Rahul Gandhi drama Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rahul Gandhi drama

4 posters

Go down

Rahul Gandhi drama Empty Rahul Gandhi drama

Post by Rishi Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 am

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/my-mother-cried-for-me-she-understands-power-is-poison-rahul-595441.html

“My mother came to my room and cried… because she understands that power is poison,” Rahul Gandhi said in a highly emotional speech after taking over the new mantle.

Striking a personal note, the 42-year-old leader in his maiden address as party Vice-President, recalled the moment when his mother and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi walked into his room last night.

“Last night each one of you congratulated me. My mother came to my room and she sat with me and she cried… because she understands that power so many people seek is actually a poison,” Rahul said at the AICC session here.

He recalled the time his grandmother and the then Prime Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984 by security guards with whom he used to play badminton as “friends” and how his father Rajiv Gandhi, who was himself “broken inside”, showed a “glimmer of hope” to the people.

Rahul Gandhi hugged his mother after the speech. PTI
The young leader received a standing ovation by the audience which included Sonia and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh when he said “We should not chase power, only use it to empower others.”

He said his mother could see that power is poison “because she is not attached to it. The only antidote to this poison for all of us to see what it really is and not become attached to it. We should not chase power for the attributes of power. We should only use it to empower the voices.”

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Rahul Gandhi drama Empty Re: Rahul Gandhi drama

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 am

Wow, he talks about power like it is The One Ring!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 am

Everyone is talking about power, not accountability --that is more important for India.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:47 am

goodcitizn wrote:Everyone is talking about power, not accountability --that is more important for India.
How can you say that? Everyone is indeed talking/thinking about 'accounts' in swiss/italy/etc and how to convert them to legitimate funds with the help of PC and his clan..

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:52 am

FluteHolder wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Everyone is talking about power, not accountability --that is more important for India.
How can you say that? Everyone is indeed talking/thinking about 'accounts' in swiss/italy/etc and how to convert them to legitimate funds with the help of PC and his clan..

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down