Go? No go? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go? No go?

5 posters

Go down

Go? No go? Empty Go? No go?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

Been asked out of the blue by my desi neighbor for a ladies night out. And that too assuming that I knew about it. Maybe they think I'm on some group email but I am not? She is also offering me to drive there.

I used to go with them many years ago. But realized they were all too gujju for me. And they were all atleast 8-9 years older. Also, we used to meet as family for social events and that also died its own death with my marriage situation.

Maybe they have realize there's just one car parked in my driveway and want to know more? They also know that I had tried to sell my house a couple of years ago. That time I had said that we wanted to move to Princeton.

Anyway. Been months since I have done anything by myself. So maybe this would be a good change of scene. My own neighbor is very good. We greet each other at the bus stop in the mornings. And we exchange notes on FB sometimes.

But I am very bad in social situations. I fall in quiet shadows when others are chatting too much and sometimes I start yawning. They would also realize it those times and then switch their old ladies talk to something younger when they would find me looking at them wide eyed (one such topic was about thinning of some linings somewhere and at the age of 32-33 that time, I had no idea all this happened).

I have also forgotten names and kids situation of half of that gang. It would be very awkward.

Go? No go?

Back to top Go down

Go? No go? Empty Re: Go? No go?

Post by Bittu Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:01 am

I think you should go. Just for some change. Maybe you'll run into interesting people. If nothing else, get different things to eat.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:05 am

With gujju aunties much older than me? Half Of them are ABDs but gotta love gujjus to retain the gujjuness. Maybe they have some new peeps my own age now. Earlier I would be stuck with ONE Hindi speaking Bhabhi of someone.

Worse. What will I say about my personal life? They will ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am

They will get gossip from you.
You will get food from them.
Fair exchange, IMO.

Bonus for you if you run into some new peeps your age and interest.

So READY! GET SET! GO!!!!!!!!!

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:12 am

I will have to pay for my own food. I have been to that place before. Food was decent. Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 am

Go..go...go..gooo Smile...It will be fun

Hey Bittu,

Good to see ya.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am

3+ paras to ask a question.

the post trip analysis will most likely rival william shirrer's classic on nazi germany in number of pages

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:37 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:3+ paras to ask a question.

the post trip analysis will most likely rival william shirrer's classic on nazi germany in number of pages

There may be no trip Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Rekz wrote:Go..go...go..gooo :)...It will be fun

Hey Bittu,

Good to see ya.

Hi Rekz how are ya? Missed you tons.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:3+ paras to ask a question.

There may be no trip Sad

am waiting with some measure of dread for the day you start writing abt bodily functions. that's the day I quit SUCH

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm

If you want to be friends with them and join them in future for all the other get togethers then go.

if you dont plan to invite them or be a part of this circle for different reasons, politely decline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm

seven wrote:If you want to be friends with them and join them in future for all the other get togethers then go.

if you dont plan to invite them or be a part of this circle for different reasons, politely decline.

That's the confusion I am in all the time. Whether I should form new (or rebuild old) relations or not. If not then I don't have much going for me in terms of social life except a couple of family close by. If yes, then I will need to spend a lot of effort in keeping those friendships.

I'm basically an asocial person, but k was very social. So we somehow struck a good balance over the years. Now I will have to think and act like him for the sake of the kids. Or else it would be them getting raised alone in a cave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
seven wrote:If you want to be friends with them and join them in future for all the other get togethers then go.

That's the confusion I am in all the time. Whether I should form new (or rebuild old) relations or not. If not then I don't have much going for me in terms of social life except a couple of family close by. If yes, then I will need to spend a lot of effort in keeping those friendships.

I'm basically an asocial person, but k was very social. So we somehow struck a good balance over the years. Now I will have to think and act like him for the sake of the kids. Or else it would be them getting raised alone in a cave.

yah and you will get bored too all by yourself. you didnt realize it bcz k was around. now that he isn't you should rebuild old friendships and go out more often. is this th group you wana be a part of? if yes, go. if no, dont.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:51 pm

seven wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

yah and you will get bored too all by yourself. you didnt realize it bcz k was around. now that he isn't you should rebuild old friendships and go out more often. is this th group you wana be a part of? if yes, go. if no, dont.

When we used to hang out with them they were about 3-5 core families. Rest everyone was being pulled in from here or there. So there would always be introductions in all ladies night out. Over the time they became a much more organized township level community. They used to be a good source of knowledge for me regarding school and township news. Will find out what the gang is about if I go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:32 pm

You should go. I don't find a reason you should decline. Go have fun, but keep it low on your personal issues. Those personal stuff are meant to be posted here.

I broke up with a friend very recently and I did made up, but the spark is all gone. We met on my special day and she didn't compliment my new looks (yellow to dump her). She was talking to me for few hours and didn't make eye contact (bold yellow to dump her) and when I told my future plans she changed her subject (Green....). Told her straight that she doesn't deserve my friendship anymore coz she has personality disorders (LOL felt good for my soul)

There ended ours years of friendship. You don't have anything to lose and can't beat the situation above.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Ekadasi wrote:You should go. I don't find a reason you should decline. Go have fun, but keep it low on your personal issues. Those personal stuff are meant to be posted here.

I broke up with a friend very recently and I did made up, but the spark is all gone. We met on my special day and she didn't compliment my new looks (yellow to dump her). She was talking to me for few hours and didn't make eye contact (bold yellow to dump her) and when I told my future plans she changed her subject (Green....). Told her straight that she doesn't deserve my friendship anymore coz she has personality disorders (LOL felt good for my soul)

There ended ours years of friendship. You don't have anything to lose and can't beat the situation above.

bombaat maadutheerappa neevu !

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:48 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Ekadasi wrote:You should go. I don't find a reason you should decline. Go have fun, but keep it low on your personal issues. Those personal stuff are meant to be posted here.

bombaat maadutheerappa neevu !

Yep, Yep. Thank you! Thank you!! Dhanyavadagalu.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum