And which story do you prefer? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And which story do you prefer?

2 posters

Go down

And which story do you prefer? Empty And which story do you prefer?

Post by Petrichor Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:49 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/14/opinion/mehta-stories-indian-politicians-like-to-tell.html?src=rechp

"Despite massive social change and a yearning for strong but fair economic growth, neither party is articulating a discourse suited to the times. Both still prefer to conjure up a counterfeit history than propose a coherent vision of the future."

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

And which story do you prefer? Empty Re: And which story do you prefer?

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Petrichor wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/14/opinion/mehta-stories-indian-politicians-like-to-tell.html?src=rechp

"Despite massive social change and a yearning for strong but fair economic growth, neither party is articulating a discourse suited to the times. Both still prefer to conjure up a counterfeit history than propose a coherent vision of the future."
I can't understand why the term minorities has become synonymous to muslims in Indian politics. The direction of campaigns of both Congress and BJP has been to mudsling each other on muslim-centered issues. It is quite sad. India's problems with illiteracy, poverty, power shortages, inadequacy in healthcare and sanitation, dearth in infrastructure, spiraling inflation etc are not sexy enough to address. Unfortunately I am not impressed with any of the PM candidates in the news.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:59 pm

I think part of the responsibility for this state of affairs must lie with the Media. The shrillness factor of TRP chasing channels is at an all-time high.

ps. Been a long time since we saw you around here! trust everything is going well...

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Petrichor wrote:I think part of the responsibility for this state of affairs must lie with the Media. The shrillness factor of TRP chasing channels is at an all-time high.

ps. Been a long time since we saw you around here! trust everything is going well...
Yes to the shrillness factor. Even the dogs in Norway are turning their erect ears in India's direction.

Was holidaying with friends all over Europe for a month.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down