Heat Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat

+3
Merlot Daruwala
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
7 posters

Go down

Heat Empty Heat

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:35 pm

currently watching heat, the 1995 michael mann movie on cable. it's got al pacino doing his typical overacting but what a great movie it is, drenched in this cool azure blue lighting and a haunting score. the movie is as much about LA as it is about the heist and these two guy's characters. one of those movies I can watch over and over again

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Heat Empty Re: Heat

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:34 am

movies that I enjoyed thus far, with the city as one of the "characters":

LA: heat, collateral, drive, somewhere in the night (very very underrated), chinatown

NY: taxi driver, mean streets, king of new york

Mumbai: company, satya, agneepath

Miami: scarface, miami blues

San Fran: bullit, vertigo, a view to a kill, basic instinct

Berlin: wings of desire, bourne supremacy, run lola run

Boston: the departed

rio de janero: city of god

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:40 am

Mumbai: life in metro

Delhi: chashme baddoor (80s)

NY: Seinfeld, sex and the city (tv)

What about London. Bridget Jones Diary comes to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:44 am

of recently watched films, i liked a wednesday set in bombay. i thought naseeruddin shah was fantastic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:52 am

I was on a Tarantino trip last week. First saw Django Unchained in the movie hall and then Inglorious Basterds on TV.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 am

Paris - Ronin

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 am

I have not seen this movie..but, can imagine.. never missed an episode of Michael Mann's "Miami Heat"..He has an unique way of visual presentation and imo, it was among the most "visually beautiful- breathtaking" produced shows on American TV ever! Of course Don Johnson was dashing and fab, and Philip Michael Thomas as his partner was not bad too. If you don't mind watching older shows..look into it..it is fast moving and had everything- a nice mix of mystery-crime solving, good looking women and fast cars, some sensual-sex scenes and grand sights and sounds of Miami.
I think you will like it!

For me..hard to pick a few:) From Casablanca and Gone with the Wind to..so many new movies..associated with so many cities- big and small..around the world!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 am

Maria S wrote:I have not seen this movie..but, can imagine.. never missed an episode of Michael Mann's "Miami Heat"..He has an unique way of visual presentation and imo, it was among the most "visually beautiful- breathtaking" produced shows on American TV ever! Of course Don Johnson was dashing and fab, and Philip Michael Thomas as his partner was not bad too. If you don't mind watching older shows..look into it..it is fast moving and had everything- a nice mix of mystery-crime solving, good looking women and fast cars, some sensual-sex scenes and grand sights and sounds of Miami.
I think you will like it!

For me..hard to pick a few:) From Casablanca and Gone with the Wind to..so many new movies..associated with so many cities- big and small..around the world!

hello maria, yes I watched a few miami blues episodes but somehow they age fast. it's hard to take those 80s theatrics and sensibilities seriously for some reason. they were quite successful and did well, I know

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 am

the departed is a great movie too. watched it recently intrigued by the central character. the real life individual after whom the character is modeled was caught by the FBI last year after many years on the lam, and is currently undergoing trial in MA.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the departed is a great movie too. watched it recently intrigued by the central character. the real life individual after whom the character is modeled was caught by the FBI last year after many years on the lam, and is currently undergoing trial in MA.

isn't this movie a copy of "infernal affairs"?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 am

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the departed is a great movie too. watched it recently intrigued by the central character. the real life individual after whom the character is modeled was caught by the FBI last year after many years on the lam, and is currently undergoing trial in MA.

could be. i wouldn't know since i haven't watched infernal affairs.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

hello maria, yes I watched a few miami blues episodes but somehow they age fast. it's hard to take those 80s theatrics and sensibilities seriously for some reason. they were quite successful and did well, I know

Sure DUT!

*Oops..was rushing, and meant to say "Miami Vice", of course.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I was on a Tarantino trip last week. First saw Django Unchained in the movie hall and then Inglorious Basterds on TV.

Inglorious bastards, one of my fav! Col. Hans Landa played by christoper waltz, OMG ed it for me in the movie. I never got a chance to watch Django unchained.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

could be. i wouldn't know since i haven't watched infernal affairs.

yeah jack nicholson's character was more than loosely based on whitey bulger who very recently got caught. but the original was a frikking great hongkong movie from early 2000s that scorcese lifted/remade. I liked the original far better, something abt scorcese's kinetic movie making technique with continuous sound track is starting to grate on my nerves.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down