Hiking in Summer vs. Ski in Winter Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiking in Summer vs. Ski in Winter

4 posters

Go down

Hiking in Summer vs. Ski in Winter Empty Hiking in Summer vs. Ski in Winter

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Last year, we - as in all in family - started to ski every weekend with another family w/kids. The iPhones had alarms to get us up. We all reached a point that we used to get up at 5AM every Saturday, earlier or a little later, just to ensure that we are not late. And then winter was over. A blank. A lacuna. Kids still got up to complain of boredom. Fine. Lets hike now. I never thought I'd find anything better than skiing, the views at over 14000 feet, snow covered mountains. But hiking proved so much better. Hike to a waterfall, a lake, or just to a fire lookout! Ski is about to return. And if I am to choose, hiking somewhat wins for the sheer variety, romance, and the "prize when you finish" it!

Oh well - Going to Sports Authority to get that much needed 10% discount for ski this weekend. The sport is expensive, times 5.

What keeps your heart beat faster?

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Hiking in Summer vs. Ski in Winter Empty Re: Hiking in Summer vs. Ski in Winter

Post by Bittu Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

What is better, daru after skiing or daru after hiking? in what setting do you see SELF better?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm

@Bittu - dude, if I were you - should I reply - What is better, shaking "it" with left hand after 10PM, or shaking it with right hand after midnight?

You "THINK" that you are "SMART" with "SUCH" "CLICHE" replies that your dumb SI followers pick up, but just grow up already.

If you have NOTHING to reply to the content of the post, stop bitching about the poster like a woman.

Take care Billo,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

DH is after me to go sky jumping with him. i don't think i can do it. too much excitement for my liking. i cannot handle my heartbeats too fast. 

post pics TS. hum bhi dekhein duniay 14000 ft se kaisi dikhti hai 8->

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:16 pm

@Satto - Just Jump. Just Do It.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 pm

heehee
maybe i will

watch shahid kapoor in phata poster nikla hero for paisa vasool govinda style dancing - main tere agal bagal hoon tu mere agal bagal hai

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm

@Satto - I take a lot of pictures. I have over 37 Video cassettes each over 2 hours of my kids, and a gazillion pictures arranged since 1993 (I even scanned the pix my dad took). Some day, I shall share them, privately or with you or not. But thats my part, for you - Just Jump! :-)

G'nite,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:34 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Last year, we - as in all in family - started to ski every weekend with another family w/kids. The iPhones had alarms to get us up. We all reached a point that we used to get up at 5AM every Saturday, earlier or a little later, just to ensure that we are not late. And then winter was over. A blank. A lacuna. Kids still got up to complain of boredom. Fine. Lets hike now. I never thought I'd find anything better than skiing, the views at over 14000 feet, snow covered mountains. But hiking proved so much better. Hike to a waterfall, a lake, or just to a fire lookout! Ski is about to return. And if I am to choose, hiking somewhat wins for the sheer variety, romance, and the "prize when you finish" it!

Oh well - Going to Sports Authority to get that much needed 10% discount for ski this weekend. The sport is expensive, times 5.

What keeps your heart beat faster?
I hit the "Plus" button for your post. I hike every weekend - all seasons. The east bay area has plenty of scenic hikes.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 am

The guy sitting next to me on the plane had this written on his T-shirt: 

"Life is Simple. 
Eat, Sleep, Hike." 

I absolutely love hiking. actually, i even planned to go to tirupati (from my home towns) and hike the seven hills, along with my SIL. but the situation there doesn't allow me to do so. So, cancelled that too Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down