Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Delhi

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

Streets of Delhi Empty Streets of Delhi

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Why does New Delhi have streets named after tyrants like Aurangzeb but not South Indian kings like Chola, Pandiya and Pallavas?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Streets of Delhi Empty Re: Streets of Delhi

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Rishi wrote:Why does New Delhi have streets named after tyrants like Aurangzeb but not South Indian kings like Chola, Pandiya and Pallavas?

There are roads in Delhi named after subramanya bharathi, c. Rajagopalachari, krishna menon, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rishi wrote:Why does New Delhi have streets named after tyrants like Aurangzeb but not South Indian kings like Chola, Pandiya and Pallavas?

There are roads in Delhi named after subramanya bharathi, c. Rajagopalachari, krishna menon, etc.

Do you have reading comprehension problems...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Do you have reading comprehension problems...

If The implication of the OP was that Delhi roads are not named after any South Indians then I dispelled his misunderstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 am

We need a Hindu/ Sikh genocide monument dedicated to expose the mis-deeds of Aurangzeb.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 am

rawemotions wrote:We need a Hindu/ Sikh genocide monument dedicated to expose the mis-deeds of Aurangzeb.

Rawmotions, more Sikhs probably died in the pogroms of 1984, than in any mythical genocides in centuries past. Surely a staunch anti-Congress chaddi like you would know that...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:29 am

You are an ignorant idiot, if you don't even know the bloody history and torture of Sikh gurus by the Mughal emperors. At least read Wikipedia before you post here.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 am

rawemotions wrote:You are an ignorant idiot, if you don't even know the bloody history and torture of Sikh gurus by the Mughal emperors. At least read Wikipedia before you post here.

Haha..may this ignorant idiot humbly suggest you look up the meaning of the word `genocide'?

Torturing and killing an insurgent leader was normal practice in Aurangzeb's time. That doesn't make it genocide.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:50 am

Yeah! Come think of it, whatever Hitler did was all legal and whatever Washington, Jefferson, et al., did was illegal! Smile

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
rawemotions wrote:You are an ignorant idiot, if you don't even know the bloody history and torture of Sikh gurus by the Mughal emperors. At least read Wikipedia before you post here.

Haha..may this ignorant idiot humbly suggest you look up the meaning of the word `genocide'?

Torturing and killing an insurgent leader was normal practice in Aurangzeb's time. That doesn't make it genocide.

Trying to defend the indefensible.
Aren't you.?

Gurus were not kings. They rose on defense of Hindu and Sikh populations being forced to convert by sword. We all know jaziya was levied to again force Hindus to convert and e collector would spit upon Hindus to show that they are superior.

-an example of the atrocities committed by these Invaders are given below.

From contemporary historical accounts, the rulers of Madurai Sultanate come across as tyrants and persecutors of Hindus. Both Ibn Batutta's and Gangadevi's accounts contain graphic descriptions of atrocities committed by the Muslim Sultans on the Hindu population.
Ibn Batuta describes Ghiyasuddin Dhamgani's actions as:
“ the Hindu prisoners were divided into four sections and taken to each of the four gates of the great catcar. There, on the stakes they had carried, the prisoners were impaled. Afterwards their wives were killed and tied by their hair to these pales. Little children were massacred on the bosoms of their mothers and their corpses left there. Then, the camp was raised, and they started cutting down the trees of another forest. In the same manner did they treat their later Hindu prisoners. This is shameful conduct such as I have not known any other sovereign guilty of. It is for this that God hastened the death of Ghiyath-eddin.
One day whilst the Kadhi (Kazi) and I were having our food with (Ghiyazu-d-din), the Kazi to his right and I to his left, an infidel was brought before him accompanied by his wife and son aged seven years. The Sultan made a sign with his hand to the executioners to cut off the head of this man ; then he said to them in Arabic : ' and the son and the wife. ' They cut off their heads and I turned my eyes away. When I looked again, I saw their heads lying on the ground.
I was another time with the Sultan Ghiyath-eddin when a Hindu was brought into his presence. He uttered words I did not understand, and immediately several of his followers drew their daggers. I rose hurriedly, and he said to me ; ' Where are you going ' ? I replied : ' I am going to say my afternoon (4 o'clock) prayers. ' He understood my reason, smiled, and ordered the hands and feet of the idolater to be cut off. On my return I found the unfortunate swimming in his blood.[12]

Gangadevi's Madhura Vijayam declares the Muslim rule to be the pain to the three worlds:

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 am

rawemotions wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Trying to defend the indefensible.
Aren't you.?

Gurus were not kings. They rose on defense of Hindu and Sikh populations being forced to convert by sword. We all know jaziya was levied to again force Hindus to convert and e collector would spit upon Hindus to show that they are superior.

I didn't use the word king. Regardless of the cause of the insurgency, the insurgent leader was arrested, tortured and killed. That is no genocide. Period. The rest of your verbal diarrhea is irrelevant to the discussion.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 am

So threat of death in case people did not convert is not genocide.
So everybody converted without getting killed. I was because of the initial wave of killings, that the folks ran to the Sikh guru. Those killings were not genocide ?

You did not read the full text. For given below we're clear proofs chronicled by a Muslim himself of the genocide committed n people who did not convert.

All this is not genocide ? Even for a crazy indoctrinated Muslim you are full of it.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:38 am

rawemotions wrote:So threat of death in case people did not convert is not genocide.
So everybody converted without getting killed. I was because of the initial wave of killings, that the folks ran to the Sikh guru. Those killings were not genocide ?

You did not read the full text. For given below we're clear proofs chronicled by a Muslim himself of the genocide committed n people who did not convert.

All this is not genocide ? Even for a crazy indoctrinated Muslim you are full of it.

Rawmotions, don't digress. We were talking specifically about the killing of Sikh Gurus by Aurangzeb. You called it "genocide". I corrected you on that point. No more, no less.

And no, forcible conversion is not genocide. It's just forced conversion. Genocide is only if thousands of Sikh civilians were killed by Aurangzeb. Do you have any evidence of that?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
rawemotions wrote:So threat of death in case people did not convert is not genocide.

Rawmotions, don't digress. We were talking specifically about the killing of Sikh Gurus by Aurangzeb. You called it "genocide". I corrected you on that point. No more, no less.

And no, forcible conversion is not genocide. It's just forced conversion. Genocide is only if thousands of Sikh civilians were killed by Aurangzeb. Do you have any evidence of that?

going by numbers !! idhu sari alla buddhi ! I guess you just want to be pedantic, here, i should think ! Wishing you the best of health and wealth mAraiah !!!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
rawemotions wrote:We need a Hindu/ Sikh genocide monument dedicated to expose the mis-deeds of Aurangzeb.

Rawmotions, more Sikhs probably died in the pogroms of 1984, than in any mythical genocides in centuries past. Surely a staunch anti-Congress chaddi like you would know that...

Kudos.... You are catching up fast... When are you taking over from Maulana Rashmnullah?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down