Yay for the Omaha Police! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yay for the Omaha Police!

4 posters

Go down

Yay for the Omaha Police! Empty Yay for the Omaha Police!

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 am

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Yay for the Omaha Police! Empty Re: Yay for the Omaha Police!

Post by Rishi Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html

>>> Will it be racist if you do not want that kind of family to be your neighbor?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html

it's astonishing that YOU an acknowledged GoP supporter are lauding the police. i happen to agree with you that they've done the right thing, but let's review the facts. nothing illegal has been done and a government agency is interfering with how an adult, a private citizen is raising his child. can you say nanny state? this is the sort of thing your party vociferously rails against usually, so why the sudden change of heart?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

it's astonishing that YOU an acknowledged GoP supporter are lauding the police. i happen to agree with you that they've done the right thing, but let's review the facts. nothing illegal has been done and a government agency is interfering with how an adult, a private citizen is raising his child. can you say nanny state? this is the sort of thing your party vociferously rails against usually, so why the sudden change of heart?

There is no change of heart. Thuggery and gangsta behavior must not influence innocent babies. The state also had every right to take away the kids of the Nazi dad.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

There is no change of heart. Thuggery and gangsta behavior must not influence innocent babies. The state also had every right to take away the kids of the Nazi dad.

since there is nothing illegal here, your comfort level and flexibility with the nanny state is based on your own sense of morality. i'd like to take away kids from homes which have a gun culture.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

since there is nothing illegal here, your comfort level and flexibility with the nanny state is based on your own sense of morality.  i'd like to take away kids from homes which have a gun culture.

Go ahead! Lobby for it!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

since there is nothing illegal here, your comfort level and flexibility with the nanny state is based on your own sense of morality.  i'd like to take away kids from homes which have a gun culture.

Go ahead! Lobby for it!

also from homes where parents feed their kids sugary soda pop.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Go ahead! Lobby for it!

also from homes where parents feed their kids sugary soda pop.

I think FLOTUS will back you up all the way. Go for it!

PS: Are you a closet Libertarian?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Rishi wrote:

>>> Will it be racist if you do not want that kind of family to be your neighbor?

no. really, you even have to ask?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

i think libertarianism works very well in a world made up of my clones. since that is not a possibility, i find myself comfortable somewhere slightly left of center, say where clinton sits.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

i think libertarianism works very well in a world made up of my clones. since that is not a possibility, i find myself comfortable somewhere slightly left of center, say where clinton sits.

I'll take that as a yes.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:10 pm

The tot's 16 year old mom speaks.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:58 am

Is this a typical day for law enforcement in Omaha, doesn't look like it, may be another case of cultural misunderstanding. This could be a normal way of raising kids in this part of the country just as it is normal to gift guns to 5 year olds and let them kill their 2 year old siblings in another part of the country. If only government pays more attention to teenage pregnancy, gun control than indulging into this kind of nonsense.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:22 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Is this a typical day for law enforcement in Omaha, doesn't look like it, may be another case of cultural misunderstanding. This could be a normal way of raising kids in this part of the country just as it is normal to gift guns to 5 year olds and let them kill their 2 year old siblings in another part of the country. If only government pays more attention to teenage pregnancy, gun control than indulging into this kind of nonsense.
Comrade CD, would you mind posting a link to the incident you quote and what happened after?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:58 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Is this a typical day for law enforcement in Omaha, doesn't look like it, may be another case of cultural misunderstanding. This could be a normal way of raising kids in this part of the country just as it is normal to gift guns to 5 year olds and let them kill their 2 year old siblings in another part of the country. If only government pays more attention to teenage pregnancy, gun control than indulging into this kind of nonsense.
Comrade CD, would you mind posting a link to the incident you quote and what happened after?

i don't know the specific incident CD is citing, but for your reading pleasure:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?_r=0

in such instances the state doesn't have to take the kid way. the guns take them away before the state can.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:The tot's 16 year old mom speaks.

>>>> Man! The mom is also a child.

She is 16. The child is 2 years old. That means she got pregnant when she was 13!

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

-> Not sure if anyone was arrested, going by police statement unlikely.

"In its initial statement about the incident, the state police also said the boy "accidentally shot his 2-year-old sister"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/02/180557577/charges-possible-in-death-of-ky-2-year-old-shot-by-brother

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/kentucky-accidential-shooting/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

i don't know the specific incident CD is citing, but for your reading pleasure:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?_r=0

in such instances the state doesn't have to take the kid way. the guns take them away before the state can.

I think I read that article sometime back.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:24 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

"In its initial statement about the incident, the state police also said the boy "accidentally shot his 2-year-old sister"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/02/180557577/charges-possible-in-death-of-ky-2-year-old-shot-by-brother

The townsfolk responded.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 pm

"MY FIRST KILLING

In May, a five-year-old boy in Burkesville, Kentucky, killed his two-year-old sister with a rifle he had been given as a gift the year before. The .22-calibre rifle, called a “Cricket” by its manufacturer, Keystone Sporting Arms (which makes many different kids’ guns, in many colours, including a rifle called the “Chipmunk”), was left standing in a corner of the house. No one knew there was a bullet left in it, and the mother had stepped out to the front porch for a minute when she heard the gun’s report. Keystone’s slogan is “My first rifle”.
"
http://www.straight.com/life/551821/2013-year-review-usa

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

The townsfolk responded.

-> They have, indeed

"After the funeral service, two men advanced across North Main Street toward a single television crew present, from the German network RTL, and punched the cameraman, bloodying his face and knocking him down

Two other men told a newspaper reporter, “If you had any sense, you’d get out of here. You’re next, buddy.”"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

The townsfolk responded.

-> They have, indeed

"After the funeral service, two men advanced across North Main Street toward a single television crew present, from the German network RTL, and punched the cameraman, bloodying his face and knocking him down

Two other men told a newspaper reporter, “If you had any sense, you’d get out of here. You’re next, buddy.”"

Poor guys!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Poor guys!

In any case which one of these incidents you think fall under dumb parenting? Omaha, Burkesville or both, If both, which is worse?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Poor guys!

In any case which one of these incidents you think fall under dumb parenting? Omaha, Burkesville or both, If both, which is worse?

dumb? dumb! not neglectful and criminal parenting in the case of the parents of the kid who shot his sibling? i agree with what the cops did, but there is a thread of just under the surface racism in the omaha case. but make no mistake about it. they will never take away a white kid under similar circumstances, that's for sure.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Poor guys!

Why don't you go ahead and fit your narrative yourself, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Poor guys!

dumb? dumb! not neglectful and criminal parenting in the case of the parents of the kid who shot his sibling? i agree with what the cops did, but there is a thread of just under the surface racism in the omaha case. but make no mistake about it. they will never take away a white kid under similar circumstances, that's for sure.

That's right. In case of the Nazi dad who named his child Hitler, it was reverse racism.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Poor guys!

I did not want to hurt our buddies gun culture sensitivities thus toned it down.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 am

Remember that Nebraska 2-year-old cursing like a sailor in a viral video? A juvenile court judge in Omaha now says the toddler can stay with his mother, but can’t go back home. How’s that work, you ask? Both will be placed with the same foster family, since both are juveniles. Their original home was deemed too dangerous for both of them, because of a history of gang involvement. Another kid at the home was wounded in gunfire, a county prosecutor said, and the boy’s 38-year-old grandmother has done jail time on gun charges.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down