to finish all the formalities. Oh..I am sure the family was promised a bunch of compensatory packages for not talking to the press.

How do I know... well... I know. Period.

In the mean time, the game will go on.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Whether the family agreed or not, since this an act of congress govt. And has the approval of merlot it is considered majority, legal and above all pragmatic.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 am

truthbetold wrote:Whether the family agreed or not, since this an act of congress govt. And has the approval of merlot it is considered majority, legal and above all pragmatic.

I agree....only in this case, Rashmunullah and Max add to an overwhelming majority.

Why is it that the "so-called secularists" invariably have to come in direct/indirect support of the terrorists and rapists, and that too whenever death penalty is called on them?

They should have revealed the name of that girl and even named some institution after her - so that people will never forget her. Right now, her name will be in people's memory for 2 weeks, and once more briefly at her first death anniversary.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 am

The girl's family may have received some very influential visitors who can create an impression. The girls name must be known to neighbours and yhrough them to ngos. I think press is holding the name at govt request.

These are tactical issues that should be considered less important.

Indian govt and people are shamed by the incident. World watched. India's image as a modern developing nation is dented. Such image takes years to build but is lost in minutes. Peoples protest atleast showed people care and want change.

I think indian govt will at least pass some token laws to appease national and international opinion. Some ngo and private citizen may continue beyond few weeks. Courts may force some real action. Let us wait for events to unfold.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Whether the family agreed or not, since this an act of congress govt. And has the approval of merlot it is considered majority, legal and above all pragmatic.

I agree....only in this case, Rashmunullah and Max add to an overwhelming majority.

How typical of Uppili the Poopili to turn a serious discussion into a frivolous one by constantly pooping and stinking up the place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 am

...more evidence indicating Govt's interference.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 am

synopsis:

1) body kept waiting in s'pore as destination not confirmed. govt. was exploring kolkata and delhi plus wanted to fly the body in at wee hours (4 am).

2) delhi CP tried to persuade the family to conduct the last rites in ballia. the girl was born and raised in delhi! finally PMO interfered and asked the police to let the family decide where to conduct the last rites. the family decided delhi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down