New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers

+4
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Uppili
8 posters

Go down

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers Empty New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers

Post by Uppili Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:45 pm

...oh...wait for 2 years...The Brilliant tutorials will refine their "coaching" papers and find a way to implement the traditional Indian studying concepts.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers Empty Re: New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 am

Uppili wrote:...oh...wait for 2 years...The Brilliant tutorials will refine their "coaching" papers and find a way to implement the traditional Indian studying concepts.
here's a comment from a person who's apparently angry and upset about the physics exam:

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers 12515762
Prem Rajbahr (Mumbai) 2 mins ago

It is unfair with students .Colleges ,Tution classes ,students has no clue about exam pattern ,time table . Government has made joke and experimenting with students carrier.. disgusting and shameful people handling administration....from top to bottom

one hopes that he's not required to take his english exam any time soon.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers Empty Re: New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers

Post by Uppili Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Uppili wrote:...oh...wait for 2 years...The Brilliant tutorials will refine their "coaching" papers and find a way to implement the traditional Indian studying concepts.
here's a comment from a person who's apparently angry and upset about the physics exam:

It is unfair with students .Colleges ,Tution classes ,students has no clue about exam pattern ,time table . Government has made joke and experimenting with students carrier.. disgusting and shameful people handling administration....from top to bottom

His English may be quesionable - but still we can understand.

But, when it comes to math and physics - there is no "almost right" or crossing the river half way.

If the IIT Entrance exams are to be abolished and the 12th grade results are going to be the basis, then the standards need to be tightened and applying the concepts should be given importance.

Now, wait for the pressure to build up and our expert politicians (and even Anna ji, Katlu ji, and Laloo ji) to interfere citing caste unfairness.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:one hopes that he's not required to take his english exam any time soon.
uncleji, i am sure you hope that for eVeRRYONe here and EvVeRrRyDAy, don't you? uimaaaaa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:one hopes that he's not required to take his english exam any time soon.
uncleji, i am sure you hope that for eVeRRYONe here and EvVeRrRyDAy, don't you? uimaaaaa.

Sleep

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Good for you. Now you can supplement your income by correcting the grammar and spelling on the Times Of India website as well.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Good for you. Now you can supplement your income by correcting the grammar and spelling on the Times Of India website as well.
you seem to be upset by my post on a comment made by a prem rajbahr of mumbai. i note that you changed your signature to:

"Our tax dollars - paying for old KK Thomass social security and Medicare."

i couldn't have guessed that you'd be so upset by my comment about an unknown person's use of the english language. i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings.

there was another person, [Name removed by Admin], at old sulekha, who used to be equally upset about my comments on how indians slaughtered the english language. are you two friends? do you both work for the same company? what is its name? may i guess?

Admin's note: This post was edited by Admin due to a violation of security policy.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:there was another person, [Name removed by Admin], at old sulekha, who used to be equally upset about my comments on how indians slaughtered the english language. are you two friends? do you both work for the same company? what is its name? may i guess?
elephant nahi dikh raha, sorry. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:there was another person, [Name removed by Admin], at old sulekha, who used to be equally upset about my comments on how indians slaughtered the english language. are you two friends? do you both work for the same company? what is its name? may i guess?
sorry, me spiki no northindian.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
*pinch*

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-VFojTqFPjMHL_z-gGmSYCxSswgBym2Yrpo0OVwJtpNQDmuPe

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm

admin, please delete jeremiah dogturd's post since he's exposing the purported name of a user. he thinks he's being clever about it, much like he feels he's a virile 68 yr old when in reality he's a lonely, bitter old fart running a defunct consultancy doing "operations research" and hasnt cleared 110k in the past 24 yrs since it was founded in an university town of not insignificant size, the name of which might or might not be arlington.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

In fairness the entire thread needs to be deleted.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
*pinch*

scratch

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:admin, please delete jeremiah dogturd's post since he's exposing the purported name of a user. he thinks he's being clever about it, much like he feels he's a virile 68 yr old when in reality he's a lonely, bitter old fart running a defunct consultancy doing "operations research" and hasnt cleared 110k in the past 24 yrs since it was founded in an university town of not insignificant size, the name of which might or might not be arlington.
angry? upset? whining now?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 pm

I see that there are multiple privacy violations on this thread. Here is the relevant policy. https://such.forumotion.com/t10246-such-privacy-policy

I encourage the affected parties in each violation to request the removal of private information as laid out clearly in the policy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:admin, please delete jeremiah dogturd's post since he's exposing the purported name of a user. he thinks he's being clever about it, much like he feels he's a virile 68 yr old when in reality he's a lonely, bitter old fart running a defunct consultancy doing "operations research" and hasnt cleared 110k in the past 24 yrs since it was founded in an university town of not insignificant size, the name of which might or might not be arlington.

which part gave it away, the one where i called you a dog turd? or the piece where I highlighted your professional failures?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Good for you. Now you can supplement your income by correcting the grammar and spelling on the Times Of India website as well.
you seem to be upset by my post on a comment made by a prem rajbahr of mumbai. i note that you changed your signature to:

"Our tax dollars - paying for old KK Thomass social security and Medicare."

i couldn't have guessed that you'd be so upset by my comment about an unknown person's use of the english language. i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings.

there was another person, [Name removed by Admin], at old sulekha, who used to be equally upset about my comments on how indians slaughtered the english language. are you two friends? do you both work for the same company? what is its name? may i guess?
i see that you've now changed the name in your signature to the initials, "KKT." were you advised by [Name removed by Admin] that "cleverly" changing the name to three initials, KKT, would not violate the recently-contrived rules? does "[Name removed by Admin]" for [Name removed by Admin] violate the rules?

Admin's note to all: This post has been edited by Admin due to a violation of privacy policy. JM, this is your second violation of policy.

I do not have the authority to delete any of the other information on this thread without a request from the affected parties. I hope the affected parties see fit to request those deletions.

Admin's note to JM: This is your second violation of privacy policy.

The privacy policy covers any information regarding a member that the member considers private. If you find the disclosure of any particular set of initials to violate your privacy, all you need to do is raise it with me. The policy does not provide for unilateral deletions by Admin without such a request from either you or the person who made the disclosure. If you disagree with the stated policy, you are welcome to suggest changes on the policy thread.

As Admin, I am nobody's friend or enemy. I have enforced the rules fairly and equitably. Do not violate the policies of this forum any more.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

which part gave it away, the one where i called you a dog turd? or the piece where I highlighted your professional failures?

Propa, even a child can make out that JM is your intellectual superior and much brighter than you can ever hope to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Propa, even a child can make out that JM is your intellectual superior and much brighter than you can ever hope to be.

doucheman, even a child can see that you like to eat phlegmy's poop with a plastic spoon in great tongue smacking relish.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

doucheman, even a child can see that you like to eat phlegmy's poop with a plastic spoon in great tongue smacking relish.

Propa, let us hope your children do not imitate you so that they end up using the foul and filthy language you like to indulge in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm

couple of weeks ago when i was shopping at valley fair mall, i bumped into an elderly woman. I was on the phone with a friend, she was going somewhere in her own dhun too. we didn't see each other coming.

so i apologised and was about to go when she stopped me and started lecturing. " walking and talking on mobile is like texting and driving i mean da #$%^&*()
its bad manners. you don't see whats going on around...blah blah blah

how do you guys feel about random people giving you etiquette lessons on the street?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:angry? upset? whining now?

Propa, let us hope your children do not imitate you so that they end up using the foul and filthy language you like to indulge in.

doucheman, I started ignoring you about a week ago and it's been a great relief, much like the relief you get when you cough out a pesky lougie. I'm putting you back on ignore again.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

doucheman, I started ignoring you about a week ago and it's been a great relief, much like the relief you get when you cough out a pesky lougie. I'm putting you back on ignore again.

Propa, looks like you decided to run away with your tail between your legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 pm

seven wrote:couple of weeks ago when i was shopping at valley fair mall, i bumped into an elderly woman. I was on the phone with a friend, she was going somewhere in her own dhun too. we didn't see each other coming.

so i apologised and was about to go when she stopped me and started lecturing. " walking and talking on mobile is like texting and driving i mean da #$%^&*()

how do you guys feel about random people giving you etiquette lessons on the street?

Did you agree that you made a mistake ?

Then listen to the advice - especially if the person is older.

Few months back there was this homless guy smoking a cigarette near the door. I sneaked in between him and a nearby lamp post. Dont think I hit him or even touched him. He came after me saying that I brushed him and I entered his "Space".. I just looked at his face and told him "Yeah right..." and kept walking. If I had stepped no him or knocked him down I would have behaved differently.

So young woman...you should learn to respect Old people and listen to their advice.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

seven wrote:couple of weeks ago when i was shopping at valley fair mall, i bumped into an elderly woman. I was on the phone with a friend, she was going somewhere in her own dhun too. we didn't see each other coming.

The best would be if she lectured you right after getting off the phone herself, and picked up her phone while walking to make another call right after she lectured you. Those are the best lectures.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:14 pm

panini press wrote:The best would be if she lectured you right after getting off the phone herself, and picked up her phone while walking to make another call right after she lectured you. Those are the best lectures.

We see a lot of those lately on SUCH.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Two years ago when we went cruising, my son and nephew would always run the hallways. From room to other places, and back. Never walked. They were warned by this crabby old lady. After that, we parents would tell them to not thump it, but who listens. The noise would be more if their newfound friends would run along too. There were other kids in our wing too who did that.

One day she had had it, and unluckily it was my kids (along with niece/nephew and their friends) who were the culprits, and worse, they all came into my room. So she followed them, and came in and began yelling at me infront of all the kids, telling how they disturbed her and her husband "all day" (when they would be in their day care more than half the day), and that she will report us to the cruise management and have us get out at the next port. I apologized and said that I will make sure this doesn't happen. She continued yelling and threatening. I apologized again, and told my kids to never do that again. She continued yelling. This time I got a little defensive and said that there are other kids on the wing too. She said she looks out everytime, and it's always my kids. Then she threatened to report to the management again and have us kicked out. By now I have had it. I said, 'Ok go ahead. Do that'. She stood there dumbfounded. I said, 'I mean I said I will take care now...' So she made a pout, turned around and marched back. Then she went to her room, and banged close her door. So I went and banged my door too.

We never saw her ever again. My neice was sorta wowed by me, saying, "I loved how mausi dared her to go ahead". Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Two years ago when we went cruising, my son and nephew would always run the hallways. From room to other places, and back. Never walked. They were warned by this crabby old lady. After that, we parents would tell them to not thump it, but who listens. The noise would be more if their newfound friends would run along too. There were other kids in our wing too who did that.

One day she had had it, and unluckily it was my kids (along with niece/nephew and their friends) who were the culprits, and worse, they all came into my room. So she followed them, and came in and began yelling at me infront of all the kids, telling how they disturbed her and her husband "all day" (when they would be in their day care more than half the day), and that she will report us to the cruise management and have us get out at the next port. I apologized and said that I will make sure this doesn't happen. She continued yelling and threatening. I apologized again, and told my kids to never do that again. She continued yelling. This time I got a little defensive and said that there are other kids on the wing too. She said she looks out everytime, and it's always my kids. Then she threatened to report to the management again and have us kicked out. By now I have had it. I said, 'Ok go ahead. Do that'. She stood there dumbfounded. I said, 'I mean I said I will take care now...' So she made a pout, turned around and marched back. Then she went to her room, and banged close her door. So I went and banged my door too.

We never saw her ever again. My neice was sorta wowed by me, saying, "I loved how mausi dared her to go ahead". Cool

That is why old people should not be allowed on disney cruises. This is why old people avoid Carnival...mostly college kids go in them and lol completely ruin it for old people. We chose royal caribbean..fewer kids and a mix of old and young people.

what was she doing in her cabin all day anyway Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

panileni paparao wrote:

The best would be if she lectured you right after getting off the phone herself, and picked up her phone while walking to make another call right after she lectured you. Those are the best lectures.

she wasn't on the phone...but you're prolly not talking about her anyway...another id? i almost didnt notice, PP Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm

seven wrote:
panileni paparao wrote:

she wasn't on the phone...but you're prolly not talking about her anyway...another id? i almost didnt notice, PP Very Happy
Haha, yes. SS calls me this and I like the name, so time for a change.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Few months back there was this homless guy smoking a cigarette near the door. I sneaked in between him and a nearby lamp post. Dont think I hit him or even touched him. He came after me saying that I brushed him and I entered his "Space".. I just looked at his face and told him "Yeah right..." and kept walking. If I had stepped no him or knocked him down I would have behaved differently.

So young woman...you should learn to respect Old people and listen to their advice.

I already listen to their advice. and i wasn't the only one at fault. she didnt see me either!
as for ur comparison...i didnt wait for her to finish her lecture either. shook my head in disbelief and went ahead...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:11 pm

difficult bcz they couldn't answer 99% of the questions perhaps.
i remember our maths teacher, tiwari sir, used to say in their time, if a student scored 60% marks, it would mean he knew 60% of the syllabus. In our time (when we were studying), everyone scored above 90%. It doesn't mean we knew 90% of the syllabus. We solved past 10 years question papers and solved them again. Thats how we knew what to study and what to ignore.

These kids prolly did'nt know what to focus on. It's almost always impossible to study and learn ALL of the syllabus. old or new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

seven wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I already listen to their advice. and i wasn't the only one at fault. she didnt see me either!
as for ur comparison...i didnt wait for her to finish her lecture either. shook my head in disbelief and went ahead...

yeah, what was her excuse... some advices are well meant. When I was still a student here, left my big wallet on the cart while going to fetch something (I usually would carry just backpacks, and they were too big to carry everywhere, I was preggo too). This old lady stood by my cart till I came back to watch over it. Then when I came back, she told me she did that, and to never ever do that again. I thanked her sheepishly, and ya, never made the mistake again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

seven wrote:

That is why old people should not be allowed on disney cruises. This is why old people avoid Carnival...mostly college kids go in them and lol completely ruin it for old people. We chose royal caribbean..fewer kids and a mix of old and young people.

what was she doing in her cabin all day anyway Razz

ok...its Carnival then. I will do a Jack Nicholson to the college girls.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:17 am

why? after all, his examiners (who may or may not be the "dean" of the university) are used to experiencing dipphhaaRRant diffarrAAnt flavors of English usage evvWWWrryyy ddDDAy.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

one time I went on a cruise and also had someone be rude to me. so there.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

why? after all, his examiners (who may or may not be the "dean" of the university) are used to experiencing dipphhaaRRant diffarrAAnt flavors of English usage evvWWWrryyy ddDDAy.

phelgmeshwari and douchemuni are looking to land lucrative careers as proof readers of indian online news mags and administrator/janitor at a hindi prachar sabha respectively so they can retire and be virile in online forums without worrying abt earning a living.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:

captain, here again, at 0:43 min, is the dedicated dr. n. b. bhonsle, "deputy dean" of k.e.m. hospital in mumbai:

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/127651/doctors-turn-sweepers-to-maintain-hygiene.html

don't forget to also watch the fervent dr. aswin sah, intern, at 1:03.

you didn't get the "every" right; there's not a single 'v' in it. it's "ewwwery." your "dDipherRaantT" was good.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:

captain, here again, at 0:43 min, is the dedicated dr. n. b. bhonsle, "deputy dean" of k.e.m. hospital in mumbai:

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/127651/doctors-turn-sweepers-to-maintain-hygiene.html

don't forget to also watch the fervent dr. aswin sah, intern, at 1:03.

you didn't get the "every" right; there's not a single 'v' in it. it's "ewwwery." your "dDipherRaantT" was good.
Sleep

New syllabi, new exams screw Indian roteweilers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-VFojTqFPjMHL_z-gGmSYCxSswgBym2Yrpo0OVwJtpNQDmuPe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down