RIP - Nelson Mandela Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP - Nelson Mandela

+5
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kris
Kayalvizhi
Rishi
bw
9 posters

Go down

RIP - Nelson Mandela Empty RIP - Nelson Mandela

Post by bw Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:31 pm

bw

Back to top Go down

RIP - Nelson Mandela Empty Re: RIP - Nelson Mandela

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:37 pm

On the streets of the sprawling black township of Soweto, where police and disgruntled unemployed youngsters still face off in sporadic, violent protests over poor housing and public services, there are plenty who do not buy the Mandela myth. “Mandela kept on saying: ‘I am here for the people, I am the servant of the nation.’ What did he do? He signed papers that allowed white people to keep the mines and the farms,” said 49-year-old Majozi Pilane, who runs a roadside stall selling sweets and cigarettes. “He did absolutely nothing for all the poor people of this country.”

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/world/mandelas-legacy-peace-but-also-poverty-for-many-blacks-1269813.html?utm_source=ref_article

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:49 pm

"It is the oppressor who decides the mode of resistance, not the oppressed" - Mandela (paraphrased)

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Rishi wrote:On the streets of the sprawling black township of Soweto, where police and disgruntled unemployed youngsters still face off in sporadic, violent protests over poor housing and public services, there are plenty who do not buy the Mandela myth. “Mandela kept on saying: ‘I am here for the people, I am the servant of the nation.’ What did he do? He signed papers that allowed white people to keep the mines and the farms,” said 49-year-old Majozi Pilane, who runs a roadside stall selling sweets and cigarettes. “He did absolutely nothing for all the poor people of this country.”

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/world/mandelas-legacy-peace-but-also-poverty-for-many-blacks-1269813.html?utm_source=ref_article
>>>What did he him to do? Take the mines and farms and divvy it up? This is naïve talk at best.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Rishi wrote:On the streets of the sprawling black township of Soweto, where police and disgruntled unemployed youngsters still face off in sporadic, violent protests over poor housing and public services, there are plenty who do not buy the Mandela myth. “Mandela kept on saying: ‘I am here for the people, I am the servant of the nation.’ What did he do? He signed papers that allowed white people to keep the mines and the farms,” said 49-year-old Majozi Pilane, who runs a roadside stall selling sweets and cigarettes. “He did absolutely nothing for all the poor people of this country.”

Humans by nature are greedy...That is one reason why however successful an incumbent government is, the voters view it as not doing enough.

Mandela got them freedom and as part of the deal had to let the whites/Afrikaer keep the mines. Now, if the black government is not corrupt and colluding with the rich miners, should enact new laws through parliament putting a time limit on ownership or forcing them to go public. Much like Indira in 1971 revoked the "purse" for all the "Kings" in India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:04 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Humans by nature are greedy...That is one reason why however successful an incumbent government is, the voters view it as not doing enough.

Mandela got them freedom and as part of the deal had to let the whites/Afrikaer keep the mines.  Now, if the black government is not corrupt and colluding with the rich miners, should enact new laws through parliament putting a time limit on ownership or forcing them to go public. Much like Indira in 1971 revoked the "purse" for all the "Kings" in India.
>>They also don't have a sense that rights go with responsibilities. Mugabe's Zimbabwe is a case in point. The idiot turned the country into a basket case by simply bullying the white farmers out of their farms. They were handed over to his cronies. Maybe they thought this was payback time,  Regardless, if you don't have the savvy to manage them, you end up destroying the industry. These things take time and effort, but that seems to be lost on these fools. For all of India's problems, I am glad the country didn't go down the path of self-destruction.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:26 am

Nelson Mandela headlined every newspaper in the world today, and all you could cull from that was this outlier piece of drivel?
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:23 am

churi. wrote:

Nelson Mandela headlined every newspaper in the world today, and all you could cull from that was this outlier piece of drivel?
That's Rishi at his best.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I thought Google would have a doodle in his honor. But just a link below the search field to

http://archives.nelsonmandela.org/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content