on line forum - privacy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

on line forum - privacy

+4
southindian
garam_kuta
Maria S
truthbetold
8 posters

Go down

on line forum - privacy Empty on line forum - privacy

Post by truthbetold Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 am

My two cents. The anonymous online forum purpose is to allow people to express their feelings without fearing negative consequences of other peoples judgement. Interesting discussions can take place when we can cut out the need to polish feelings to not hurt others feelings. I am talking about frank discussion rather than filthy language.
why would people on a forum like this want to know and meet other posters? Don't we all have our own lives and friends? We already know a lot of information about who lives where and who speaks what language. What is the point of using real names?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

on line forum - privacy Empty Re: on line forum - privacy

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:57 am

truthbetold wrote:What is the point of using real names?
there is enormous fun in snatching another poster's lungi in a crowded gathering and then running away while brandishing it in the air like a trophy. it's fun to see the lungi-less poster shout and run naked after him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:47 am

truthbetold wrote:My two cents. The anonymous online forum purpose is to allow people to express their feelings without fearing negative consequences of other peoples judgement. Interesting discussions can take place when we can cut out the need to polish feelings to not hurt others feelings. I am talking about frank discussion rather than filthy language.
why would people on a forum like this want to know and meet other posters? Don't we all have our own lives and friends? We already know a lot of information about who lives where and who speaks what language. What is the point of using real names?

We have to be realistic- People judge us all the time and we judge others.
*Revealing private info about people- without their explicit consent is VERY disturbing.

I don't buy this "interesting" discussions can take place only if it is based on repetitious sarcasm, cynicism and insulting others. *It is boring and has the exact opposite effect on most people.

*Sure.. there is absolutely NO need to meet anyone we interact with on line..having said that it is really bizarre to be "detached" to the point (bordering on sociopathic) that we have absolutely NO value for the people who touch our lives for years and years..and "use" them to have so called discussions and never want to meet them - as if they are not worth it.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 am

I broke my policy of meeting no suchers in, I think 2010 or was it 2011... have met 4 suchers so far. Will definitely meet M when she comes this way. Will 'want' to meet Max if someone in fam gets into [removed by admin], but will try to starve and tan myself before that Razz. Let's see...

Last edited by Admin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : privacy concern)

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:38 am

Maria S wrote:
truthbetold wrote:My two cents. The anonymous online forum purpose is to allow people to express their feelings without fearing negative consequences of other peoples judgement. Interesting discussions can take place when we can cut out the need to polish feelings to not hurt others feelings. I am talking about frank discussion rather than filthy language.

We have to be realistic- People judge us all the time and we judge others.
*Revealing private info about people- without their explicit consent is VERY disturbing.

I don't buy this "interesting" discussions can take place only if it is based on repetitious sarcasm, cynicism and insulting others. *It is boring and has the exact opposite effect on most people.

*Sure.. there is absolutely NO need to meet anyone we interact with on line..having said that it is really bizarre to be "detached" to the point (bordering on sociopathic) that we have absolutely NO value for the people who touch our lives for years and years..and "use" them to have so called discussions and never want to meet them - as if they are not worth it.

'men' is a myth- mostly, there are only boys and glorified boys,

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 am

Completely agree with you TBT since Sulekha CH, but snipe, snide and sarcasm are the only flavors that worked most on Sulekha and now on SuCH. No discussions. Just hit and run.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I broke my policy of meeting no suchers in, I think 2010 or was it 2011... have met 4 suchers so far. Will definitely meet M when she comes this way. Will 'want' to meet Max if someone in fam gets into [removed by admin], but will try to starve and tan myself before that Razz. Let's see...

Sure Tracy..think it will be nice.

I may or may not say..who I may or may not have met..and may or may not meet:)

Aha..so Max is the sexiest man alive here!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 am

garam_kuta wrote:

'men' is a myth- mostly, there are only boys and glorified boys,

Some men-boys are certainly more than worthy of glorification..respect.

Everyone has an "inner child"..if only more men would be child-like in some ways..and more mature in other ways.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 am

Maria S wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:I broke my policy of meeting no suchers in, I think 2010 or was it 2011... have met 4 suchers so far. Will definitely meet M when she comes this way. Will 'want' to meet Max if someone in fam gets into [removed by admin], but will try to starve and tan myself before that Razz. Let's see...

Il Professore is the Brad Pitt of Such.

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:50 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Maria S wrote:

Il Professore is the Brad Pitt of Such.

balan pittan

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 am

Lol M. Dunno actually. Many years ago, when I was very new, someone told me,'all women of ch begin salivating the moment Max opens his mouth'. And then a few months later, someone else told me, 'you are so hot that even Max may like you.' I have been curious since then, 'who is this max anyways'. Thassall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Lol M. Dunno actually. Many years ago, when I was very new, someone told me,'all women of ch begin salivating the moment Max opens his mouth'. And then a few months later, someone else told me, 'you are so hot that even Max may like you.' I have been curious since then, 'who is this max anyways'. Thassall.

what have you heard abt the virile diapered 1? when he was a young 63 yr old buck playing tennis lithely and tanning himself darker, he was quite the laidies man on sulekha. scuttlebutt is that he singlehandedly caused a couple of young girls (wet sparrow among them) to quit chat, sulekha and internet altogether with his sexual innuendos, muscular spellings and incessant badgering. word also is that he had quite a few groupies before douchemuni.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 am

Lol ya. That's sorta what I heard back then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Lol M. Dunno actually. Many years ago, when I was very new, someone told me,'all women of ch begin salivating the moment Max opens his mouth'. And then a few months later, someone else told me, 'you are so hot that even Max may like you.' I have been curious since then, 'who is this max anyways'. Thassall.

Really "Hot lady"! I must be the ultimate outsider..had no idea!

No wonder Max struts around like a Peacock! (did GC call him a Peacock?!) He better know that he may or may not have some competition from other Peacocks here!

Interesting, that's all:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes... I agree.... that is why I dont want to meet you or JM...Razz

But, I sure would like to meet the women from HK to Kaliphornia.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Maria S wrote:

Really "Hot lady"! I must be the ultimate outsider..had no idea!

No wonder Max struts around like a Peacock! (did GC call him a Peacock?!) He better know that he may or may not have some competition from other Peacocks here!

Interesting, that's all:)

Lol. I'm not hot-wot. Some people were just being super nice to me when they said so.

Yeah dunno if max is the "it" sucher. And after embarrassing him today, I don't think I will ever find out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Meet me upps. There I said it. You can now add this to your list of, ' a 39 year old divorcee hottie mom asked me to meet her'. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Lol. I'm not hot-wot. Some people were just being super nice to me when they said so.

Yeah dunno if max is the "it" sucher. And after embarrassing him today, I don't think I will ever find out.

From what I see..it's not easy for folks here to be "super nice" to anyone (except to Max of course, for obvious reasons now Cool!), you don't have to be so modest!

He should be flattered, and knows it:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Meet me upps. There I said it. You can now add this to your list of, ' a 39 year old divorcee hottie mom asked me to meet her'. Razz

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 pm

maria ,

i am a little surprised by your response to my post. looks like i hit a nerve. i am still puzzled that you saw a mountain when i am talking about a puddle. a second reading may clear.up some imaginary things that seems to have appeared.
you have a good evening.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:01 pm

TBT,

I think we look at the time and effort we spend on line- with people quite differently, that's all. Nothing more to add:)

You have a good evening too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Meet me upps. There I said it. You can now add this to your list of, ' a 39 year old divorcee hottie mom asked me to meet her'. Razz

Just fix the date, time, and place and let me know. Once my "beloved" approves of our meeting I will proceed.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down