Beyond Mullahs and Marxists Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Mullahs and Marxists

3 posters

Go down

Beyond Mullahs and Marxists Empty Beyond Mullahs and Marxists

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:34 pm

"A Hindu friend once told me, even as he profusely apologized for his bluntness, that there was only one kind of Muslim — the fundamentalist kind. The idea of a ‘liberal Muslim’ was a ‘misnomer’ according to him. Such a person was first and foremost a liberal who also happened to be a Muslim because of the sheer accident of having been born in a Muslim family.

Their liberalism doesn’t derive from Islam. It has nothing to do with their being Muslims. They are liberals despite being Muslims and not because they are Muslims. I have yet to meet a devout Muslim who doesn’t have fundamentalist views. And mind you, I’m 70 plus and have known at least three generations of Muslims, he said"

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/beyond-mullahs-and-marxists/article5639842.ece?homepage=true

-> SamiYaar, author's friend's views fit your narrative except that guy is only 70+

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Beyond Mullahs and Marxists Empty Re: Beyond Mullahs and Marxists

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"A Hindu friend once told me, even as he profusely apologized for his bluntness, that there was only one kind of Muslim — the fundamentalist kind. The idea of a ‘liberal Muslim’ was a ‘misnomer’ according to him. Such a person was first and foremost a liberal who also happened to be a Muslim because of the sheer accident of having been born in a Muslim family.

Their liberalism doesn’t derive from Islam. It has nothing to do with their being Muslims. They are liberals despite being Muslims and not because they are Muslims. I have yet to meet a devout Muslim who doesn’t have fundamentalist views. And mind you, I’m 70 plus and have known at least three generations of Muslims, he said"

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/beyond-mullahs-and-marxists/article5639842.ece?homepage=true

-> SamiYaar, author's friend's views fit your narrative except that guy is only 70+

As an illustration of wrong priorities, many cite the fight that the community picked up over Babri Masjid. ‘I am not saying that it was not an important issue but if we had made the same sort of noise over discrimination that Muslims face in everyday life, and in demanding good education and jobs, it would have made more sense,’ argued Meraj Haider who runs a successful real-estate business in central U.P.

>>>I agree with the above.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Many accolades are flowing over this article (and one commentator already pointed out that there were very few comments by Muslim brothers) because now Hindus are feeling vindicated . Hindus have yet to reconcile to the fact that some invaders only took away some valuables. What they left behind has flourished into a beautiful aspect of our multicultural society which is beyond value. You cannot divide Takhtetaus or Kohinoor for general possession but you can share respect and understanding and it would grow . I hardly see a difference between a skull cap and a gandhi cap and as for the beard, please spare it the tag of MUSLIM. Every sadhu be tagged a Muslim.
Posted on: Feb 1, 2014 at 19:00 IST

>>> What kind of nonsense is this? The present day Hindus are supposed to be thankful for the tyranny and brutality and eight hundred years of slavery under Muslim invaders?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:04 pm

"For the younger generation of Muslims, on the other hand, Partition has no special resonance.

But here’s the paradox. Precisely because they don’t suffer from the sort of identity crisis their parents did, they feel less inhibited about flaunting their ‘Muslim-ness’. That explains the proliferation of beards and hijabs; and the rush to the masjid, a growing global trend among young Muslims. But they insist that this assertion of their ‘Islamic identity’ does not diminish their Indian-ness, which is what ultimately defines them. Allama Iqbal wrote, ‘Hindi hain hum watan hai, Hindustan hamara.’ And that pretty much sums up the modern Indian Muslim. Damn the beard."
-> but but... to certain pogonophobics beard is equivalent to terrorism, nobody can fix those corrupted minds.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Rishi wrote:Many accolades are flowing over this article (and one commentator already pointed out that there were very few comments by Muslim brothers) because now Hindus are feeling vindicated . Hindus have yet to reconcile to the fact that some invaders only took away some valuables. What they left behind has flourished into a beautiful aspect of our multicultural society which is beyond value. You cannot divide Takhtetaus or Kohinoor for general possession but you can share respect and understanding and it would grow . I hardly see a difference between a skull cap and a gandhi cap and as for the beard, please spare it the tag of MUSLIM. Every sadhu be tagged a Muslim.

>>> What kind of nonsense is this? The present day Hindus are supposed to be thankful for the tyranny and brutality and eight hundred years of slavery under Muslim invaders?

He is saying the Muslims enriched Indian culture and I think he has a point. For instance, Muslims enriched Indian cuisine, Indian music, Indian paintings, Indian architecture. There was no concept of history writing in the modern sense in pre-Muslim India (with the exception of a few Kashmiris particularly Kalhana of Kashmir). History writing in the modern sense came into being in India because of Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rishi wrote:Many accolades are flowing over this article (and one commentator already pointed out that there were very few comments by Muslim brothers) because now Hindus are feeling vindicated . Hindus have yet to reconcile to the fact that some invaders only took away some valuables. What they left behind has flourished into a beautiful aspect of our multicultural society which is beyond value. You cannot divide Takhtetaus or Kohinoor for general possession but you can share respect and understanding and it would grow . I hardly see a difference between a skull cap and a gandhi cap and as for the beard, please spare it the tag of MUSLIM. Every sadhu be tagged a Muslim.

He is saying the Muslims enriched Indian culture and I think he has a point. For instance, Muslims enriched Indian cuisine, Indian music, Indian paintings, Indian architecture. There was no concept of history writing in the modern sense in pre-Muslim India (with the exception of a few Kashmiris particularly Kalhana of Kashmir). History writing in the modern sense came into being in India because of Muslims.

Before the coming of Muslims, Indian historians ( with very few exceptions particularly Kalhana of Kashmir) would freely mix historical facts with mythology and fantasy and they apparently thought there was nothing wrong in doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Muslims are architects of their own misery,’ said Aamir Shahzad, a religiously devout postgraduate history student of Lucknow University, with barely suppressed fury. ‘I hate to say it but my father and grandfather’s generations have failed us. Their priorities have been wrong and we are paying for their mistakes. They allowed mullahs to become our spokesmen. And look where we are today.’

Hmm.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:18 pm

"Let me confess that this is not the book I set out to write. The book I had in mind was about the unchanging face of Muslim fundamentalism in India. But barely a few weeks into research, I discovered I was completely on the wrong track. The big story staring me in the face was quite the opposite— far from flourishing, Muslim fundamentalism was actually dying a slow death."

"Indian Muslims are having their own ‘spring’. It may not have the shape of an organised movement, and we may not see people going around waving banners or picketing ‘mullahs’, but it is genuine, widespread, and it looks like it is here to stay. The media has largely ignored the change that is sweeping India’s Muslim community and continues to play up the extreme voices because they make ‘news’. Yet, five or ten years from now, it might realise that it missed the biggest story of its time unfolding right under its nose."

http://www.firstpost.com/living/book-extract-indias-muslim-spring-and-the-new-indian-muslim-1357869.html

-> of course they are too busy fanning Muzaffarnagar type incidents.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down