Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech

+4
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
ashdoc
confuzzled dude
8 posters

Go down

Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech Empty Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:59 pm

In his speech at Nirmal, A.P, compared Modi with Kasab (a kid according to him), and suggests Modi should be hung as well. Opined that Mumbai attacks were reaction to Babri Masjid incident, though he agrees that innocent lives lost. Mocked Hindus migrated during partition and Ajanatha-Ellora & Ramjanma Bhoomi are nothing but nude & broken statues.

Social activist Shabnam Hashmi filed the complaint in Parliament Street police station drawing the attention to the speech made on December 24 in Nirmal town. In her complaint, she alleged that ‘the whole speech is highly objectionable, inflammatory’ and against country's cultural heritage.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech Empty Re: Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 am

These Owaisi brothers need to put in jail ASAP. We have had enough of this nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 am

watch from 8th minute---

https://youtu.be/AKDy3NeOgqA

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 am

Rashmun wrote:These Owaisi brothers need to put in jail ASAP. We have had enough of this nonsense.

Verdict is due tomorrow I believe but I don't expect much though.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 am

Interesting not much other media, Hindu/NDTV are reporting this. Comparing to the kind of protest in India about US film about Islam; But no protests anywhere about this hate speech. India is truly secular indeed...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 am

FluteHolder wrote:Interesting not much other media, Hindu/NDTV are reporting this. Comparing to the kind of protest in India about US film about Islam; But no protests anywhere about this hate speech. India is truly secular indeed...

especially his (indirect) support of Kasab; one would've been locked up in the U.S. for it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 am

Akbaruddin has powerful supporters like UPA, BJP, SP, Commies, BSP.

Syet Ahmed Bhukhari openly challenged congress to arrest him claiming he was a traitor...

nothing happened.

Nothing will happen no matter how many cases are filed against Akbaruddin. Nothing will change no matter how many courts and justices clear Modi in Godhra riots.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:05 am

The police registered cases under IPC Section 121 (waging or attempting to wage a war against the State) and Section 153 (A) (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, language and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) both non-bailable offences. The cases were filed after the Congress government faced widespread criticism for soft-pedalling on the issue.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:20 am

Is he deliberately provoking arrests? Is he seeking some political gains from possible riots? What is the angle here. It is difficult to believe that owaisi did this just out of anger.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 am

truthbetold wrote:Is he deliberately provoking arrests? Is he seeking some political gains from possible riots? What is the angle here. It is difficult to believe that owaisi did this just out of anger.

Polarize the electorate on communal lines. Same old game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 am

I just saw excerpts of this hate speech. In so many ways, it reminded me of the speech Varun Gandhi gave before the elections about Karimullah et al -- the one that prompted heated discussions on old CH. In this one, the names are Ellayya and Mallayya. The Owaisis are the political heirs of the Razakars, and this Owaisi goon refers to that in his speech. This party is a curse on the Muslims on Telangana, and it is a curse on the city of Hyderabad.

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:53 am

panini press wrote:I just saw excerpts of this hate speech. In so many ways, it reminded me of the speech Varun Gandhi gave before the elections about Karimullah et al -- the one that prompted heated discussions on old CH. In this one, the names are Ellayya and Mallayya. The Owaisis are the political heirs of the Razakars, and this Owaisi goon refers to that in his speech. This party is a curse on the Muslims on Telangana, and it is a curse on the city of Hyderabad.

Razakars were fighting to preserve the erstwhile state of Hyderabad. Owaisis just want to polarize the electorate in AP on communal lines so that they can reap electoral dividends. The only other party that benefits from this religious polarization is the BJP and one has to question whether there is a tacit understanding between the Owaisis and the BJP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:I just saw excerpts of this hate speech. In so many ways, it reminded me of the speech Varun Gandhi gave before the elections about Karimullah et al -- the one that prompted heated discussions on old CH. In this one, the names are Ellayya and Mallayya. The Owaisis are the political heirs of the Razakars, and this Owaisi goon refers to that in his speech. This party is a curse on the Muslims on Telangana, and it is a curse on the city of Hyderabad.

Razakars were fighting to preserve the erstwhile state of Hyderabad. Owaisis just want to polarize the electorate in AP on communal lines so that they can reap electoral dividends. The only other party that benefits from this religious polarization is the BJP and one has to question whether there is a tacit understanding between the Owaisis and the BJP.

Are you even remotely aware of atrocities committed by razakars?

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I am. My contention is that razakars also comprised hindus, and secondly there were many muslims who opposed razakars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Silk Smitha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I am. My contention is that razakars also comprised hindus, and secondly there were many muslims who opposed razakars.

How does that legitimize their atrocities?

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Silk Smitha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

How does that legitimize their atrocities?

I am not attempting to justify the atrocities of the Razakars. I am simply pointing out that this was not a straightforward hindu vs muslim fight since many muslims opposed razakars and many hindus supported them.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 pm

On a second thought, I think everyone should ignore him. All this attention made him relevant, and he might actually use this as a springboard to grow at national level.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 pm

truthbetold wrote:Is he deliberately provoking arrests? Is he seeking some political gains from possible riots? What is the angle here. It is difficult to believe that owaisi did this just out of anger.

Their goal is to expand beyond Hyd; Telanaga issue might be playing a role as well.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Their goal is to expand beyond Hyd; Telanaga issue might be playing a role as well.

since the muslim population in AP outside of hyderabad is only 5% i am not sure what electoral dividends are to be gained by behaving like this. Surely one does not expect to win assembly elections based on 5% support.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

since the muslim population in AP outside of hyderabad is only 5% i am not sure what electoral dividends are to be gained by behaving like this. Surely one does not expect to win assembly elections based on 5% support.

But it definitely was premeditated, he delivered a similar speech earlier in Nizamabad.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

But it definitely was premeditated, he delivered a similar speech earlier in Nizamabad.

Why did they not change the name of this place?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Why should they? Anyway, way too many cities with named after Muslim rulers, makes it impractical unless we model ourselves after Taliban

Nizamabad
Adilabad
Kareemnagar
Mahabubnagar
Zaheerbad

Hyderabad
Secunderabad

list goes on and on..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content