Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet

+11
confuzzled dude
Nila
Hellsangel
seven
Captain Bhankas
Merlot Daruwala
Seva Lamberdar
ashdoc
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
15 posters

Go down

Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet Empty Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet

Post by Rishi Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:10 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/video/special/aishwarya-abhishek-a-love-story-866/269313?pfrom=home-editorspic

Love Story my foot.

It is a marriage of convenience.

Why all this falsehood?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet Empty Re: Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am

Rishi wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/video/special/aishwarya-abhishek-a-love-story-866/269313?pfrom=home-editorspic

Love Story my foot.

Why all this falsehood?

it is one of great love story. He loves her individual status and she loves his family status. She gained more than he did.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 am

Rishi wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/video/special/aishwarya-abhishek-a-love-story-866/269313?pfrom=home-editorspic

Love Story my foot.

Why all this falsehood?

i watched a few minutes of the video you posted above. yaar, rishi, vye these hindu peepals are for ever saying "allah, allah" - at 1:14, for example - in their songs and dances? vye, oh vye, i am simply asking na. vye they can't sing "bhagwan, bhagwan?" vye they must say "allah, allah?" i am piTying them ewwwerydDay na.

don't they know that the moghal emperor is gone? that there are no sultans, nawabs, or nizams to apply the vacuum to anymore? yaar, rishi, could it be because they have no culture of their own? bolo, yaar! sollunga! edhavadhu sollunga!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:31 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

Love Story my foot.

Why all this falsehood?

i watched a few minutes of the video you posted above. yaar, rishi, vye these hindu peepals are for ever saying "allah, allah" - at 1:14, for example - in their songs and dances? vye, oh vye, i am simply asking na. vye they can't sing "bhagwan, bhagwan?" vye they must say "allah, allah?" i am piTying them ewwwerydDay na.

don't they know that the moghal emperor is gone? that there are no sultans, nawabs, or nizams to apply the vacuum to anymore? yaar, rishi, could it be because they have no culture of their own? bolo, yaar! sollunga! edhavadhu sollunga!

film industry of mumbai ( not south ) is controlled by dawood and his gang from behind the scenes . what else can you expect....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:58 am

Love Story my foot.

Why all this falsehood?

Can you name a marriage which is not a marriage of convenience for both parties?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:21 am

ashdoc wrote:

Love Story my foot.

Why all this falsehood?

film industry of mumbai ( not south ) is controlled by dawood and his gang from behind the scenes . what else can you expect....

Doc, this is very sad. How can you let those uppity Muslims control everything and everyone in your own city?? Somebody please get some more goats. Smuggle them in from Dubai if necessary, but do it asap. Mumbai's Hindu warriors need more goats.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Doc, this is very sad. How can you let those uppity Muslims control everything and everyone in your own city??

and you dont give a damn even though a gang based in arch enemy pakistan controls things in mumbai . this is your loyalty to the nation....

with citizens like you , who needs enemies ??

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 am

ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Doc, this is very sad. How can you let those uppity Muslims control everything and everyone in your own city??

and you dont give a damn even though a gang based in arch enemy pakistan controls things in mumbai . this is your loyalty to the nation....

If a handful of Muslim fugitives holed up in distant Karachi can control your city and the entire entertainment industry, you sir, have bigger problems than whether I give a damn or not. I now doubt if even an army of goats can help you grow a spine.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 am

Love Story my foot.

Why all this falsehood?

JM,

You watched a few minutes.

I did not even do that. I just posted the video to start a ruckus here.

I agree with you, NI culture and architecture is Islamic as the result of enslavement by Muslim invaders.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

If a handful of Muslim fugitives holed up in distant Karachi can control your city and the entire entertainment industry, you sir, have bigger problems than whether I give a damn or not. I now doubt if even an army of goats can help you grow a spine.

ah, the good ol' days .... just a distant memory about 'ankil'.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:56 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

ah, the good ol' days .... just a distant memory about 'ankil'.

Not at all unkil. I remember you all the time.

As for Doc, he's yet to grow up. So no unkil for him.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:00 am

ashdoc wrote:film industry of mumbai ( not south ) is controlled by dawood and his gang from behind the scenes . what else can you expect....

then why do you watch those movies?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:24 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

so you are forced to admit that these muslims are a problem--aaa haa !!

and dont try to sideline the point i have brought up , of people like you tolerating the karachi based gang's control of bollywood and thereby practically being in cahoots with them---by saying that i have other bigger problems .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
ashdoc wrote:film industry of mumbai ( not south ) is controlled by dawood and his gang from behind the scenes . what else can you expect....

if hindus like me stop watching these movies these filmwallahs will cater to an exclusively muslim/pakistani audience and soon we will see bollywood films showing how pakistani ' jaanbaaz ' tigers of allah are trying to liberate kashmir.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

1. To enrich Dawood and Co

2. Because he's afraid of what they might do to him if he doesn't
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

sound like your reasons for watching these movies Laughing

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 am

ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

sound like your reasons for watching these movies Laughing

But I don't watch Bollywood movies. You do. And now we know why.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

But I don't watch Bollywood movies.

so believable !!---like the rest of your ' truths ' and sayings on this forum Laughing

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm

yaar, rishi, could it be because they have no culture of their own?
-JM

I agree with you, NI culture and architecture is Islamic as the result of enslavement by Muslim invaders.
-Rishi

this just shows all your knowledge about NI culture comes from bollywood and you know nothing about Hindu NI families and culture. Maybe you should watch some daily soaps on star,zee,sab etc TV.

what you observe is a lot like if i said, in a conclusive manner, Thank God we don't marry brother and sister first cousins in the name of culture in north india [-o<

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank God we don't marry brother and sister first cousins in the name of culture in north india .

Just because I am a SI does not mean that I support the cousin-cousin or maternal uncle-niece marriages. I think it is despicable.

Btw this reminds me of something which happened a few years ago. I was talking to two TN brahmin guys. We were talking about stuff that happens back home. I brought up the topic of the abhorrent practice of marrying cousins, maternal niece etc. Then I observed one of the guys had a silly look on his face. He agreed with me sheepishly it is not a good idea. It turned out both of these fellows were the products of maternal uncle-niece marriages.

One more story. There is a fellow, an Iyengar here in America. He went to BITS. He fell in love with his maternal aunt's (periyamma is the Tamil word) daughter.

He was visiting her often when she was in her college dorm in TN. The two sisters, i.e his mother and her elder sister thought it was like a brother who was visiting his sister.

Then the stuff came out. The families got petrified and tried to dissuade. It did not work. The fellow's logic was "If it is OK to marry your maternal uncle's daughter, what is wrong in marrying your maternal aunt's daughter?"

Finally both families succumbed to his wish.

He created a revolution in the TN society. (puratchi is the Tamil word for that).

For the first few years, the couple avoided having children because of the fear there could be genetic defect. Now they have two daughters. May be they will marry their maternal uncles one day.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Rishi wrote:Thank God we don't marry brother and sister first cousins in the name of culture in north india .

Just because I am a SI does not mean that I support the cousin-cousin or maternal uncle-niece marriages. I think it is despicable.

Btw this reminds me of something which happened a few years ago. I was talking to two TN brahmin guys. We were talking about stuff that happens back home. I brought up the topic of the abhorrent practice of marrying cousins, maternal niece etc. Then I observed one of the guys had a silly look on his face. He agreed with me sheepishly it is not a good idea. It turned out both of these fellows were the products of maternal uncle-niece marriages.

One more story. There is a fellow, an Iyengar here in America. He went to BITS. He fell in love with his maternal aunt's (periyamma is the Tamil word) daughter.

He was visiting her often when she was in her college dorm in TN. The two sisters, i.e his mother and her elder sister thought it was like a brother who was visiting his sister.

Then the stuff came out. The families got petrified and tried to dissuade. It did not work. The fellow's logic was "If it is OK to marry your maternal uncle's daughter, what is wrong in marrying your maternal aunt's daughter?"

He created a revolution in the TN society. (puratchi is the Tamil word for that).

For the first few years, the couple avoided having children because of the fear there could be genetic defect. Now they have two daughters. May be they will marry their maternal uncles one day.

Not two generations too late?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 pm

You watched a few minutes.

I did not even do that. I just posted the video to start a ruckus here

lol

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm

seven wrote:

this just shows all your knowledge about NI culture comes from bollywood and you know nothing about Hindu NI families and culture. Maybe you should watch some daily soaps on star,zee,sab etc TV.

what you observe is a lot like if i said, in a conclusive manner, Thank God we don't marry brother and sister first cousins in the name of culture in north india [-o<

tut-tut, here you go again, with your muslim culture influence. No SI marries brother or sister Razz no SI calls her Jijaji as Bhayya either.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Rishi wrote:Thank God we don't marry brother and sister first cousins in the name of culture in north india .

rishi -- i want to have what you are smoking. sounds like it might be a lot of fun.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:

tut-tut, here you go again, with your muslim culture influence. No SI marries brother or sister Razz no SI calls her Jijaji as Bhayya either.

ok then they marry their uncles. oh uncle is too old. no problem. marry his son. (first cousins are brother n sister) and i donno what u mean by jijaji bhaiya etc...didnt understand.

you missed my point though. i was saying suggesting NIs have no culture of their own and are slaves of islam is similar to NIs thinking marrying your mother's brother and/or his sons is weird. i know there maybe some logic and reason behind that but thinking SIs are more cultural and NIs are all slaves of muslims and muslim culture is dumb.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm

good if you do not support it. all i am saying is North India has a very rich culture too. Hindu culture. You do not see it that often in movies and i said seems like all your knowledge of NI culture came from bollywood.

peace.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:06 pm

seven wrote:
ok then they marry their uncles. oh uncle is too old. no problem. marry his son. (first cousins are brother n sister) and i donno what u mean by jijaji bhaiya etc...didnt understand.

you missed my point though. i was saying suggesting NIs have no culture of their own and are slaves of islam is similar to NIs thinking marrying your mother's brother and/or his sons is weird. i know there maybe some logic and reason behind that but thinking SIs are more cultural and NIs are all slaves of muslims and muslim culture is dumb.

I agree with you on NI culture part, it's probably much closer to SI culture than Muslim culture. South Indian languages have two 'L' alphabets to differentiate hard 'L' with soft 'l', but Hindi doesn't it doesn't mean it is wrong. Likewise, just bcz NIs think all first cousins are brothers & sisters, it doesn't automatically become an universal rule.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:

I agree with you on NI culture part, it's probably is much closer to SI culture than Muslim culture. South Indian languages have two 'L' alphabets to differentiate hard 'L' with soft 'l', but Hindi doesn't it doesn't mean it is wrong. Likewise, just bcz NIs think all first cousins are brothers & sisters, it doesn't automatically become an universal rule.

now you've completely lost me. i wasnt talking about right or wrong. and i wasn't saying it becomes a universal rule bcz NIs think so. i'll try again.

SIs saying---NIs do not have any culture of their own. they are result of islamic slavery - is as stupid as
NIs saying --- If being cultural includes marrying cousins then thank god for saving us from culture.

HTH

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Wait a minute, why is JM bashing NIs. Isn't Aishuu a SI; Was she forcibly converted to NI religion by her husband & fanatic in-laws

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:20 pm

seven wrote:

SIs saying---NIs do not have any culture of their own. they are result of islamic slavery - is as stupid as
NIs saying --- If being cultural includes marrying cousins then thank god for saving us from culture.

HTH

Ignorance is bliss, you won't understand it until you're from south; reams and reams are written about that relation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:50 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Wait a minute, why is JM bashing NIs. Isn't Aishuu a SI; Was she forcibly converted to NI religion by her husband & fanatic in-laws
Aish is SI, her hubby is NI, her MIL is Bengali, her FIL is 50% UP and 50% Punjabi and also 50% Sikh and 50% Hindu. And her daughter is a Maharashtrian.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:40 pm

One more important detail about the guy who married his maternal aunt's (mother's elder sister) daughter. The marriage took place in the house itself.

It was a private wedding. I think they were embarassed about having the marriage in a five-star hotel with 1000 guests.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:[

northindian hindu people are also inspired by persian cuisine. witness ashdoc's desire to eat goats to become strong and masculine like the persians.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:don't they know that the moghal emperor is gone? that there are no sultans, nawabs, or nizams to apply the vacuum to anymore?
Yes, you tell them, Jerji!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Smuggle them in from Dubai if necessary, but do it asap. Mumbai's Hindu warriors need more goats.
rofl Nice trick working in that bizarre news story into the narrative!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 pm

ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

so believable !!---like the rest of your ' truths ' and sayings on this forum Laughing
Seriously, you do watch a lot of Bollywood movies. If you truly believe that the industry is controlled by Dawood and his gang, why do you give your money to the industry?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Seriously, you do watch a lot of Bollywood movies. If you truly believe that the industry is controlled by Dawood and his gang, why do you give your money to the industry?

i have already answered this above .

if hindus stop watching these films then whatever influence they have on films will go and the control of muslims over it will become complete . i am not about to let go of something because it is coming under islamic influence . that is defeatist attitude .

Last edited by ashdoc on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Smuggle them in from Dubai if necessary, but do it asap. Mumbai's Hindu warriors need more goats.
Bollywood's Romeo + Juliet 3077217049 Nice trick working in that bizarre news story into the narrative!

now this is known in hindi as chamchagiri Rolling Eyes

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 pm

ashdoc wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

if hindus stop watching these films then whatever influence they have on films will go and the control of muslims over it will become complete . i am not about to let go of something because it is coming under islamic influence . that is defeatist attitude .
So you think 800+ million Hindus of India would not have influence on the films they consume? You seem to have a weird sense of the influence and power of Hindus.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Idéfix wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

So you think 800+ million Hindus of India would not have influence on the films they consume? You seem to have a weird sense of the influence and power of Hindus.

in regional films they do---like in marathi or gujarati or south indian films .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:03 am

ashdoc wrote:in regional films they do---like in marathi or gujarati or south indian films .

What do you mean "regional" films like marathi --- SI?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:02 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:
ashdoc wrote:in regional films they do---like in marathi or gujarati or south indian films .

What do you mean "regional" films like marathi --- SI?

you may not , but all marathis and majority of tamils consider their states as '' regions'' of india only .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down