Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist

5 posters

Go down

Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist Empty Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/tarun-tejpal-steps-down-as-tehelka-s-editor-in-chief-for-six-months-448746

Back to top Go down

Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist Empty Re: Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal resigns: It was an act of grave sexual misconduct, give her time & space, journalist's confidante tells NDTV

Tehelka editor resigns: She wants Tehelka to set up committee to look into sexual harassment cases, journalist's confidante tells NDTV

Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal resigns: Not easy for victim of sexual harassment to take case forward, person close to journalist tells NDTV

Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal resigns:Happened not once but twice, girl completely shattered, scarred, person close to journalist tells NDTV

Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal resigns: She pleaded 'please don't do this', her no didn't matter, person close to the journalist tells NDTV

Back to top Go down

Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist Empty Re: Tehelka Editor steps down for six months after 'incident' with journalist

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 pm

If this was rape, or even attempted rape, on his subordinate then i am not sure whether six months recusal from his job is appropriate punishment.

http://pastebin.com/nNaWCu3e

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm

This is horrible. Tejpal needs to be jailed.

----------

Sources told The Indian Express that the woman journalist had written a very detailed mail to Chaudhury reconstructing the alleged incidents.

She is also believed to have written to Chaudhury that she had told three of her colleagues at the event in Goa that she had been molested by Tejpal.

In the mail, sources said, she alleged that Tejpal had on one occasion pulled her into a lift at a five-star hotel and pressed buttons to ensure the elevator stayed in circuit and did not stop or open doors while he assaulted her.

When she resisted and the lift came to a halt and she walked out, Tejpal, the woman is said to have alleged, told her that this was the easiest way for her to keep her job.

Tejpal allegedly tried to assault her again the next day, again by pulling her into a lift at the same hotel, the woman is said to have alleged.

The journalist is also believed to have quoted a subsequent series of SMSes exchanged between her and Tejpal about the incidents, the sources said.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/accused-of-sexual-assault-by-staffer-tehelka-founder-steps-down-for-6-months/1197545/0

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 pm

So, will Shoma also reveal what Tejpal did to her?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:So, will Shoma also reveal what Tejpal did to her?
Meanwhile, this is the letter of the girl:

https://twitter.com/Jorebungley/status/403244194895892480/photo/1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:

I mean..... what Tejpal did to Shoma when she was young!!!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:28 pm

"It is tragic, therefore, that in a lapse of judgment I have hurt our own high principles. "

>>>> High principles my foot.

Lapse of judgment means that he screwed up.

These are the assholes who point fingers at Modi.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:34 pm

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/tehelka-editor-tarun-tejpal-steps-aside-over-alleged-misconduct/435315-3-244.html

>>>Btw did he write any articles about how women in India undergo sexual harassment and assaults in their daily lives?

Also talk about holier thou attitude towards Modi and Hindutvadis!

Hypocrite!!!!!

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:00 pm

More details emerge:

http://delhidurbar.in/tehelka-editor-facing-sexual-assault-allegations/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Perhaps, SHoma Chaudhury has a crush on Tejpal...(lucky bastid).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 am

It is interesting to see Shoma defending Tejpal. She thinks that this is an internal mater of Tehelka and there is no need for any external intervention. Apparently, the girl who was attacked by Tejpal isn't happy with the internal "investigation". Looks like Shoma is willing to bring down Tehelka for Tejpal. Obviously, Rashmun thinks that Shoma is doing the right thing. Would be interesting to see the country's reaction when Shoma and Tejpal attack BJP and Modi in future. LOL.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:It is interesting to see Shoma defending Tejpal. She thinks that this is an internal mater of Tehelka and there is no need for any external intervention. Apparently, the girl who was attacked by Tejpal isn't happy with the internal "investigation". Looks like Shoma is willing to bring down Tehelka for Tejpal. Obviously, Rashmun thinks that Shoma is doing the right thing. Would be interesting to see the country's reaction when Shoma and Tejpal attack BJP and Modi in future. LOL.
I have already said in an earlier post on this thread that Tejpal deserves to be jailed. I think the minimum punishment for sexual assaults is three years in India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:It is interesting to see Shoma defending Tejpal. She thinks that this is an internal mater of Tehelka and there is no need for any external intervention. Apparently, the girl who was attacked by Tejpal isn't happy with the internal "investigation". Looks like Shoma is willing to bring down Tehelka for Tejpal. Obviously, Rashmun thinks that Shoma is doing the right thing. Would be interesting to see the country's reaction when Shoma and Tejpal attack BJP and Modi in future. LOL.
I have already said in an earlier post on this thread that Tejpal deserves to be jailed. I think the minimum punishment for sexual assaults is three years in India.
It is still possible that Tejpal will get advice from Abhishek CONman and find ways to make the girl withdraw her complaint. He may be back, just like Abhishek, to give his expert analysis on every topic in the world. India has become a haven for CONartists. Dynastic rulers talk about democracy, sexual offenders give advice on celibacy, the corrupt talk about banana republics and convicted criminals run the roost from jails. The country and the common man are taken for a ride by sikular bastards.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:09 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
It is still possible that Tejpal will get advice from Abhishek CONman and find ways to make the girl withdraw her complaint. He may be back, just like Abhishek, to give his expert analysis on every topic in the world. India has become a haven for CONartists. Dynastic rulers talk about democracy, sexual offenders give advice on celibacy, the corrupt talk about banana republics and convicted criminals run the roost from jails. The country and the common man are taken for a ride by sikular bastards.
Please make a distinction between sexual assault and consensual sex. Abhishek was having consensual sex with a lawyer. Stop peeping into his private sex life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Rishi wrote:"It is tragic, therefore, that in a lapse of judgment I have hurt our own high principles. "

Oh yeah, only gods are allowed to point fingers at our Supreme Leader God. Mere humans who dare do that will get lynched at the first moral stumble.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:05 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Rishi wrote:"It is tragic, therefore, that in a lapse of judgment I have hurt our own high principles. "

Oh yeah, only gods are allowed to point fingers at our Supreme Leader God. Mere humans who dare do that will get lynched at the first moral stumble.
Here comes the tribal leader straight from the Loya Jirga in support of criminals, crooks, and rapists.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:24 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

interesting, really, "the first moral stumble?" what world do you live in?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:34 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

interesting, really, "the first moral stumble?" what world do you live in?
The last I heard in the Tora Bora Mountains and currently attending the Loya Jirga.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down