For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN

4 posters

Go down

For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN  Empty For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:26 pm

For many, Obama's promise does not ring true

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/politics/obamacare-state-coverage-varies/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN  Empty Re: For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:For many, Obama's promise does not ring true

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/politics/obamacare-state-coverage-varies/index.html
its funny...your anti-Obama crusade sounds very similar to Rashmunullah's anti-Modi crusade and KV's Pro-LTTE crusade in style and focus.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN  Empty Re: For many, Obama's promise does not ring true - CNN

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

its funny...your anti-Obama crusade sounds very similar to Rashmunullah's anti-Modi crusade and KV's Pro-LTTE crusade in style and focus.
Your Holiness, it is funny that you are willing to be right wing conservative in India but won't do that right where you live.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:02 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Your Holiness, it is funny that you are willing to be right wing conservative in India but won't do that right where you live.
I know.... I just cant stand racism - that ONE factor will overwhelm all other/any other positives - and republicans are soaking in it and dripping. Same reason why the iSlamists in India who think they are superior and must rule all of India over all hindus. I also talk against any hindu or group that practice casteism.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

I know.... I just cant stand racism - that ONE factor will overwhelm all other/any other positives - and republicans are soaking in it and dripping.  Same reason why the iSlamists in India who think they are superior and must rule all of India over all hindus.  I also talk against any hindu or group that practice casteism.
Racism? How many Indian-American Governors do the Democrats have? If anything, Democrats practice reverse-racism and love to push racial politics. Check how they pander to Hispanics now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I know.... I just cant stand racism - that ONE factor will overwhelm all other/any other positives - and republicans are soaking in it and dripping.  Same reason why the iSlamists in India who think they are superior and must rule all of India over all hindus.  I also talk against any hindu or group that practice casteism.
Racism? How many Indian-American Governors do the Democrats have? If anything, Democrats practice reverse-racism and love to push racial politics. Check how they pander to Hispanics now.
Everyone - EVERYONE - is racist to varying degrees. As far as I am concerned, it is the whites who discriminate against me and that is that. Does not matter who discriminates who elsewhere.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:its funny...your anti-Obama crusade sounds very similar to Rashmunullah's anti-Modi crusade and KV's Pro-LTTE crusade in style and focus.
Everyone - EVERYONE - is racist to varying degrees. As far as I am concerned, it is the whites who discriminate against me and that is that. Does not matter who discriminates who elsewhere.
So it is personal with white folks for you. Is it also personal with Muslims? Or just business?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

pretending you're christian and hiding your background as much as humanly possible is not exactly acceptance by your base. i'd say tulsi gabbard is an example of a politician who is truly accepted for who she is.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:42 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:its funny...your anti-Obama crusade sounds very similar to Rashmunullah's anti-Modi crusade and KV's Pro-LTTE crusade in style and focus.
pretending you're christian and hiding your background as much as humanly possible is not exactly acceptance by your base. i'd say tulsi gabbard is an example of a politician who is truly accepted for who she is.
No one hid their background. On the other hand no one has to act like they have a huge chip on their shoulder about their background.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:46 pm

PS: Talking about the chip on one's shoulder, I see you are avoiding the kaxtamana topic now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Your Holiness, it is funny that you are willing to be right wing conservative in India but won't do that right where you live.
No one hid their background. On the other hand no one has to act like they have a huge chip on their shoulder about their background.
ironic! the people who most often wear their religion on their sleeve and talk about it at every opportunity are politicians from your party.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Your Holiness, it is funny that you are willing to be right wing conservative in India but won't do that right where you live.
So it is personal with white folks for you. Is it also personal with Muslims? Or just business?
That is different and this is different....the issue of whites is personal and the issue of Musalmans is their hidden agenda - again towards my hindu descendants. So you can say everything is personal - isn't it true on any issue.

All issues are personal (in Tip O Neil style).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:50 pm

So what about Saund? I know of him. There are quite a few 1st and 2nd generation Indian-American Democrats now. How many have made it to elected positions on a Democrat ticket?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:53 pm

newsflash:

us of a has only one party - the wall street. the rest are just side-acts to keep you all distracted.

thank you.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 pm

bw wrote:newsflash:

us of a has only one party - the wall street. the rest are just side-acts to keep you all distracted.

thank you.
People who are direct beneficiaries of Investment Banks should refrain from making snide remarks about Wall St. , Lucy.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 pm

thank you.
i am sure it looks like that from afar. when you get closer, there are life and death issues that matter to the people who are going to live and die here. i know you've been spouting this for a while now, but i have to disagree with you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

thank you.
i am sure it looks like that from afar. when you get closer, there are life and death issues that matter to the people who are going to live and die here. i know you've been spouting this for a while now, but i have to disagree with you.
hope you get enlightened some day. enjoy the kool-aid until then.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:13 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

thank you.
let's start with two questions that are relevant to my life.

a) is healthcare a human right?
b) is it the role of government to fund university r&d? if so what kind of r&d? only translational research or basic science too?

the two parties have very different answers to these questions.

then there are the questions about the long term plans that the two parties have for what people here call entitlements -- social security, medicare etc. a budget proposal from a house republican may as well be something a different kind of life form wrote. there really are serious differences.

yes both parties are friendly to wall street, but that doesn't make them the same species. for now my own kool-aid is more enlightening than your breezy pronouncements.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

thank you.

b) is it the role of government to fund university r&d? if so what kind of r&d? only translational research or basic science too?

then there are the questions about the long term plans that the two parties have for what people here call entitlements -- social security, medicare etc.  a budget proposal from a house republican may as well be something a different kind of life form wrote. there really are serious differences.

yes both parties are friendly to wall street, but that doesn't make them the same species. for now my own kool-aid is more enlightening than your breezy pronouncements.

friendly? stooge is a more apt term. by the way, a lot of people up, close and personal to the us of a share my view. yeah, a few social issues on the surface differentiates the two but when push comes to shove, wall street will decide. to project the democrats as some kind of noble people is so naive. "lesser evilism" is the motto, it seems.

meanwhile, enjoy the soap opera while sipping the spiked kool-aid.

here's another of those breezy pronouncements.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/10/18/empire-of-the-senseless/

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

thank you.

then there are the questions about the long term plans that the two parties have for what people here call entitlements -- social security, medicare etc.  a budget proposal from a house republican may as well be something a different kind of life form wrote. there really are serious differences.

friendly? stooge is a more apt term. by the way, a lot of people up, close and personal to the us of a share my view. yeah, a few social issues on the surface differentiates the two but when push comes to shove, wall street will decide. to project the democrats as some kind of noble people is so naive. "lesser evilism" is the motto, it seems.

what's naive is to assume that the views of the people affected by political choices is naive. essentially you're saying that we who choose to live here and have a more up close and personal view of the differences are idiots and your view from your far away perch is more accurate. why you sound just like those ill-informed and ignorant americans everyone loves to make fun of!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i am sure it looks like that from afar. when you get closer, there are life and death issues that matter to the people who are going to live and die here. i know you've been spouting this for a while now, but i have to disagree with you.

what's naive is to assume that the views of the people affected by political choices is naive. essentially you're saying that we who choose to live here and have a more up close and personal view of the differences are idiots and your view from your far away perch is more accurate. why you sound just like those ill-informed and ignorant americans everyone loves to make fun of!
another newsflash: it's a global world.

point#1: you make a lot of assumptions.

point#2: you just insulted a whole lot of people there as "ill-informed" because they share a similar view as mine.

as i said, enjoy the ride. you and others do help keep the minor soap operas going while the thugs can focus on what the real deal is.

may wall street bless america!

ps: am surprised how naive you are, really, on this.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down