Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinion piece - had hitting on India

3 posters

Go down

Opinion piece - had hitting on India Empty Opinion piece - had hitting on India

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Responding to a sanctimonious comment from an Indian, male of course, she explained that she wasn’t advocating any “invasion” on India, and added: “I think one of the reasons India gets off lightly is that a) it’s not Muslim, b) its governments are mostly Western friendly and c) many people in Western countries harbour a fondness for Indian culture — or a sanitised, romanticised version thereof. I blame The Beatles, personally.”

A girl cannot go to KG, high school, college safely. Cannot travel safely in a bus or a train. Cannot even stand alone on a street or walk down a street - day or night. cannot even go out accompanied by father, brother, husband, or anyone. Cannot walk into a police station. This is just on Women's safety.

It is (and will be easy) for me to explain to Indians why I did not want to return to India...err....Rapistan. One of my cousins with a little girl was planning to return permanently. Not seriously giving up the idea.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Opinion piece - had hitting on India Empty Re: Opinion piece - had hitting on India

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm

i agree with most of what this woman says. the western media does treat india more gingerly on the matter of women than it does islamic countries. but she is dead wrong about the connection she makes between india's image and the beatles. not the beatles but the doctors, the engineers, the scientists and university professors, the high tech entrepreneurs, and yes, the motel owners. not the beatles.

p.s: i notice that i am not the only person who has used the word medieval in connection with india's treatment of its women. and why is rasheeda bhagat bashing northindians?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Opinion piece - had hitting on India Empty Re: Opinion piece - had hitting on India

Post by Hellsangel Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Yay! You have been validated, Il Professore.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down