Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How safe is India?

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Nila
6 posters

Go down

How safe is India? Empty How safe is India?

Post by Nila Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm

It is not a safe place for women or children or anyone after 9:00 PM. Going forward please make sure you all reach home by 7:00 PM and unless otherwise one is trained to take down 10 or more people.

Even during daytime I don't have guts to take a taxi from Bangalore International Airport to my home town (50 KM away) alone. I always have to depend on family or friends to help with picking up and dropping off.

Even in America it is not safe during nights or day except few buzy streets.

Nila

Back to top Go down

How safe is India? Empty Re: How safe is India?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Sasthi wrote:It is not a safe place for women or children or anyone after 9:00 PM. Going forward please make sure you all reach home by 7:00 PM and unless otherwise one is trained to take down 10 or more people.

Even during daytime I don't have guts to take a taxi from Bangalore International Airport to my home town (50 KM away) alone. I always have to depend on family or friends to help with picking up and dropping off.

But, I think you should be very safe..... Most men are actually afraid of you....Wink

P.S. So you are not a Tamilian????...:O (unless you live in Hosur or in the jungle with Veerappan's family).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

The only safe that I know of is Singapore.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:12 pm

I wonder if wearing a bhurka will help women from being sexually attacked?

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:I wonder if wearing a bhurka will help women from being sexually attacked?

have you heard of the taliban?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:21 pm

What about the Taliban? Do the sexually attack the bhurkha wearing women? Perhaps they do. The next best solutions is for women to wear chastity belts. Smile

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:The next best solutions is for women to wear chastity belts. Smile

or they could teach their sons what's acceptable and what isn't.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Sasthi wrote:It is not a safe place for women or children or anyone after 9:00 PM. Going forward please make sure you all reach home by 7:00 PM and unless otherwise one is trained to take down 10 or more people.

But, I think you should be very safe..... Most men are actually afraid of you....Wink

P.S. So you are not a Tamilian????...:O (unless you live in Hosur or in the jungle with Veerappan's family).

I never said that I am Tamil.

Actually, it is between B'lore and Mysore.

But I did my schoolings and college in TN - my grandmom's place.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Sandee2020 wrote:I wonder if wearing a bhurka will help women from being sexually attacked?

Wearing a bhurka doesn't help. If a bhurka wearing woman were a victim in the current case. India would've been in a curfew stage now. No wonder they don't release names.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Sasthi wrote:It is not a safe place for women or children or anyone after 9:00 PM.

Hey, that is an hour longer than 8pm, means doing much better than some of us here Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Sasthi wrote:It is not a safe place for women or children or anyone after 9:00 PM.

Hey, that is an hour longer than 8pm, means doing much better than some of us here Razz

What exactly do you mean? Smile

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:46 pm

I think india as a nation has not reached the somalia stage. Large parts of urban and rural india are still safe for work time commute or grocery trip or non night time social activities.
i mean safe from rape but include groping as a regular problem.
Rape by strangers or lumpen element is probably worse in most major metropolis .
But i am not sure that most families feel afraid of sending their women to participate in work or education or social activities.
acquaintence rape, power rape are more widespread and more difficult to get ridnoff.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down