Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero Dark Thirty

3 posters

Go down

Zero Dark Thirty Empty Zero Dark Thirty

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm

I watched this movie over the weekend. The movie was generally well made, keeps moving at a quick pace, and does a good job of capturing the changing dynamics of the war on terror. The only complaint I had was with the portrayal that torture led to some intelligence that eventually identified bin Laden's location, which experts say was not the case in reality. As we were leaving, I heard multiple people asking their companions, why was it called "Zero Dark Thirty" and what does that mean? I gather it's a reference to the time 12:30 am. Another intriguing thing for me was the banner Annapurna Films. Anything to do with Annapurna Studios?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Zero Dark Thirty Empty Re: Zero Dark Thirty

Post by bw Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:26 pm

it was founded by larry ellison's daughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annapurna_Pictures

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Thank you! I wonder why she called it Annapurna Pictures. Perhaps the mountain?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 am

panini press wrote:I watched this movie over the weekend. The movie was generally well made, keeps moving at a quick pace, and does a good job of capturing the changing dynamics of the war on terror. The only complaint I had was with the portrayal that torture led to some intelligence that eventually identified bin Laden's location, which experts say was not the case in reality. As we were leaving, I heard multiple people asking their companions, why was it called "Zero Dark Thirty" and what does that mean? I gather it's a reference to the time 12:30 am. Another intriguing thing for me was the banner Annapurna Films. Anything to do with Annapurna Studios?

>>>>I saw it last night. The first hour was a bit slow for me. I thought maybe the movie had been hyped up, but it got on track after that. Pakistan's duplicity was suggested very heavily. The dialogues were tinged with humor in places, despite being a heavy theme. I actually laughed out loud when the guy modulated his voice to that of a local when he calls out to the guy khalid and later calls out 'osama, osama'. I think the name annapurna may have some buddhist connection. Ellison's daughter may have some exposure to Buddhism, I think.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down