Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's political heir

3 posters

Go down

MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's  political heir  Empty MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's political heir

Post by Rishi Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:06 pm

The announcement of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi today that his son MK Stalin would be his political heir is far from surprising, although it lays to rest the speculations of a bitter power struggle within the family.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/no-match-for-karuna-but-stalin-gets-his-due-577543.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's  political heir  Empty Re: MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's political heir

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Unfortunately- political monarchies and dynasties are a reality in this world. And if that's the way it is (*and most politicians are corrupt)..good it's not Alagiri or Kanimozhi.

Stalin is the best in that family/clan. At least based on public appearances in person, he is smart, dignified with decent leadership qualities.. knows what he talks about and seems to be pretty well informed about the Govt Affairs. From what I know..he also responds quickly to people who contact him for assistance via his website- his cordial relationship with opponents/rivals- esp. Jayalalitha even when the rivalry is bitter at time.. is well known.

Have heard good things about his son Udhayanidhi as a movie producer/maker..hardworking and professional in his dealings.

Being part of some political families whether it is a Kennedy, Bhutto, Bush, Gandhi or Karunanidhi..comes with good and bad..mega benefits, connections, expectations and burdens..as Benazir memorably said in her last essay.."I did not choose my life, it chose me"..some like her- pay a big price for it.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's  political heir  Empty Re: MK Stalin would be Karunanidhi's political heir

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:35 pm

>> Kennedy, Bhutto, Bush, Gandhi or Karunanidhi..

There is difference between Kennedy, Bush family and others. Kennedy, Bush name gave them an advantage but they did not inherit the position. They contested and won, of course with the family name and family friends. It was not a surew thing. Kennedy lost. Bush fought a tough battle and won. Not the case with Rajiv, Benazir or Stalin

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> Kennedy, Bhutto, Bush, Gandhi or Karunanidhi..

There is difference between Kennedy, Bush family and others. Kennedy, Bush name gave them an advantage but they did not inherit the position. They contested and won, of course with the family name and family friends. It was not a surew thing. Kennedy lost. Bush fought a tough battle and won. Not the case with Rajiv, Benazir or Stalin

Obviously, there are similarities and a lot of individual differences (and differences between the parents and children- once they come to power too).

Just as in the Kennedy or Bush family..it will be upto the people to vote- and elect/not elect the nominated heir (s). As you know, Stalin has contested and has been reelected several times (in tough elections), Rajiv was elected too..Benazir was the first woman to be elected PM in Pakistan (don't know much about the background of the elections).

I wonder who will be Jayalalitha's heir..who she is grooming in her mould..to lead her party.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Googled..and found this old news item..

http://zeenews.india.com/news/states/i-m-the-political-heir-of-mgr-jayalalitha_418718.html

Interesting to read parts of it..

"It was MGR who helped DMK founder C N Annadurai to ascend the throne (chief ministership)," she said."

and

"Jaya said she had now come to Ramavaram Garden on MGR's birth anniversary at the invitation of his family members living nearby. "This is my home. I've every right to come here. I'll visit the place whenever I want", she said."

The first statement was not really true, at least it was mutual ascension of power (it was Anna who was the Godfather of all- enhanced the popularity- made a big star MGR a superstar with party followers) ..the second statement..no comment, if she feels his house was her home..it's her right to feel so.

Am done with this thread:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down