Sikh model ad vandalized Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sikh model ad vandalized

5 posters

Go down

Sikh model ad vandalized Empty Sikh model ad vandalized

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 pm

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/gap-moves-quickly-after-one-its-ads-sikh-model-vandalized-154175

Back to top Go down

Sikh model ad vandalized Empty Re: Sikh model ad vandalized

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Sonny sports a mush and a beard and I freak out that he might be mistaken for a muslim. There are constant arguments about me insisting on him to shave it off and he refusing to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:37 pm

nenu wrote:Sonny sports a mush and a beard and I freak out that he might be mistaken for a muslim. There are constant arguments about me insisting on him to shave it off and he refusing to do so.
Let me guess he is a Junior?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
nenu wrote:Sonny sports a mush and a beard and I freak out that he might be mistaken for a muslim. There are constant arguments about me insisting on him to shave it off and he refusing to do so.
Let me guess he is a Junior?
The older one. He has the hugh jackman kinda beard, like this: 

http://www.frenchtoastsunday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Hugh-Jackman-1.jpg

He says it gives him a matured and manly look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:43 am

>>> Is it a 'no shave november' thing? My older does the beard thing every once in awhile and gets tired and shaves t off after some time. He comes in for extra questioning when we fly, but otherwise no issues.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:27 am

Kris wrote:
>>> Is it a 'no shave november' thing? My older does the beard thing every once in awhile and gets tired and shaves t off after some time. He comes in for extra questioning when we fly, but otherwise no issues.
Perils of living in post 9/11 [not so free] America. Colored dudes can't even wear a goatee without being scrutinized by TSA; oh! well I think we should be glad that not many SaamiYaar types work at the Airports.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
Perils of living in post 9/11 [not so free] America. Colored dudes can't even wear a goatee without being scrutinized by TSA; oh! well I think we should be glad that not many SaamiYaar types work at the Airports.
oh poor confuzzled and his kebab king buddies are so inconvenienced and not allowed their right for facial hair expression in this poor excuse for a free country (not like india and the paradise of middleeast). we need sharia law to make up for all these slights to those of the muslim faith. let us start in northern virginia

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:46 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
oh poor confuzzled and his kebab king buddies are so inconvenienced and not allowed their right for facial hair expression in this poor excuse for a free country (not like india and the paradise of middleeast). we need sharia law to make up for all these slights to those of the muslim faith. let us start in northern virginia
As usual, you've completely missed the point that a couple of parents of Indian origin expressed their concerns about the safety of their kids. What does that tell you?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
As usual, you've completely missed the point that a couple of parents of Indian origin expressed their concerns about the safety of their kids. What does that tell you?
I wasnt responding to their post, I was responding to your editorializing. 

PS: parents of indian origin expressing concerns about safety of their kids? you dont say! indians are usually never worry warts that overly pamper their kids and shield them from real world

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Kris wrote:
No no, no november thing. He's seriously into beard growing, experimenting with different styles. Previously, he had it along the jawline. That looked more like a muslim thing. Now it's the hugh jackman style. I feel more relaxed with this one though. No, no issues till now (touchwood).

The grow and shave thing goes on with the second one. He does it more out of his laziness. He gets lazy to shave it and lets it grow until he's tired of it and shaves it off. The cycles continues....

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Mahalakshmi wrote:
Kris wrote:
No no, no november thing. He's seriously into beard growing, experimenting with different styles. Previously, he had it along the jawline. That looked more like a muslim thing. Now it's the hugh jackman style. I feel more relaxed with this one though. No, no issues till now (touchwood).

The grow and shave thing goes on with the second one. He does it more out of his laziness. He gets lazy to shave it and lets it grow until he's tired of it and shaves it off. The cycles continues....
That also was the reason, in addition to the lack of safety razors, clean water and soap (softening agent / solution) long ago, men during ancient times (including sages, seers and prophets,  shown / depicted with beards in paintings and books etc.) did not shave their facial hair (at least on a regular basis).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down