Sick of Royal Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick of Royal

+8
Impedimenta
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
bw
Kris
Hellsangel
Idéfix
Obnoxious
12 posters

Go down

Sick of Royal Empty Sick of Royal

Post by Obnoxious Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Who gives a shit!!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Sick of Royal Empty Re: Sick of Royal

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Same here -- what's the big deal? 

I was listening to a story on NPR's On the Media that looked into this media frenzy about the royal baby. They found that the frenzy is mostly driven by the US media, not the UK press or TV. And they said Americans have been fascinated by the British royals for centuries now.

ARIANNE CHERNOCK:  I just looked and saw that some of People Magazine’s top-grossing issues ever have related to coverage of the British royal family. And I think that the baby will bring similar kinds of levels of excitement and frenzy. We’re already seeing it here.
BOB GARFIELD:  That’s Boston University history professor Arianne Chernock who says monarchy fixation long predated Kate, or Princess Diana, or even the love-struck abdicator, Edward VIII.
ARIANNE CHERNOCK:  Right after the American Revolution, we see a fascination with Britain, a fascination with British theater, British products, British literature. When Queen Victoria had her coronation in 1838, there was one editor for the New York Mirror who was basically driven into an apoplectic fit because he didn't know exactly what kind of slippers Victoria had worn to her coronation. This was driving him crazy.

http://www.onthemedia.org/2013/jul/12/royal-baby-media-frenzy/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Hey! It is the heir to the throne of your friendly neighbor nord des lignes.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 am

Appalamma wrote:Who gives a shit!!

>>>There was one gal, a Terri Hatcher look-alike, who was positively breathless on Anderson Cooper this evening. Of course, Amanpour was there as well, weighing in. Think of this as England's Bollywood. The idiocy will come into some perspective..Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:08 am

i didn't even know there was a baby on the way until a couple of days ago, much to my cousin's disbelief. she couldn't imagine someone so clueless about all this. she pretty much disowned me when i asked her next who is the father is.

internet is great for filtering news and avoiding nonsense.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:13 am

bw wrote:internet is great for filtering news and avoiding nonsense.
On that note: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/07/22/british-news-site-offers-republican-option-for-readers-sick-of-royal-baby-news/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:46 am

All the British and the US media. One baby more equal than all the other babies in the world.

I'm looking for response from JM types complaining fascination of Indians with Bollywoods, Tollywoods, Kollywoods and other Lollywoods.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:50 am

bw wrote:i didn't even know there was a baby on the way until a couple of days ago, much to my cousin's disbelief.

what an insult to souththindian's (aka avivek) labored joke in his signature! (which he has now modified with an even more labored and even more unfunny signature).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:i didn't even know there was a baby on the way until a couple of days ago, much to my cousin's disbelief.

what an insult to souththindian's (aka avivek) labored joke in his signature! (which he has now modified with an even more labored and even more unfunny signature).
Max, take deep long breaths... 3 times.

Repeat if necessary.

BTW, Who's avivek? HK, MD and now you are looking for someone? Look at my reply to HK. The guy may be dead.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 am

His Royal Highness Prince JM of Cambridge has arrived.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 am

Dear southern indian,
your "signature" is a bit confusing. please explain the various relationships to me. TIA.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 am

bw wrote:i didn't even know there was a baby on the way until a couple of days ago, much to my cousin's disbelief. she couldn't imagine someone so clueless about all this. she pretty much disowned me when i asked her next who is the father is.

sure, it's also great for digging up info on who is pissing in the desert and gossiping about it with the admin.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
bw wrote:i didn't even know there was a baby on the way until a couple of days ago, much to my cousin's disbelief. she couldn't imagine someone so clueless about all this. she pretty much disowned me when i asked her next who is the father is.

sure, it's also great for digging up info on who is pissing in the desert and gossiping about it with the admin.

Wow, Achachan! You are frothing too much to notice and correct the grammar above:

when i asked her next who is the father is.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

What is this referring to?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

It is much the same way as how Desis were gawking at Rahul and Priyanka - just like Rev Flimmy Iyer still worships her (for her Christian and white skin).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

Let's do some digging up for the thread where Achachan lost it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:02 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

It is a symptom of an illness you already diagnosed correctly: merely wanting to get on someone's case this morning, preferably that of pressulu or DUTturajulu. You are just looking for any thread as an excuse to do so. You are not honestly interested in the issues or topic of the thread.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

Here you go. You will find all of Achachan's whining in there:

https://such.forumotion.com/t4838p150-to-flimflam#113012
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

apparently phlegmy bragged to bidya on chat about the trip he and his now-estranged wife took to the middleeast where she dropped trou and blissfully pissed in the sand desi istyle. and the usual suspects discussed it outside the closed doors of chat in public. jerji then lost his marbles and started foaming at the mouth at this betrayal by his core constituency of iyers that he has been ingratiating towards for decades. it was a sad sight to vitness, the virile1 reduced to a blubbering mass of tears and outraged accusations where decorum and spellings vent out of the window.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

apparently phlegmy bragged to bidya on chat about the trip he and his now-estranged wife took to the middleeast where she dropped trou and blissfully pissed in the sand desi istyle. and the usual suspects discussed it outside the closed doors of chat in public. jerji then lost his marbles and started foaming at the mouth at this betrayal by his core constituency of iyers that he has been ingratiating towards for decades. it was a sad sight to vitness, the virile1 reduced to a blubbering mass of tears and outraged accusations where decorum and spellings vent out of the window.

Wait! How can you two have a conversation and destroy Rashmun's beliefs?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:03 pm

southindian wrote:BTW, Who's avivek? HK, MD and now you are looking for someone? Look at my reply to HK. The guy may be dead.
You are. You can add me to the list of people who think so.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

Why is the "now-estranged" team becoming stronger on SuCH?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:57 pm

southindian wrote:
Why is the "now-estranged" team becoming stronger on SuCH?

What does that mean?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Why is it I'm hearing more SuChers refer themselves or others here "now-estranged" spouse?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:23 pm

southindian wrote:Why is it I'm hearing more SuChers refer themselves or others here "now-estranged" spouse?
i know only 2 suchers who are estranged. but 2 is 2 many i agree. let us tilt the balance further. my wife is seeking a divorce from me 2 morrow 'cos i just slapped her. how estanged are you on the estranged continuum? do you slap your dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
southindian wrote:Why is it I'm hearing more SuChers refer themselves or others here "now-estranged" spouse?
i know only 2 suchers who are estranged. but 2 is 2 many i agree. let us tilt the balance further. my wife is seeking a divorce from me 2 morrow 'cos i just slapped her. how estanged are you on the estranged continuum? do you slap your dog?
Does being estranged from your former identity count?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Divorced doesn't mean having an estranged spouse, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i have never noticed his signature and i must confess that it doesn't make much sense to me. cousin? scratch

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Divorced doesn't mean having an estranged spouse, no?
no. i stand corrected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 am

WTF!! This is supposed to be bash the royals thread, not bash each other thread!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down