Sheets Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheets

+3
Maria S
indophile
ashaNirasha
7 posters

Go down

Sheets Empty Sheets

Post by ashaNirasha Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:52 pm

What are you guys sleeping on? Thread count, make, 100% Egyptian cotton, cotton percale, sateen etc, be as specific as you can get.

I find myself buying sheets so often these days, at least twice a year. And they seem to pill, tear, are itchy, scratchy, and just a general nuisance to deal with. I haven't paid attention so far, and just walk into the bedding dept at Macy's or BBB, and grab a set.

After spending considerable time reading reviews this time, I've come to the conclusion that NO ONE is happy with their sheets, and comfy sheets don't exist.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Sheets Empty Re: Sheets

Post by indophile Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 pm

While good thread counts (400 should be good), percales (don't wrinkle), Egyptian Cotton (good and soft) are all desirable, the best sheets I ever slept on were "Pochampally" bed sheets. They are really heavy and soft at the same time. Too bad they don't export them.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 am

Bet sheets are personal:) Well, it's a nice Sunday morning..so why not!

Not very particular about sheets, tried quite a few types from K Mart to Macys..nowadays, mostly buy Laura Ashley cotton sheets (*you may be quite familiar). Even their 300 tcs are fine- or in higher counts. They are available everywhere, price is reasonable and I like their colorful designs and variety. For regular use, egyptian cotton is nice, for a change, like sateen cotton or silk sheets.

When it come to comforters, it's a different matter, am picky about that:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 am

we usually get the highest thread count available at BJs (in your case it might be sams club or costcos).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 am

Anyone who cares about thread-count for a sound sleep is not tired and needs to do some physical work. I get sound sleep and can sleep anywhere after the days work.

Here's how people who work sleep

Sheets 4230167446_bf88d917ee_o
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 am

when I am tired I drop head first on my pillow. And I like it to be clean, soft and fluffy.

I have two sheets in rotation. One is a soft high thread count sheet. Dunno the brand, etc. but my then-mil had bought them from macy's along with then husband. Those sheets are really good. It is durable too, coz i have had them for four years now.

Another set is flannel one I bought last year. It is high thread count. I like its colors, and on days it feels cozy and airy. But it's not exactly soft. Feels a bit rough. So they are my second fave.

I am with you, AN. I am always looking for better and better. Only difference is that I don't buy that often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:56 am

If this is you Mr. (?) SI, I am totally impressed:)

*In my post- it's obviously bed sheets..betting sheets are something different!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 am

No Maria, this is not me and I envy him. I don't work as hard as he does. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 am

I have both: the high thread count, soft and sateen feel sheets and the low thread count breathable ones. I use the low thread count ones (>250-400) on my tempur-pedic bed. It gets hot during summers and the breathable ones are more comfy.

I use the high thread count ones (600+) for my other beds, the regular spring beds. My older one especially like the soft and silky feel, so i make sure he gets them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:What are you guys sleeping on? Thread count, make, 100% Egyptian cotton, cotton percale, sateen etc, be as specific as you can get.

I find myself buying sheets so often these days, at least twice a year. And they seem to pill, tear, are itchy, scratchy, and just a general nuisance to deal with. I haven't paid attention so far, and just walk into the bedding dept at Macy's or BBB, and grab a set.

After spending considerable time reading reviews this time, I've come to the conclusion that NO ONE is happy with their sheets, and comfy sheets don't exist.

Buy it from Costco. The stuff that sell at Macys doesn't stay good after few washes. Usually the 100% cotton ones are good.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 pm

indophile wrote:While good thread counts (400 should be good), percales (don't wrinkle), Egyptian Cotton (good and soft) are all desirable, the best sheets I ever slept on were "Pochampally" bed sheets. They are really heavy and soft at the same time. Too bad they don't export them.

Pochampally might last a life time if there are still made the way they used to. Handloom house in Nampally used to have them. My dad might have been the only customer for years over there. I had a pochampally night gown that I refused to wear calling it a 'gone sanchi'. That darned thing wouldn't rip no matter how much I tried. Come to think of it, it was a bed sheet made into a night gown. Everything in the store was made from bed sheets, I guess.

It was only after we got into teens that we rebelled, and stopped going there. It was such a depressing shop.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:47 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
indophile wrote:While good thread counts (400 should be good), percales (don't wrinkle), Egyptian Cotton (good and soft) are all desirable, the best sheets I ever slept on were "Pochampally" bed sheets. They are really heavy and soft at the same time. Too bad they don't export them.

Pochampally might last a life time if there are still made the way they used to. Handloom house in Nampally used to have them. My dad might have been the only customer for years over there. I had a pochampally night gown that I refused to wear calling it a 'gone sanchi'. That darned thing wouldn't rip no matter how much I tried. Come to think of it, it was a bed sheet made into a night gown. Everything in the store was made from bed sheets, I guess.

It was only after we got into teens that we rebelled, and stopped going there. It was such a depressing shop.

Same experience here. I had a couple of pochampalli salwars. The darn things won't fade or tear even after yrs of rough use. I got so tired of them that I dumped them one day.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Alright, high thread count sheets from Costco is what I am going to buy. Thanks all.

Also, I'm going to work really hard, so I drop tired and asleep on the kitchen floor, and also to make enough to buy these 1000 thread count sheets.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:16 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Alright, high thread count sheets from Costco is what I am going to buy. Thanks all.

Also, I'm going to work really hard, so I drop tired and asleep on the kitchen floor, and also to make enough to buy these 1000 thread count sheets.

Seriously? You have to ask that here? Just go look on Amazon and read the reviews.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Yeah, I care more about what Suchers have to say.

Just be glad I did't start a poll.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:34 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Yeah, I care more about what Suchers have to say.

Just be glad I did't start a poll.

Why don't you?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum