Forgiveness of sin in the Vedas Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgiveness of sin in the Vedas

3 posters

Go down

Forgiveness of sin in the Vedas Empty Forgiveness of sin in the Vedas

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 am

Statement:

As I went through our Vedas I found in one of them this statement: “SARWA PAPA PARIHARO RAKTHA PROKSHANAM AVASHYAM THAD RAKTHA PARAMATMENA PONYADANA BALIYAGAM” (For the expiation (or remission) of every sin there should be blood shed and that blood should belong to a divine person who is holy and without any sin or curse)”’.... Rajeev15 (“Testimony of Paravasthu Surya Narayana” -- http://creative.sulekha.com//testimony-of-paravasthu-surya-narayana_134454_blog)

Comment:

Can you give the exact reference from the Veda to the above statement you wrote?

Here is something on expiation (or remission) of sin from the Vedas for your information,

“If we have sinned against the man who loves us, have ever wronged a brother, friend, or comrade, The neighbor ever with us, or a stranger -- O’ God, remove from us the trespass (sin).” Rig Veda (Book 5, Hymn 85.7)

"O Agni (God)...each fault done in a village or in forest, in society or mind, each sinful act that we have committed to Shudra or Vaishya or by preventing a religious act, even of that sin, you are the expiation..." Yajur Veda (Kanda 1, Prapathaka 8, Hymn i.8.3.d)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Forgiveness of sin in the Vedas Empty Re: Forgiveness of sin in the Vedas

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Seva, anything more on that verse? (sarva paspa....) where is it from, what exactly is its meaning?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:20 pm

What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas - So donot worry much Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:21 pm

this has nothing to do with it Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:31 pm

FluteHolder wrote:What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas - So donot worry much Smile

Flutie, you are on a roll today! Laughing

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:25 am

Kinnera wrote:Seva, anything more on that verse? (sarva paspa....) where is it from, what exactly is its meaning?

Kinnera, the guy who posted that link on Sulekha (on sarva papas ... [url=http://creative.sulekha.com//testimony-of-paravasthu-surya-narayana_134454_blog) never]http://creative.sulekha.com//testimony-of-paravasthu-surya-narayana_134454_blog) never[/url] responded to my comment / question.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:26 am

Bump for Sevaji. I noticed that the above verse is being quoted and used for Christian propaganda. When I googled for it, your post showed up. I'm wondering if this verse is really there in the vedas. If so, what's the hindu interpretation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:33 am

I missed your post by a second Smile. Thanks, will look in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:35 am

Kinnera wrote:Bump for Sevaji. I noticed that the above verse is being quoted and used for Christian propaganda. When I googled for it, your post showed up. I'm wondering if this verse is really there in the vedas. If so, what's the hindu interpretation?

He wrote in the Sulekha link that the statement / verse ("SARWA PAPA PARIHARO RAKTHA PROKSHANAM AVASHYAM THAD RAKTHA PARAMATMENA PONYADANA BALIYAGAM”) is from the Vedas, but did not give / list the proper ref. (which Veda and verse number etc.?). I think it is just a bogus ref. / statement by him, while using even the Sanskrit language to post some nonsense under the Vedic tag.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Bump for Sevaji. I noticed that the above verse is being quoted and used for Christian propaganda. When I googled for it, your post showed up. I'm wondering if this verse is really there in the vedas. If so, what's the hindu interpretation?

He wrote in the Sulekha link that the statement / verse ("SARWA PAPA PARIHARO RAKTHA PROKSHANAM AVASHYAM THAD RAKTHA PARAMATMENA PONYADANA BALIYAGAM”) is from the Vedas, but did not give / list the proper ref. (which Veda and verse number etc.?). I think it is just a bogus ref. / statement by him, while using even the Sanskrit language to post some nonsense under the Vedic tag.
Yup! That is what my suspicion was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down