oscar predictions Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oscar predictions

3 posters

Go down

oscar predictions Empty oscar predictions

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 am

I am not on top of all the buzz going around.
If i had a vote, i will pick daniel day for best actor, steven for best director and Lincoln for best film.
argo seems to be favorite for best film.
This is the first time in a while to have so many successful good movies in the running.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

oscar predictions Empty Re: oscar predictions

Post by Maria S Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 am

Good Morning TBT!

I have seen only two movies nominated for best pic- Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook- so, can't really pick the movie this time!

But, if I had to vote- I would vote for Silver Linings PlayBook- in all categories it has been nominated..*but being realistic..and unless it's an upset, not going to happen!

*Jennifer Lawrence from SLPB has a good chance-to win Best Actress.

*Daniel Day Lewis has a good chance- to win Best Actor.

I would also like to see Adele's "Skyfall" - win best song.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 am

I am not a Nate Silver fan..but, for those who may like to see what his Oscar predictions are:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/22/oscar-predictions-election-style/
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 am

Maria S wrote:Good Morning TBT!

I have seen only two movies nominated for best pic- Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook- so, can't really pick the movie this time!

But, if I had to vote- I would vote for Silver Linings PlayBook- in all categories it has been nominated..*but being realistic..and unless it's an upset, not going to happen!

*Jennifer Lawrence from SLPB has a good chance-to win Best Actress.

*Daniel Day Lewis has a good chance- to win Best Actor.

I would also like to see Adele's "Skyfall" - win best song.

YES! I got all three - right!Smile

What a long night.

*Did not care much for Seth McFarlane's hosting style.

*Did not care much for FLOTUS- Ms. Michelle as much as I like her- being included in the "awarding part".
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am

The different standards when it comes to blatant sexism- attitudes and vulgarity between the "Modern West" and "Ancient Other cultures" is something..

I suppose when a guy like Seth sings.."I saw your boobs" in front billions people (families included)..it is funny..but, if a hip-hop guy sings about it or a bunch of guys at any local bus stop sing "I saw your boobs" (in colorful local terms- English does make all kinds of disgusting stuff look sophisticated) it's eve-teasing.

Not to mention so called "liberal/progressive people" and parody sites like the Onion tweet- vulgarity disguised as humor...even when it comes to a 9 year old girl.. which is even more disgusting.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/25/the-onion-tweets-that-quvenzhan-wallis-is-a-cunt.html.

And some foolish modern women dismiss it as "satire" or grab the offensive the terms men generously imitate them to swear/make fun..

Interesting indeed.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Seth McFarlane was flat. i like billy crystal and i think one year, whoopi goldberg also hosted. she was hilarious.

M akka, i got lots of messages for you. seriously, check your email in about 6 hours and 22 minutes. i have a youtube link for you.

i really want to watch Lincoln.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 pm

It was more than flat..he was blatantly sexist.

Enough is enough..

People are finally becoming tired of "insults" disguised as free speech and humor and "meanness" as some kind brilliant critique (no one needs any intelligence to tear people down)..After I posted here about the vile stuff and a whole lot of people, condemning it.. what The Onion tweeted..now they issued an apology. We can accept the apology..but, the impression will never go away.

http://news.yahoo.com/onion-apologizes-crude-actress-tweet-184146991.html

On a much better note, I will check messages:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down