lately... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lately...

+5
garam_kuta
MaxEntropy_Man
namo
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
confuzzled dude
9 posters

Go down

lately... Empty lately...

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:18 pm

...such is being used mostly to post negative stuff about someone. Like Rashmun against NaMo and Max against Sachin, and not just one post, but post after post, data after data, videos after videos, anything to 'prove their point'.

quiet boring, and somewhat toxic.

Back to top Go down

lately... Empty Re: lately...

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:57 pm

What about perennially negative, rude and indecent posts about Sonia, Rahul and Islam? Are SuCHers inured to those posts and think it is OKAY to bad mouth them ad nauseum

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:59 pm

By no means were my examples the complete list. I am sure more of this is happening, and I don't read every post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:By no means were my examples the complete list. I am sure more of this is happening, and I don't read every post.
add to that list shaving legs, hairy legs, and torturing XH....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:54 am

lately... Img-2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:46 am

matbal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:52 am

matbal bandwidth hogged by few while silent lurkers abound, leading to loss of diversity, denuding of forests and colossal environmental damage.

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:12 am

Whatever the over the hill uncles say negatively about Sachin, Sachin was, is and will continue be an inspiration to millions of youngsters. Awesome personality!

Listen to him speak on the final day of test cricket:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-west-indies-2013-14/content/video_audio/689257.html

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:15 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:matbal bandwidth hogged by few while silent lurkers abound, leading to loss of diversity, denuding of forests and colossal environmental damage.
and absolutely no fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 am

namo wrote:Whatever the over the hill uncles say negatively about Sachin, Sachin was, is and will continue be an inspiration to millions of youngsters. Awesome personality!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-west-indies-2013-14/content/video_audio/689257.html
but the over the hill uncles also appreciate sachin's contemporaries, not just his predecessors. he is not in the stratosphere by himself, even based on comparing him to his contemporaries. i've already watched that video, but thanks.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:26 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
namo wrote:Whatever the over the hill uncles say negatively about Sachin, Sachin was, is and will continue be an inspiration to millions of youngsters. Awesome personality!

but the over the hill uncles also appreciate sachin's contemporaries, not just his predecessors. he is not in the stratosphere by himself, even based on comparing him to his contemporaries. i've already watched that video, but thanks.
You don't have to get negative about something/someone if you like something/someone else.

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:31 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:matbal bandwidth hogged by few while silent lurkers abound, leading to loss of diversity, denuding of forests and colossal environmental damage.
and absolutely no fun!
+1. make it +2, 3 & 4

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 am

namo wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

You don't have to get negative about something/someone if you like something/someone else.
yeah that is perfect advice for tendulkar groupies, but not very useful for me because i like tendulkar just fine.

incidentally, if you want to talk about inspiration for youngsters, dravid and kumble are better role models for people who are just above average in terms of raw, natural, or god-given (if you are so inclined) talent. as a cricket watcher of many decades, i put sachin, laxman, and kapil dev on the list of people with immense raw talent who achieved to varying degrees depending on temperament, luck, and appetite for success. dravid and kumble are what mere mortals with above average talent can achieve by dint of sheer will and hard work.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:56 am

this will make you sick, made me gag too, lol. I am so glad I left India when I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:02 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:this will make you sick, made me gag too, lol. I am so glad I left India when I did.

sachin is not god. google is god. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:14 am

I was prepared to laugh but this sorta made me choke a little. Sad   but then I am having a scratchy throat brought about by all the chemical cleaners y'day and I watched pulp fiction till 2:30 am with XH, and woke up at 7:00 am to learn of a birth in my ex-family in which I cannot participate, so ya... anything will make me cry today. 

On an unrelated note, now that XH is back, so is my technical upgrades and knowledge. He got a blu ray dvd player with connected wifi that connects you to netflix streaming. This must be a really old news coz it came for just 75 bucks, but I didn't know about it. Our old dvd player was broken for 2 years. We either connected laptop to tv via hdmi, or played netflix via wii. But mostly, I watched e'thing on my laptop. So ya, this is something new.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
lately... Img-2014
find 6 diffeences between these two. another film world celebrity- Na. muthunkar
lately... Namuthukumar01

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:19 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:He got a blu ray dvd player with connected wifi that connects you to netflix streaming.
damn, why don't we have netflix in india yet. sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:21 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
lately... Img-2014
find 6 diffeences between these two.  another film world celebrity- Na. muthunkar
lately... Namuthukumar01
very close resemblance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote: I am so glad I left India when I did.
maybe this will make you rethink: Question 

thodisi dhuul meri dharti ki mere vatan ki - 2
thodisi KHushbuu baurai se mast pavan ki
thodisi dhondne waali dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhak-dhak saansein
jin mein ho junoon junoon voh boonde laal lahuu ki
yeh sab tuu mila mila le phir rang tuu khila khila le

i am only teasing you. after all, home is where the money is. be it mongolia ar bermuda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Love this song, totally love india. It's hard to explain what I meant there, but in a nutshell, I was talking about me, not India. When I left the country, I was 23, and by no means a kid, but while I had 'read' all the common sense stuff from all over the world, my basic nature was/has been to do whatever others are doing, and atleast until then, I had not developed a personality of my own. So, while I don't know how I would have matured if I continued living there (whether  in a metro or a small city like mine), I secretly fear that there is a 50-50 chance I might have grown up to be this kinda crazy misinformed emotional person like they show in those videos and ads. But when I got out, I saw in person things that I had always thought, and it felt easier to relate more to that and develop whatever attitude I have now. Again, who knows...I might have turned out the same that I am now, but it's just my internal fear that I might have been one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
namo wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

yeah that is perfect advice for tendulkar groupies, but not very useful for me because i like tendulkar just fine.

incidentally, if you want to talk about inspiration for youngsters, dravid and kumble are better role models for people who are just above average in terms of raw, natural, or god-given (if you are so inclined) talent.  as a cricket watcher of many decades, i put sachin, laxman, and kapil dev on the list of people with immense raw talent who achieved to varying degrees depending on temperament, luck, and appetite for success. dravid and kumble are what mere mortals with above average talent can achieve by dint of sheer will and hard work.

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:51 pm

namo wrote:
thanks for proving yet again what a classy human being dravid is. that cannot be said about the legions of obsessive tendulkar groupies.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Love this song, totally love india. It's hard to explain what I meant there, but in a nutshell, I was talking about me, not India. When I left the country, I was 23, and by no means a kid, but while I had 'read' all the common sense stuff from all over the world, my basic nature was/has been to do whatever others are doing, and atleast until then, I had not developed a personality of my own. So, while I don't know how I would have matured if I continued living there (whether  in a metro or a small city like mine), I secretly fear that there is a 50-50 chance I might have grown up to be this kinda crazy misinformed emotional person like they show in those videos and ads. But when I got out, I saw in person things that I had always thought, and it felt easier to relate more to that and develop whatever attitude I have now. Again, who knows...I might have turned out the same that I am now, but it's just my internal fear that I might have been one of them.
Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele, Jordan, Ali and many more....are the Tendulkars outside of India. This kind of adulation is not limited just to India. 

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

thanks for proving yet again what a classy human being dravid is. that cannot be said about the legions of obsessive tendulkar groupies.
Dravid is another legend, with a great personality! He is an extremely classy guy. Pls show some respect for him by not bringing his name in the cheap negative Sachin campagning. Same thing applies to Laxman. Another great guy!

Edit: btw, pls watch that video. it could be an eye opener for you. And yeah, at the end of it, pls don't call Dravid another groupie of Sachin.

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:14 pm

namo wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Love this song, totally love india. It's hard to explain what I meant there, but in a nutshell, I was talking about me, not India. When I left the country, I was 23, and by no means a kid, but while I had 'read' all the common sense stuff from all over the world, my basic nature was/has been to do whatever others are doing, and atleast until then, I had not developed a personality of my own. So, while I don't know how I would have matured if I continued living there (whether  in a metro or a small city like mine), I secretly fear that there is a 50-50 chance I might have grown up to be this kinda crazy misinformed emotional person like they show in those videos and ads. But when I got out, I saw in person things that I had always thought, and it felt easier to relate more to that and develop whatever attitude I have now. Again, who knows...I might have turned out the same that I am now, but it's just my internal fear that I might have been one of them.
Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele, Jordan, Ali and many more....are the Tendulkars outside of India. This kind of adulation is not limited just to India. 
The video I posted, I found it to be overdone. And my commentary was not just about Sachin, it's the way many commercials and topics take deep unnecessary misplaced overly emotional "Indian" overtones that's a turnoff to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
namo wrote:
does your legion include ganguly, dravid, warne, dhoni and other cricketing legends from across the world? most of them seem to think that SRT is the best and wax poetic about him.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm

bw wrote:does your legion include ganguly, dravid, warne, dhoni and other cricketing legends from across the world? most of them seem to think that SRT is the best and wax poetic about him.
oh come, come now. surely you can separate political correctness and graciousness of a fellow competitor at the time of a colleague's retirement from the ruthless ranking of a player's relative worth in a sport replete with giants in the modern age. they have to do that. we fans have no such obligations. and you! you who i know lo these many years from interacting on these pages as someone who has a distinct dislike of needless rodomontade, should be the last person impressed with such public displays. you like knocking things down a peg or two yourself, but don't seem to like it when someone else is doing the knocking down.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:does your legion include ganguly, dravid, warne, dhoni and other cricketing legends from across the world? most of them seem to think that SRT is the best and wax poetic about him.
oh come, come now. surely you can separate political correctness and graciousness of a fellow competitor at the time of a colleague's retirement from the ruthless ranking of a player's relative worth in a sport replete with giants in the modern age. they have to do that. we fans have no such obligations. and you! you who i know lo these many years from interacting on these pages as someone who has a distinct dislike of needless rodomontade, should be the last person impressed with such public displays. you like knocking things down a peg or two yourself, but don't seem to like it when someone else is doing the knocking down.
A peg or two up is to put down everything that the majority likes. That sets you apart and puts you on a (psuedo) high ground. Not just with Sachin, it shows in putting down mass/popular favorites wrt movies, music, dance, brands of coffee, beers, etc etc. Man! you got some complex.

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
honestly, i have not been following SRT's retirement at all and have no idea what people are saying or doing right now. i think he should have retired at least 2 years ago. that said, ever since i started tracking cricket again, circa 2001, SRT has been lauded as the "greatest" by all and sundry and always spoken of in a special way (only donald bradman was considered his equal or better). this includes commentators, his contemporaries and other retired players.

given this history and popularity that SRT enjoys, to slam the "groupies" when he is retiring is rather poor timing. he has inspired scores of people and made them watch cricket with a passion. i do not think he is unworthy of all this adulation. yes, there may be others who are equally worthy and did not get the same level of adulation. 

most of the world celebrates kurosawa but not ozu as the greatest film maker from japan. i do not think kurosawa is unworthy and call his fans stupid but do try to point out that ozu also exists. that's why i was probably never bothered about SRT getting all the limelight. he has done enough and more to deserve it. i will have a lot to say if SRK is seen as indian cinema's face instead of adoor g or ray. now they are a class apart. SRT is as deserving as anyone else and as i said, because of his unique career path, he was always seen as special. RD says in the above interview that even though SRT is a few months younger than him, he is 7 years his cricketing senior.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:08 pm

bw wrote: RD says in the above interview that even though SRT is a few months younger than him, he is 7 years his cricketing senior.
and yet they ended up with no daylight separating them. that says it all for me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
namo wrote:
I am not sure why you are belaboring this point in this forum. Are there any GROUPIES (you think that word portrays his fans negatively and continue to use it,much to my amusement) in this forum? Who in this forum has denied that the Trimurti and others including Kumble, Sehwag and Ganguly shouldn't get proper retirement or farewell? 

You are like RASHMAN when it comes to SRT.

I stopped arguing cricket with a lot of folks because it is not worth my time and I stopped logging in here due to personal and professional pressures. I log in yesterday after ages and I saw the same kind of posts. I got sucked in and posted a meme and didn't bother after that. I log in again today and see more posts from you about the same thing over and over again. 

Who are you preaching to? What exactly is bothering you? Is it that SRT got grander farewell than your favorite RD? or Is it that he doesn't deserve those accolades? I am confused.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:13 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
You are like RASHMAN when it comes to SRT dravid.
yes i agree.

doofus_maximus wrote:What exactly is bothering you? Is it that SRT got grander farewell than your favorite RD?
frankly, yes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by noisy_dravidfan Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 pm

from now on when i respond to cricket posts, this is the handle i plan to use. i think the world of cricket debates could use a few people like me.

-max

noisy_dravidfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote: RD says in the above interview that even though SRT is a few months younger than him, he is 7 years his cricketing senior.
and yet they ended up with no daylight separating them. that says it all for me.
perhaps but SRT is a better ODI player and ODI (and now 20-20) is far more popular than tests. manhandling of warne in the desert storm series, match against pakistan in WC 2003 etc will forever remain in people's minds. i don't think any serious cricket fan or critic will rate SRT several notches higher than RD in tests.

also, SRT is/was always seen as the prodigy, RD, the diligent hard worker. the former always captures people's hearts much more than the latter.

- a retired cricket fan who should really shut up now.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:16 pm

noisy_dravidfan wrote:from now on when i respond to cricket posts, this is the handle i plan to use. i think the world of cricket debates could use a few people like me.

-max
I think it should be noisy_dravidgroupie (with all my due respect to Dravid)

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:39 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:By no means were my examples the complete list. I am sure more of this is happening, and I don't read every post.

I agree, that 'Monday..' post kept me off Such for another week.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I agree, that 'Monday..' post kept me off Such for another week.
Vidya has got a self deprecating sense of humor. Not many have the guts to do that. Got to appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum