Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Asians smarter?

+2
confuzzled dude
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

Are Asians smarter? Empty Are Asians smarter?

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIkvuDABvw8

They dominate in New Zealand also.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Are Asians smarter? Empty Re: Are Asians smarter?

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:57 pm

If they were, they would've thrived in their own countries.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Rishi,
which Asian are you talking about? the ones who got good education and moved to new countries to take advantage of their infrastructure? or the ones who live in Asia and work hard to survive in corrupt and incompetent societies?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rishi,
which Asian are you talking about? the ones who got good education and moved to new countries to take advantage of their infrastructure? or the ones who live in Asia and work hard to survive in corrupt and incompetent societies?

>>> This whole 'smarts' business leaves out a part of the story. Asians obviously do well on SAT's and academics, but what about the genius of the people who created the infrastructure and systems that they excel in? There could be various historic reasons as to why that didn't take place in most parts of Asia, but the West's accomplishment on this front is not inconsequential.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Well to do families in India emphasize good academic standards. Competion for good jobs in India requires g good education, that is why Indian or Asian students work very hard from the time they start school. In US not all work hard on education, they are content with being a laborer. Even the garbage picker gets good pay.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:Well to do families in India emphasize good academic standards. Competion for good jobs in India requires g good education, that is why Indian or Asian students work very hard from the time they start school. In US not all work hard on education, they are content with being a laborer. Even the garbage picker gets good pay.

*ahem* it's called dignity of labor

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 pm

ITA, Dignity of labor I learned this in USA. I am the house bhangi, ayya. mali, dhobi, Pandu, cook, driver, etc. One cannot distinguish a laborer and a CEO in USA, in the super market, they all wear same old jeans. In India one can tell who belongs to the upper class by looking at their outfits and jewelry.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:Well to do families in India emphasize good academic standards. Competion for good jobs in India requires g good education, that is why Indian or Asian students work very hard from the time they start school. In US not all work hard on education, they are content with being a laborer. Even the garbage picker gets good pay.

Dock workers in harbors reportedly make upwards of 125K/yr...However, the workers deny this saying they make only 75K/yr.

TSA at airports make anywhere from 60k to 90K.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Right, that is why American school kids do not work as hard as Asians to earn good money, they value work not prestige. They don't have wealth to go to colleges, but are content with what they earn. Meet any Indian for the first time, and their first question is "which college did you go to? Where do you work? What position are you holding?" If your answer is "I am an engineer, doctor, CEO" , then you are accepted. If your answer is "I work at head cashier in a super market, " then you are an outcast. Indian in USA are the the biggest bigots.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:Right, that is why American school kids do not work as hard as Asians to earn good money, they value work not prestige. They don't have wealth to go to colleges, but are content with what they earn. Meet any Indian for the first time, and their first question is "which college did you go to? Where do you work? What position are you holding?" If your answer is "I am an engineer, doctor, CEO" , then you are accepted. If your answer is "I work at head cashier in a super market, " then you are an outcast. Indian in USA are the the biggest bigots.

I don't think any group of American Engineers, docs, financial looters will accept a TSA agent as their pal.

After a few years, the same TSA guys feel jealous looking at the more, real "successful" people who go through the security scans. They realize that they are still at the bottom of the society despite their good income and even good living env.

I agree that Indians are one of the worst bigots and practice it across the spectrum - job, status, caste. regionalism, language, immigration status, etc...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm

"I don't think any group of American Engineers, docs, financial looters will accept a TSA agent as their pal."

They may not become pals, but they will get respect. If an Indian is a TSA agent, another Indian will huff and puff.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:"I don't think any group of American Engineers, docs, financial looters will accept a TSA agent as their pal."

They may not become pals, but they will get respect. If an Indian is a TSA agent, another Indian will huff and puff.

You are mistaking politeness with respect. Americans are always polite, smiling, and soft-spoken (for most part) while dealing with anyone - including TSA agent. That is a cultural training and should not be mistaken for respect.

Indians are rude, blunt, and intrusive with anyone while conversing. That should not be misconstrued as disrespect. Just that the reference and standards of communication are different.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Very well said MS. You hit the nail on the head.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down