ROFLMAO @ Sulekha CH Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROFLMAO @ Sulekha CH

+3
indophile
Rekz
CroMagnon
7 posters

Go down

ROFLMAO @ Sulekha CH Empty ROFLMAO @ Sulekha CH

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Someone has found a new bug. Seems like if you post a really really long word in the title, it messes up the main page.

You now can't see the name of the poster. Seems like the same bug makes the page list disappear so you cannot go back and see previous posts either.

PS: For the benefit of those who might peak in - there is a workaround.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

ROFLMAO @ Sulekha CH Empty Re: ROFLMAO @ Sulekha CH

Post by Rekz Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Sulekha killer bug=Another Brick
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I thought the sulekha techies were fixing it, but messed it up in the process again.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:01 pm

CroMagnon wrote:Someone has found a new bug. Seems like if you post a really really long word in the title, it messes up the main page.

You now can't see the name of the poster. Seems like the same bug makes the page list disappear so you cannot go back and see previous posts either.

PS: For the benefit of those who might peak in - there is a workaround.

Is this the longest word in English (from Mary Poppins)?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

kinnera wrote:I thought the sulekha techies were fixing it, but messed it up in the process again.
Hope springs eternal, doesn't it! I don't think Sulekha is doing anything to fix it. After all, it is 6 weeks since the thread-killing began, and they haven't even acknowledged that there is a problem. It would have taken them one person-week to take an open source platform and completely replace CH with a glitch-free, community-moderated forum with far more features. (The new site I created at http://ch.chaikaapi.com is one such -- Sulekha could have easily implemented that themselves. It took me perhaps 40 hours over two weeks to do it, and I am not even a programmer any more.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm

indophile wrote:Is this the longest word in English (from Mary Poppins)?

From memory, the longest english word is either a medical term of name of a chemical. It is extremely long because it lists its constituents (e.g. trimethylbutylacetic.....) and technically not considered an English word.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:12 pm

charvaka wrote:
kinnera wrote:I thought the sulekha techies were fixing it, but messed it up in the process again.
Hope springs eternal, doesn't it! I don't think Sulekha is doing anything to fix it. After all, it is 6 weeks since the thread-killing began, and they haven't even acknowledged that there is a problem. It would have taken them one person-week to take an open source platform and completely replace CH with a glitch-free, community-moderated forum with far more features. (The new site I created at http://ch.chaikaapi.com is one such -- Sulekha could have easily implemented that themselves. It took me perhaps 40 hours over two weeks to do it, and I am not even a programmer any more.)

Many times I feel that they *don't want* to fix it. They want it to die slowly.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:18 pm

kinnera wrote:Many times I feel that they *don't want* to fix it. They want it to die slowly.

In the absence of any word from Sulekha, it is all conjecture, but the simplest explanation is that fixing/running the forums provides no RoI to Sulekha stakeholders.

They may be reluctant to pull the plug completely because of the risk of alienating the patrons. By letting it die slowly, they are only making the situation worse.

The other theory I have is that Team Sulekha felt that like most Indians, CHers will deal with whatever crap is dished out to them. That they turned out to be wrong (mostly) might not have hit them yet.

CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm

@ Cro:

I don't understand how the ones who stayed back are putting up with that crap. Reminds me of the mice that refuse to move out even when the cheese starts to get depleted in the room, from 'who moved my cheese'.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:39 pm

kinnera wrote:@ Cro:

I don't understand how the ones who stayed back are putting up with that crap. Reminds me of the mice that refuse to move out even when the cheese starts to get depleted in the room, from 'who moved my cheese'.

We have had this discussion before. There is no rational reason to stick to that forum. Mostly, people are sticking to old CH for the following 2 reasons.

• This forum was created or pioneered by one of their antagonists

• A misplaced notion that "sticking to an abusive husband" is somehow loyalty

Some others might not have moved due to inertia. They might have been sick of CH and this bug merely made them break free of the umbilical cord that tied them to CH.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:40 pm

kinnera wrote:

ఎవరో వస్తారని ఏదో చేస్తారని ఎదురుచూపులు...

In the beginning (a month ago), there was at least some reason for them to think this way. Now it is just a matter of ego.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 pm

charvaka wrote:In the beginning (a month ago), there was at least some reason for them to think this way.

No there wasn't. From what I have heard, Sulekha has been bitten by many bugs in the past and they have never provided any solution. In the world where technology is providing innovative features, Suelkha has been taking features away from their forums.

The only reason for someone to stick to Sulekha was the CH family of posters. That is why Some Profile suggested we all move.

charvaka wrote:Now it is just a matter of ego.

For some, it was always about ego. e.g. If TS had opened a new forum, QB would have moved immediately or vice versa.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:02 pm

People were adding the To addressee in the subject line of the post. They can now also add the From poster in the subject line.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:People were adding the To addressee in the subject line of the post. They can now also add the From poster in the subject line.

LOL
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:People were adding the To addressee in the subject line of the post. They can now also add the From poster in the subject line.
lol! I hope QB reads this suggestion here and implements it there.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:09 pm

charvaka wrote:

I'm glad HA suggested it here. Thanks to the ego, now they might not implement it there :-)
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:26 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
charvaka wrote:

I'm glad HA suggested it here. Thanks to the ego, now they might not implement it there :-)
A day or two ago, QB promised that when the time is right, she will tell CHers where to go. She promised to create a new forum to provide people an alternative to fucked up Sulekha. She is only a month behind us.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 pm

charvaka wrote:A day or two ago, QB promised that when the time is right, she will tell CHers where to go. She promised to create a new forum to provide people an alternative to fucked up Sulekha. She is only a month behind us.

If QB created a new forum, it will be epic. I don't think anyone will move to that forum. They have dug such a big hole for themselves, that they cannot come out of it now.

PS: Who knows, they may find a way to rationalize that as well.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
charvaka wrote:In the beginning (a month ago), there was at least some reason for them to think this way.

No there wasn't. From what I have heard, Sulekha has been bitten by many bugs in the past and they have never provided any solution. In the world where technology is providing innovative features, Suelkha has been taking features away from their forums.

There has never been any bug - discovered - until recently. There were only abusive posters and personal attacks. prior bugs are all in their own minds.

Don't expect the left over people to come here. Now it is way beyond pride and ego - irrespective of whatever is claimed. They might browse this site and the CEO might scout out frequently undercover. Other than that, no one will will post here. The former critics are now branded tormentors - making ThOmas padre a Pope in their eyes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:23 am

CroMagnon wrote:
If QB created a new forum, it will be epic. I don't think anyone will move to that forum.

Yeah, that is why I found it funny.

Queen Bee on old CH wrote:i m motivated to make a forum like sulekha and give you all a safe  haven to post...but then how different would i be from carvaka? post here as much as you want and when you get tired...i will give you links where to go.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/re-shabash-sania-mirza-malik-another-grand-slam-final-3-for-rs-1119086.htm#1119095
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:09 am

CroMagnon wrote:
indophile wrote:Is this the longest word in English (from Mary Poppins)?

From memory, the longest english word is either a medical term of name of a chemical. It is extremely long because it lists its constituents (e.g. trimethylbutylacetic.....) and technically not considered an English word.

I think it's pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosises.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:57 am

I typed in a long message in the morning and I hit send... but I had lost my wireless connection.

If it were Sulekha CH, I would have no recourse if I hadn't backed up the message in notepad. But not here. I could hit back, accept to resent form data and the message got posted!

Another simple thing which Sulekha doesn't provide.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 am

HK had some e-mail correspondence with Satya and he mentioned that Satya didn't want to do anything about CH via notes to SomeProfile. But, when SP brought that up in a discussion here HK pleaded ignorance and later said something on the lines that it was a private message...

not sure of how true all this was...

dig up the archives (!!) of new CH you will find it...

or maybe SP and Hk can chime in...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Who cares.... Sulekha is a business.If it does not care to address the concern of its patrons and "reciprocate" the loyalty shown by its members, then it does not deserve those loyal members. Apply the same Sulekha model and the members should do whatever they want at whichever site they like.

Those still holding onto the Old-CH dearly are like the many of us who hold on to some failed, losing stock for sentimental and non-business reasons. Or, those still using Netscape browser (it is still alive with upgrades).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down